The Demon Who Catch My Heart
1.1k 72 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Demon Who Catch My Heart

by Nanakawaichan

 

 

Premise Tags: LitRPG, Fantasy,

Master/Servant, Medieval Setting,

Battle Competition, Incubus.

Content Warnings: Ecchi,

Nudity, Mild Punishment,

Mild Fantasy Violence.

 

 

 

- Dong! - Dong! - Dong!

The bell sounds from the tower in the middle of the city of mages, Erstonia chimed 12 times, indicating it was midnight. The city looked so quiet, the shops and houses had closed their doors and windows, the streets also looked deserted. Only a few guards were walking around to patrol, the city gates had also been closed by the city guards to protect the city from monster attacks.

Between the silence and darkness of the night, faint movements were seen in a room for the novice mages in Clourmity, Academy of Wizardry. A slightly skinny 19 years old boy with messy brown hair was busy making a magic formation on the large parchment on his room floor in the Clourmity dorm. His hand that was gripping the feather pen continued to move, scratching the tip onto the parchment under him, while he was on four legs. Sweat from his temple ran down the cheek on his average face. He didn't know how many hours he had worked on this parchment.

"Done!" Anthony stood and grinned as his eyes stared at the magic formation beneath his feet. This was his last chance to summon a familiar for tomorrow's test. If he couldn't do it, then he would be expelled from that Magic Academy.

He placed the pen in his hand on the desk beside him before returning his gaze to the magic formation in front of him and took another deep breath to shake off his nervousness. Who knew how many times he tried to summon a familiar and always failed. Even though all the novice mage students had their familiars since 3 months ago. They even had trained together for this test. He was the only one who didn't have a familiar.

He stepped back, aimed his hands at the formation as he began to mutter a spell.

"O 'great creature. Hear these words. Hear my cry, I call to you from the other side. I wish you to be here. Come to me! I summon you!"

The magic formation glowed in white and slowly the light grew brighter and brighter.

 

[Summoning initiated ...]

[Searching for familiar ... 2%]

 

Anthony's heart was pounding, his eyes fixed on the magic formation to make sure nothing was wrong as he focused his concentration.

'Please, please, please give me a cool familiar ...' he prayed. He could imagine a strong looking familiar like a dragon with powerful fire magic attacks or a stone golem that shook the ground with a single blow. Well, Golem didn't sound like a good idea now, since he was doing this summoning ritual in his room, not in the training ground. But if there was a golem who wanted to make a contract with him, he didn't mind even though his room would get destroyed because of it.

 

[Searching for familiar ... 43%]

 

'C'mon please ...' His heart was beating even faster since he could only use this parchment once. If he failed, he would have to create a new magic formation and that would take him hours.

Minutes passed but not a single creature appeared from the magic formation.

 

[Searching for familiar ... 87%]

 

'Please, anything is fine ...' Even he wouldn't be disappointed even if the magic formation could only summon a lv 1 slime. The important thing was they didn't disqualify him for tomorrow's exam.

 

[Searching for familiar ... 93%]

 

As his hopes grew thinner, the magic formation in front of him dimmed and replaced with a dark aura.

"Did I make the wrong formation?" Anthony began to panic as the light of his magic formation engulfed the darkness.

- Puff!

A small explosion threw his body into the corner, thick smoke filled the room.

* Cough * * Cough * * Cough *

Anthony coughed as he endured the pain from his back which hit the wall and tried to back to his legs. Then his eyes widened when he read the announcement in front of him.

 

[Congratulations! A familiar has agreed to your contract!]

 

"Yesss!" he shouted happily since after dozens of failures, he finally succeeded. A big grin on his face.

But then he noticed a man's loud moaning sounds from the middle of the magic formation, along with unusual movements like someone doing a push-up.

"Oh - yeah, baby! -Ah-hah-ah ..."

Anthony focused his eyes on the centre of the magic formation, his hands shaking off the smoke in front of him and his forehead creased in confusion.

'A humanoid familiar?' Usually, familiars had a different form from humans.

As the smoke disappeared, his jaw dropped with what he saw. A handsome man in his 20s with red hair. His well-built body was clearly visible since not a single piece of cloth covered his body. A pair of horns on his head with bat wings on his back and pointed ears. The man was in a push-up position and moved his hips back and forth excitedly as his eyes closed as if he was really enjoying it. His black tail with a triangular tip wagged in excitement. Also ... Ehem ... that hard 'Dong' on his groin.

