Chapter 6: A Plan
130 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dressing room, Michael saw many suits displayed on the side. There were another few people around talking about the recent news while getting ready to get into a changing room. They were assistants to other people in the building, as the important people generally have their own dressing room. There were mostly males but some females too. In this world, there's little to no racial discrimination, though there's a huge gender gap. However, no-one talks about changing the gender gap and there's racial equality only because the People's Religion declared all people who contribute to the Collective Consciousness as equally important. Though, females are thought to have different roles in society.

The belief that the many are right and the few are wrong, makes the people of Demacia nearly incapable of advancing their society and culture, as having individual beliefs is frowned upon. The concept of social movements in this world doesn't exist as any outliers are quickly weeded out into the undeveloped areas. So, patriarchal thoughts aren't likely to change and any outstanding figures are generally male. Further, any discrimination the less desirables face likely won't stop, as it's a deeply rooted belief in a stagnant society.

Michael quickly selected a suit before heading to a male changing room. The suit wasn't particularly outstanding. Though, putting it on and looking in the mirror Michael realized that he looked almost the same as his previous self.

Walking back out, Michael noticed that everybody was ignoring him. Though, he paid it no mind as in his past life he didn't socialize much before his final move. And, after the events leading up to his death, he put away the thought of being a social butterfly. He wouldn't beg for attention.

Going towards the door to walk out, Michael stopped when someone spat at his feet. Just beside him, the man who spat looked back and continued his conversation as though nothing happened.

Michael, feeling an increasing loathe towards the world glared at the man. Though, he didn't do anything. After all, there happened to be many people there and Michael had no way to go through with his actions without consequences.

However, as Michael turned away slightly furious, the guy who spit feel onto the floor shivering. Michael, hearing the guy fall, turned and looked at him surprised. However, recalling the words of Earth's God, he found a hint as to why that happened.

"Ether is a substance which the magicians of this world use to exert power through their will."

Michael, finding out how to maybe use his Control ability decided to test his theory. So, Michael offered a hand to the trembling man and said:

"Are you okay? Let me help you up."

The man still trembling thought to himself, 'what was that? Why am I so scared?'

Thinking it strange, the man tried to calm himself and reached to grab Michael's hand.

Michael, recalling what the God said and his status, remembered that he comprehended anxiety to 5%. So trying for aversion, which he had at 10%, he tried to will the man's emotions to change to his liking. He decided to increase his aversion towards a hulk of a guy standing nearby.

The man feeling something change, shifted his gaze towards the hulk. His eyes turned red and he slapped off Michael's hand. Walking up to the hulk, the man struck with all his strength.

Though, contrary to what Michael thought would happen, the hulk didn't beat the shit out of the rude spit guy. He only slapped him once hard and the guy passed out. A minute or two later security came and carried the guy out. Unbeknownst to Michael until later, the man was carried to a police car waiting out front, tried for assault later, and eventually evicted out of his house and forced into the undesirables' area. In Demacia, any major infractions generally result in dire consequences if brought to light, especially since he acted in such an important building.

Michael though felt excited that his test turned out to be successful and decided to test out his ability more while settling on a general plan.

Walking back to the room where Frank was and standing behind Frank's chair, Michael saw him talking to a neatly dressed man who seemed to be just a bit above middle-aged, entering his older years. The man possessed a commanding aura and Frank sat talking to him very respectfully. The man, noticing Michael, asked Frank:

"He is?"

"Mister Lincoln, he is a new hire that I got from the east of town. I thought that with the upcoming election for mayor, we should have someone like him in case of emergencies. And, he happened to seem smart and useful too."

Though he didn't say it exactly, he meant to say that he needed someone disposable; someone that wouldn't create a fuss if missing. As an undesirable's descendant with missing parents, he happened to be a perfect candidate. That too, with the previous Michael showing good results.

Nodding disinterestedly, the man said, "Okay, so how are your efforts at hiring the Party going? I can't succeed without some dirt on the other candidates."

He got the meaning in Frank's words.  So did Michael. However,  him being this close to them made his plan much easier, which he saw as a blessing. Or perhaps, God arranged for him to be here. Perhaps.

"Sir, they seem to be taking a firm stance on not taking any sides. However, they said they might think about it as a front. Though, I only talked with a messenger. I don't know if she relayed everything to her boss correctly... She was quite annoying, too."

"Okay. I got some attention with my announcement yesterday, so make as much use of it as you can. And, where did my daughter go?"

"Dad, I was looking around the building."

Walking into the room, Monica talked to her dad before looking towards Michael. Seeing him, her eyes shone like she found a new plaything. She happened to see his image in Lucy's belongings before, while 'playing' with her.

Michael, seeing her, decided on a proper course of plans and willed Abe Lincoln's emotions to change. He focused his will on Abe as he slowly increased his attachment towards his daughter.

Abe, feeling an increasing affection towards his daughter, said, "Monica, how was school today?"

Looking back at her dad Monica said:

"Dad, everything was okay. I got into the top ten in school. But that girl from the undeveloped area was one place in front of me. I think she cheated.

Anyways, now, dad, I'm bored. So, can I take this guy to go play?"

Knowing his daughter's sadistic tendencies, Abe said in a carefree manner:

"That's fine, just come back in an hour while I finish talking to Frank." Then looking at Michael, he said, "You, don't hurt my daughter."

"Okay! Come here, you."

Thinking it a good opportunity, Michael nodded and said, "Okay, Miss, where are we going?"

While talking, Michael thought and smiled to himself, 'this is a perfect time to go through with my Puppet Plan.'

2