[22]
2.4k 8 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaac lay in the field, his mind trying to figure out how to make the Bronze cloud move, however it seemed to be an unloving rock whenever he tried to control it.

'Why is it so hard? That guy was able to use his own cloud to attack, why can't I just move it around to draw the impurities out?'

Isaac absently thought back over the day he had previously and started to sweat a bit in shock.

'I really was acting like a monster. Damn, I won't let a body decide how I act!' Isaac promised himself to rein in his Xenomorph side.

...

"Sister, do you think the monster will come for us?" Fred asked with tears in his eyes, his cute and chubby cheeks pouted.

"No. Even if he did, I will kill him after I become a Great Adventurer." Hearing his sister  reassure him, Fred snuggled closer into her embrace.

Mr. Kaden walked back to the duo who sat in the church's main hall, setting a plate of sweets in front of them.

"Eat up, we need to go to the Guild later." As a priest, he was innately kind, something that made many people admire him.

"Un." Christina replied as she stuck a cookie cut into weird shapes into her mouth, looking at her brother with a ray of hope in her eyes.

...

Alfred and Rick stopped a few hundred feet away from the village entrance, wary of being attacked by a monster.

"What are you guys so cautious for? Let's go make sure they're alright. I want to head back before the sun sets." Another bulky man kept moving forward.

They decided to follow behind him, looking around when the man in front froze and started to shake.

"What's wrong..." Rick looked ahead and felt his stomach toss and turn as he looked at the bloody ground with limbs and bodies strewn all over.

"What the hell?" Feeling sick, he crouched down, not caring in the least for his image and started to throw up.

As the others headed over, they saw the remains of the battle, or rather slaughter and had problems stomaching it as well.

"What could have done this? Several of the dead have their skulls smashed while others have mutilation wounds as if they were cut with a sword."

After searching the village, they found the man who had been exposed to the acidic blood Isaac had lost and shivered.

After gathering the bodies near the entrance of the village, Rick and Alfred shared a look of puzzlement.

'The heck happened to this guy? His skull and face are practically one now!' Feeling a bit down, the adventurers gathered in front of the village, one of them holding a torch.

"I hope we can kill whatever did this." An adventurer said while clenching his fists in rage.

"We will." Rick said with a soft voice, patting the man on the back. Taking the torch, he tossed it into the pile of corpses and turned to leave.

 

65