That man's status appeared above his head.

 

[Name: Dioblo Shadowraven]

[Level *% &]

[Class: What are you looking at?]

[HP: Stop checking my status will ya?]

[MP: Get lost, loser!]

[Skills: Hey, I said get lost!]

 

"What the heck ..." muttered Anthony. He knew that man was using a fake status skill to cover up his real status, the only thing he knew was his name.

Realizing something was wrong, Dioblo stopped and opened his eyes. His face filled with surprise and confusion. Quickly, he stood up and looked around the room in confusion.

"Where the hell is this ?! Where's my woman ?!" he snapped in confusion. Then he turned to Anthony who was still stiff like a retarded Gargoyle statue asking for food.

"Oi, kid! Is this your doing ?!" he roared in anger. His eyes glinted in red with feline-like pupils stared at Anthony filled with intimidation, as if he was ready to break Anthony in half.

Anthony shook his head in fear.

"I-I-I'm so ---" He was just about to apologize, but suddenly he remembered. He was that creature's master, he shouldn't be afraid, right?

'I am his master, I have to show my dignity to him.' Anthony cleared his throat and lifted his head, trying to show his authority, even though he was scared. 

"I-I mean. Yes. I'm the one who summoned you. You have agreed to be my familiar, I am your master, you have to obey me," said Anthony in a voice full of authority or at least he tried to sound like one.

"My master? You?" Dioblo scoffed.

"Are you tired of living?"

Anthony gulped hard, but he kept trying to keep his composure.

"Ye-Yes, you must obey m--" Before Anthony finished Dioblo suddenly turned into a dark aura and appeared before him.

Dioblo's hand rubbed Anthony's cheek. His lips were only 1 inch from Anthony's ear. Anthony could feel Dioblo's lean muscles and his six-pack abs pressing Anthony's body.

"I will ask again. Are you tired of living?" whispered Dioblo with a smirk. He was a great demon who never submitted to anyone. He would not submit to this pathetic, weak mage.

Anthony pressed his lips as his body trembled in fear.

'I'm dead! I'm so dead! ' Mages were very weak in close combat. That's why this Academy taught them how to summon familiars when they reached level 10. So they could fight both close and ranged combat.

"N-No, " said Anthony as he could make his voice.

"Good. Now send me back," whispered Dioblo again.

"I-I can't ..." said Anthony in a trembling voice.

Dioblo pulled his face away and shifted it to look at Anthony.

"Why?" His brows creased in annoyance.

"The contract cannot be cancelled, after all, you have agreed to be my familiar," explained Anthony.

"What ?! When did I agree to it ?!" snapped Dioblo.

Anthony shook his head side to side. His fear was still visible on his face.

"Magic formation could send messages to all mythical creatures but couldn't force them to agree to it," he explained. That's why his magic formations always failed because no mythical creatures agreed to make a contract with him.

An awkward chuckle popped out of Dioblo's mouth as he moved his hand away from Anthony's face.

"Are you trying to say I---" Then he paused as he remembered what happened earlier. He was having a good time with one of his women when an announcement appeared before him.

 

[Anthony Glorywind, Level 21 Mage wants to make a contract with you. Do you accept it?]

[Yes / No]

 

Dioblo clearly remembered that he tried to press 'No' since he had no interest in it, after all, how could he accept such a weak person as his master? But after that, he was here, which meant he made the wrong choice.

'Dammit! I should have been more careful. ' He admitted he didn't pay attention to where his finger was pressing since he was too excited with his woman. Dioblo sighed, his eyes fixed on the pathetic man who had summoned him. From his face, Anthony looked like he could cry anytime even though Dioblo hadn't done anything to him.

Dioblo smirked.

'Alright, since I'm stuck here I'll be playing with him.' He retreated and bowed slightly as he placed his right hand on his left chest, one of his legs flexing backwards elegantly.

"Since you have already summoned me, I will introduce myself. My name is Dioblo Shadowraven. I am a demon."

'Demon?' Anthony's eyes widened in shock since this was the first time a demon was willing to become a mage's familiar. Demons were arrogant creatures. Making them recognize a human as their master was impossible. 

Dioblo raised his head to look at him and smirked.

"A lust demon to be precise," he added.

Anthony gulped hard, again and smiled awkwardly.

