[19]
2.3k 4 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The priest made his way to the Guild Hall, enjoying the fresh morning air.

When he entered the Guild Hall, he made a beeline for upstairs, not bothering to report to the secretary.

Knocking on a wooden door, a muffled voice sounded and the door opened slightly.

"Ah? Mr. Kaden, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Noah asked politely. Priests may not have shocking combat prowess, but they were backed by the behemoth that was the Holy Church.

With countless branches and strong warriors who served beneath them, no kingdom was foolish enough to go against the Holy Church.

"I came by to inform you that a village was massacred." Hearing the words, Noah raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Do you have proof to back your words?" Noah wasn't trying to make the priest mad, instead, he had to ask for proof before he could mobilize the Adventurers in his Guild.

"Mm. Two children covered in blood showed up at the gate last night. A monster they couldn't identify attacked and killed everyone in their village. Send a team to verify if you wish."

Hearing Kaden, Noah tapped his desk and then nodded slightly. He could indeed issue a mission to go check the village without much fuss.

"Okay. What else do you need? You wouldn't come here just to inform me about a village being destroyed." Noah asked while stretching his arms lightly.

"I want to ask you about a monster. Have you ever heard of a skeletal monster with green blood?" Kaden asked with a curious tone.

"Mm. I don't think I have. Most monster blood is black, so perhaps it's something else? Sigh, we also discovered a new monster as well recently..."

Thinking back to the appearance of the husk, he shook his head in helplessness. Even after years of adventuring, he hadn't come across something like that.

"Okay, I'll take my leave now. You should get some rest." Kaden said as he left the room, closing the door behind him. Greeting the secretary as he left, he went back to the church.

Noah reclined in his seat, tapping the desk with his finger with a pensive look on his face. 

'Two monsters I haven't heard of before... Has a rift to another continent really opened up within the Forest?' With another sigh, he focused on his paper work, inwardly wishing he could take a nap.

...

Isaac saw the horizon light up as the sun started to rise, painting the skies with beautiful colors that resembled a painting.

He slowed his pace, not wanting to move during the day too much. It didn't bother him too much, it was like a nagging feeling in the back of his mind that told him to lay low.

'I guess Xenomorphs don't really like to move during the day as they can't blend in. Who knows if a monster might fly overhead and attack me when I'm moving?'

Settling down in the tall grasses, Isaac focused his mind on the strange Bronze haze in his body and tried to prod it with his mind.

He had noticed it long ago, he just never had the time to investigate what it was in detail. With a few attempts that ended in failure, Isaac sighed and then stopped receiving signals from his senses, something he learned how to do while traveling overnight.

His body lay on the ground, emitting a bit of pressure that could keep weaker monsters away. Perhaps because he lived as a human, despite his body still being full to energy, he felt a bit tired.

71