Chapter 4: Meeting and a New Goal
167 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking home through the east side of Small Town, Lucy looks around anxiously. After all, especially in the areas where the less desirables are kept people must be cautious of the Underworld Party.

Since the unification of the continent, the Underworld Party also unified the continent's underworld. In all the media outlets the Underworld Party is always made to be the scourge of mankind, while the Underworld Party thrives in the areas of the less desirables. That being the case, those unaffiliated with the Underworld Party must be cautious when in the area.

Of course, the Underworld Party wouldn't be everywhere in this Small Town like in other places. Though, there are still many disappearances that happen throughout the east side of town, while some are the people's lynchings and others are the politicians satisfying some of their darker hobbies with the less desirables and their descendants.

So, as Lucy approaches the park, she breathes a sigh of relief. Though, before making her way to the familiar shack she first begins to make her way to the public restroom in the park.

After finishing up, Lucy starts toward the shack thinking to herself, "hopefully, brother did okay at work today."

Taking out her key and opening all the locks, Lucy opens the door while announcing, "big brother, I'm home!"

Walking in she's surprised to see her brother sitting cross-legged on the couch in a trance. His dark, black hair which is usually unkempt was neat and although he was in a daze he possessed a strange, sharp aura around him. His jaw line was sharp and distinctive. His nose seemed like it brought together his whole face to make the sharp, determined look complete.

While she was looking at her brother in a trance, Michael just happened to open his eyes and look towards her. His eyes had a sharp look in them and they seemed to have a certain type of wisdom.


Waking up, Michael was surprised to see a beauty in a school uniform looking at him in a trance. Her dark hair flowed down her back to her waist and she had average facial features, though she had a unique temperament about her. Her figure was great with a slender body and ample breasts. The combination of her hair, her temperament, and her average, but enjoyable face, complimented her figure to form an enjoyable beauty. Though, the beauty was all covered up by her tattered uniform, bruised face, and messy hair.

Seeing this girl who seemed to be around age 15, Michael's surprise faded while he said naturally, "hello, sister."

However, after speaking he spat out a red-black glob of blood. He also, felt a lot of the excess thoughts from his previous life leave him and he gained a new level of calm. Though, however natural he may act, he's still troubled as to how to treat this newly-gained sister.

"Brother, what are you doing!? Are you okay?"

After entering his trance-like state Michael made his way into the Beginner stage of the first realm of the Flowing Heart Sutra. After all, Michael already went through life and death while he also had a resistance to emotions thanks to his Control skill. So, when it came time to purify his heart, there was nearly no hinderance.

When he reached the Beginner stage, some impure thoughts in his heart condensed and materialized.  The condensed impurities of his heart then gathered with some of the impurities in his body and exited his body through the mouth.

Taking a second to think through his state, Michael answered:

"Well, sister, I was on my way home from helping out Mister Wilson and got in an accident. Don't think too deep into it. Anyway, where's the bathroom?"

As if hearing a joke Lucy teplied, "Hahaha, brother, why would there be a bathroom?"

Dumbfounded, Michael decided that he shouldn't talk to this newly-gained sister of his until he figures out the details of his new life. So, he said, "Well, anyways I got scraped up. So I'll go to wash up and change my clothes"

"Okay... be safe on your way to the shower house brother."

Seeming to have more to say, Lucy replied to Michael.

Realization dawned on Michael as he remembered that there didn't seem to be a bathroom in the house.

While thinking of where his clothes could be, Michael saw Lucy walk towards the couch and reach under the couch. She then handed him a set of still-tattered clothes. Though, they weren't torn up like the one's he's wearing.

So, while Lucy saw him off Michael made his way out of the house in his tattered clothes. With no clue where to go, Michael made his way towards the only bench in the small park near his house. Though, the bench was eroded and seemed to be older than Michael.

When he sat down Michael once again started to tap into that ocean of memories.

"Ugh..."

Though, Michael was surprised to find that it wasn't as painful as the first two times. Further, after a few time of slamming into his consciousness the ocean of memories receded, though some of the memories stayed and fused with Michael's consciousness.

There was no bathroom in the little shack since there was no plumbing in the eastern area of Small Town. After all, the founders and subsequent leaders of Small Town, wouldn't waste too much money developing housing for the undesirables.

Now recalling, why there was no bathroom along with the location of the shower, Michael started towards the shower house.

After reaching the showers Michael found to his surprise that he wasn't alone here. Turning his attention to the other person, Michael saw a man with a scar across his face. He gave off the aura of a ruffian.

Now, noticing his presence , the man scowled and said:

"Boy, I helped you out as a favour to your parents. Yet, you went and started working for a politician. Hmph, at least now you can pay me back for the money I gave you."

After all, the less desirables and their decendents feel only loathe for the Government and the People's Religion since they were cast aside and descriminated against. An extreme example is if a jew in a death camp during the holacaust worked for camp officers. Of course, in that case the jew wouldn't be popular but no-one would offend him. However, in this case, the government would't care about Michael and people would of course not like Michael. Even Michael's boss, Frank Wilson, hired Michael since he was cheap labour and he had an okay memory. He wouldn't care about Michael if he got into trouble.

With what Michael's gone through he can of course see this. So, not wanting to waste any time, he only replied coldly, "Do I know you? Do you want to start something with me?"

"Kid, if I can't have you pay me back today, I'll get what you owe me out of your sister. Your just like all those fucking drones. You best remember me after I'm done with you."

Although Michael's not afraid of death after already experiencing it once, he remembers and hates the feeling of being hurt and changed into his listless self. So, after arriving in this world he already decided to stay himself no matter the cost.

And so, not wanting to be forced and oppressed, of course Michael wouldn't mince words.

"Then why keep talking. If you want something then come get it."

2