'Lust demon? What the hell ?! ' he screamed internally. Okay, an ordinary demon would not be a problem for him since demons could eat human food, but a lust demon was definitely a problem for him because prostitution was illegal in Erstonia. Meanwhile, sooner or later, Anthony had to find a way for Dioblo to channel his desire.

Again, without warning, Dioblo suddenly turned into a dark aura and appeared before him. Their faces were very close and their lips were almost touching each other.

"I hope you know what to do --- Master," he said seductively. A smirk on his lips.

"I-I promise I will feed you well," said Anthony in a trembling voice. His heart felt like it would stop every time Dioblo did that.

"Of course, you have to 'feed' me well. If not ---" Dioblo's face approached the side of Anthony's neck. He took a deep breath to smell his fragrance as he moved his head from Anthony's shoulder to his neck.

Dioblo's breath tickled his skin, scaring him even more. Another announcement appeared before Anthony.

 

[Summoner feels threatened.]

[Master's Protection will be activated]

 

Seeing Anthony was getting scared, Dioblo teased him again.

“I will 'eat' --- Argggg!” Before Dioblo finished his sentence a thunderbolt suddenly struck his body, making his body shake violently.

 

[First punishment has been done]

 

Dioblo staggered back as he gasped for breath. His eyes stared at Anthony in annoyance.

"Hey, what's that for ?!" Even though the lightning didn't do any damage to him, he could still feel the pain.

Since Anthony felt threatened his Master's Protection skill was triggered again.

"Argggg!" Dioblo screamed in pain as the thunderbolt struck him again. 

 

[Second punishment has been done]

 

"Oi, stop it! I'm a lust demon, not a frickin masochist!" Dioblo complained as he panted. His index finger pointed at Anthony in annoyance.

Anthony panicked.

"It's a passive skill, I can't stop it." He also didn't want to torture Dioblo like this, but it was Dioblo's attitude that made him trigger the skill.

"How dare you treat me like this!" Dioblo glared at Anthony.

And again, since Anthony felt threatened, the lightning striking Dioblo again.

"F*ckin-- Arhhhgggg!"

 

[Third punishment has been done. ]

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

- Dong! - Dong! - Dong!

The bell sounds from the tower in the middle of the city chimed 7 times, indicating that it was 7 AM. The city of Erstonia, which had looked deserted, started to get busy. Some shops and houses had opened their doors and windows. Several carriages and people also began to be seen on the streets, likewise Clourmity Academy, which was starting to look crowded.

The morning sun shone through Anthony's window, illuminating Dioblo who was panting on the bed.

"-hah-hah-hah -..."

'Shit! How could a great demon like me end up as a weak mage's familiar like him! ' he grumbled internally.

Anthony stood in the corner of the room, looking at Dioblo who was lying weakly on his bed. There was guilt in him, even though he knew it wasn't his fault.

"Um ... Dioblo, do you need anything?" he said in hesitation as he took a step toward Dioblo.

Dioblo pointed at Anthony with his index finger in panic.

"No, no, no. Just stay where you are. I don't want to turn into a masochist." He had been electrocuted more than 10 times last night, he didn't want to experience it again.

"It's fine. The skills have stopped," Anthony explained. He had received an announcement for that. Besides, he felt calmer now. Previously he had panicked too much after he discovered that Dioblo was a demon.

Dioblo snorted in annoyance and turned to the window beside him, looking up at the clear morning sky. Even if he didn't know Anthony was lying or not, asking someone to step away out of the pain was definitely out of his character.

"You better not lie to me." Finally, he changed his mind.

"I'm not a liar." Anthony walked over to Dioblo and placed his palm to Dioblo's forehead.

His gesture surprised Dioblo. He turned to Anthony who looked worried and could see Anthony's pale and tired face since he didn't sleep last night. 

"Are you still in pain? Is there anything I can do to ease your pain?" asked Anthony in worries.

"Are you worried about me?" asked Dioblo in confusion. He didn't expect this since what Anthony did last night was just curled in the corner. But it looked like he did it to calm himself, so his lightning didn't strike Dioblo anymore.

"Of course. I am your master, I should have taken care of you," said Anthony worriedly. His eyes examined Dioblo's naked body, making sure he was okay as he held back his pounding heart and his face that started to feel hot.

He needed to admit that Dioblo had a good body as he could see his beautiful muscles and his six-pack abs up close. In addition, his handsome face made him look much manlier compared to Anthony who was a little thin and looked like a nerd.

