[25]
2.3k 10 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the adventurers were returning to the town, they filled in Cilia who had lagged behind about their findings.

"So everyone in the village were killed? Weren't they eaten? What kind of animal kills, yet doesn't eat their prey?" Cilia asked softly.

"One that kills for sport." Another adventurer responded with a grave voice. To massacre an entire village for sport... He shuddered and hoped he never encountered it.

"The town is thirty minutes away, let's hurry back before night falls. I feel uneasy." Rick said as he sped up his pace.

...

Isaac felt a strange sense of comfort, one that made him want to bathe in the sensation longer, but before long, it faded and a crisp crackling noise was heard within his body.

His Bronze essence had all turned into Silver essence! His strength surged and his speed increased, giving him an all around boost in all aspects.

'So I now need to figure out how I can get to Gold rank. Ah? Is it that simple?' Because Isaac couldn't see, his senses had improved drastically.

The Silver essence within him started to fluctuate and leave his body, turning into Silver aura that coated his body in a thin layer.

Trotting to a stop, Isaac felt as if he could control his silver essence easily. With a swipe of his claws, a ray of dark colored light shot out and cut the grass ahead in two.

Despite the seemingmy easy action, the Silver essence within his body faded a bit, slowly being reformed by the cloud of essence within him.

'So despite me being at the Silver Rank, I'm still quite bad at using it efficiently. I need to practice a bit so I don't waste any of my precious essence in a fight.'

If he ran out of essence while fighting someone as strong as him, it didn't take a master to know that he'd lose. 

While the Silver essence increased his strength, his body had also ranked up and became stronger. Even a normal human would find it tough to damage his exoskeleton even if he didn't move from his spot.

'Okay, I've been running around like a headless chicken. I'll just choose with direction I think is best until I see a road I can follow.'

With a blur, his speed had more than doubled after he hit the Silver Rank. The average human would only be able to see a blur if they saw him while he was running.

A dirt road soon appeared leading into a forest, one that wasn't too large. Without much fear, Isaac leapt into the canopy and kept moving, following the road while hoping he found civilization.

'I should be strong enough if I enter a town right?' The average monster was more powerful than a humanoid at the same level.

By physique alone, Isaac could probably match a Gold Ranked humanoid. Of course, because the difference between Silver and Gold, it was nearly impossible to fight above one's rank.

Silver Ranks could project their energy while Gold Ranks had already luquified their essence, as well as awakening their elemental affinity.

Mr. Kaden could use light elements to heal despite being at Silver Rank, which made him a genius in the eyes of many. If someone knew that Isaac had awakened a dark elemental affinity while having just reached the Silver Rank, their faces would be quite amazing.

Should the MC get a System?
  • Yes Votes: 130 46.1%
  • No Votes: 92 32.6%
  • Who Cares? Votes: 60 21.3%
Total voters: 282
61