'Man ... I wish I had a body like him ...' Anthony's eyes shifted slightly downward and caught a glance of his 'Dong'. Quickly, Anthony turned to Dioblo's chest with a flushed face and pretended to check it.

'Even his' Dong' is bigger than mine,' sobbed Anthony internally. Somehow Anthony felt like a failure as a man.

Anthony's red face made Dioblo want to tease him again.

"Hey, do you like me?" he said in a seductive voice.

Anthony took his hand off Dioblo and waved it quickly with his face flushed like a tomato.

"O-Of course not," he said in a panic.

"Oh ... I thought you liked me since you looked at me like that," said Dioblo in the same tone.

"Uh ..." Anthony gave him an awkward grin.

"What are you thinking? We are both men --- ahahaha." And ended with an awkward laugh. 

"You know ... I don't mind it, as long as you love me," said Dioblo with a smirk.

Anthony's laughter dimmed as his heart began pounding.

After a short pause, Anthony spoke again.

"Are you serious?"

Dioblo sat up and brought his face closer to Anthony's.

"Yea, I'm serious." Dioblo's eyes stared straight at Anthony's as if stripping his thoughts and making Anthony's heart pound even faster.

* Knock * * Knock * * Knock *

Knocking sounds came and they turned to it in reflex. A male voice from outside followed the knock.

"Oi, Ant wakes up! The test will begin soon!" Yes, that was Anthony's nickname here, Ant. Because they always underestimated him and demeaned him just like an ant.

"Why did you wake him up? Without a familiar he will fail anyway," another male voice sounded.

Anthony clenched his hands. 

"We'll see about that! I already have a familiar now!" he shouted.

"Is your familiar lv 1 slime?" said another and was followed by a sound of scornful laughter from the others. Then their laughter faded away.

Anthony could only press his lips since he did not know Dioblo's ability and status. He only knew a lust demon liked to come to his women at night and disappear before the morning came, he never heard a lust demon could fight. But based on what he saw last night, at least Dioblo should be able to avoid the enemy's attack.

'It's okay. I can handle it. ' Anthony was determined to fight alone since he hadn't had the chance to check about Dioblo's fighting abilities.

Dioblo's gaze returned to Anthony.

"What's wrong with them?" he asked.

Anthony sighed.

"Just ignore them. They think I'm a failure."

"Because you keep failing to summon familiar?" guessed Dioblo.

"Yeah." Anthony looked at Dioblo with gratitude and smiled gently.

"But I know I'm not a failure because I already have you now. I hope you will help me for my test."

'Cute ...' thought Dioblo. For all this time, as a lust demon, his women had always looked at him with lust, but he found a gentle and sincere smile from Anthony. Unconsciously, Dioblo blushed. But he immediately turned his face on the other side to cover it up.

'Wait! Wait! Wait! I should be the one who teases him. Why is this backfiring on me?'

"Okay, as long as you treat me well," said Dioblo cooly even though his heart started pounding.

"Thank you." Anthony stood up and grabbed his uniform blazer to cover his white turtleneck sweater.

"The test will begin soon. We have to go now." He turned and walked toward the exit. While Dioblo got out of bed and followed him. But as Anthony's hand grabbed the door handle, he stopped as he remembered something important. Dioblo was naked! He couldn't possibly bring Dioblo to the arena like this.

"Why did you stop?" asked Dioblo.

Anthony turned to Dioblo with an awkward smile.

"I forgot to give you clothes."

"Clothes?" Dioblo's brows furrowed in confusion.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not human."

"No, you still need clothes." Even though Dioblo wasn't human, Anthony didn't want to treat him like an animal. After all, Dioblo has complete human features. 

Dioblo exhaled in annoyance as his eyes rolled to the side. Then he snapped his fingers. In an instant, a dark aura covered his body and formed a black shirt, black trousers and black shoes. While Anthony's jaw dropped in surprise once again.

"Is this enough?" asked Dioblo.

"O-Of course," replied Anthony in amazement. He didn't think Dioblo could do that thing.

"Now, what are you waiting for? Let's go," said Dioblo. And they went out into the arena.

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

A large arena was ready on the Clourmity Academy's yard. The arena shaped like a colosseum with seats around it. All the students had filled their seats, as did the teachers. Crystals that projected what was going on in the arena floated to the four sides of the arena, ensuring that all the audience could watch the battle before them clearly. As for the test, the students would fight with each other and whoever could make their opponent's HP below 50% would be the winner. The loser would compete again until the last 10 people. Those who failed had to repeat as the novice mages for half a year. As for the mages who didn't have any familiar, they would be expelled from the Academy.

Anthony walked towards the Arena followed by Dioblo. Spring breeze and flower petals greeted their faces and hair. But in contrast from the beautiful weather greeting, laughter and mockery came from all over the arena as they set their feet into it.

"Look! Ant is frustrated! He can't summon a familiar so he hired someone to pretend to be his familiar."

"Hey, Ant! Where did you buy your familiar's costume?" teased the others since they thought Dioblo's wings, tail, ears and horns were just costumes.

Then an announcement's sound echoed through the arena.

"Anthony Glorywind, where's your familiar? Why did you bring that weirdo?"

Anthony turned to the teachers who were staring angrily at him since they thought Anthony was trying to deceive them.

"He is my familiar, ma'am."

"Are you trying to trick us ?!" she snapped.

"I'm not lying! He is my familiar," Anthony tried to defend himself. He had a hard time explaining it because there had never been a humanoid familiar before.

Seeing Anthony in trouble, Dioblo took the initiative to help.

"Let me explain to her," he said in a relaxed tone.

"Anthony ---" The teacher was just about to disqualify Anthony but suddenly Dioblo turned into a dark aura and appeared in front of her. His wings flapped and his tail wagged casually, showing that it was real. His face drew closer to the teacher and stopped before her.

"Is this enough to prove that I'm not human?" said Dioblo with a smirk.

Everyone was dumbfounded in amazement and their eyes widened in shock.

"Yes ..." said the teacher with a flushed face as she could make her voice. His handsome face made her heart pounding. Besides, this was her first time seeing a humanoid familiar.

"Thank you." Then Dioblo disappeared and reappeared at Anthony's side. But instead of standing by Anthony's side like before, he flew above Anthony, as if he was sitting on an invisible chair with his legs folded in a relaxed manner.

"Done," he said casually as he glanced at Anthony with a smirk.

Anthony replied with a smile.

"Thank you for helping me."

From the opposite side to them, a black-haired student with a small dragon sitting on his shoulder. Anthony's heart skipped a beat. He didn't expect to face Willette Nobleflame, the most powerful genius novice mage. Many teachers predict Willette's true strength above his upperclassmen.

"My, my. This will be an easy fight for me," Willette said in a relaxed tone. His familiar was a dragon, so he was sure no one could beat him.

Anthony checked the status above his head.

 

[Name: Willette Nobleflame]

[Level 35]

[HP: 833/833]

[MP: 345/345]

[Skills: Fire Volley lv 5, Wind Walk lv 5, Thunder Storm lv 5, Freeze lv 5, Mana Shield lv 5, Familiar Contract lv 1, Summon Familiar lv 1, Master's Protection (Passive)]

 

[Name: Mirviss]

[Level 68]

[Class: Fire Dragon]

[HP: 2820/2820]

[MP: 1339/1339]

[Skills: Fire Breath lv max, Fire Bolt lv max, Ring of Fire lv max, Burn lv max, Magma Burst lv max]

 

'How can I win this?' Due to his inability to summon a familiar, even though he was desperately catching up, he was only level 21. Actually, his level was not that far from his friends, since their average level was about 24-25, but Willette was on another level. Besides that, his skills were not as great as Willette's.

"Go, Mirviss!" Willette ordered. The red dragon on his shoulder flew away and suddenly turned into a huge dragon of the size of two carriages.

"Grooooaaaarrrr!" The dragon roared loudly in the sky as a fiery breath came from its mouth.

"You may begin!" said the teacher. In an instant a transparent magic dome covered them.

'Wind Walk!'

 

[Wind Walk has been activated. Your speed + 30%]

 

And Anthony lunged straight at Willette. Even though his Wind Walk skill was only level 3 he had to do it.

At the same time, Willette also used his Wind Walk. And since it was level 5, of course, he was moving faster than Anthony.

While the dragon quickly attacked Dioblo with a burst of fire from its mouth. With ease, he teleported himself to the other side to dodge. But he didn't strike back, since that was what Anthony ordered him to do. Anthony only ordered him to dodge and draw his opponent's attention while Anthony took care of the rest. Dioblo's eyes were on Anthony who was fighting beneath him.

Anthony pointed his hand at Willette.

'Fire Volley!' Three fire orbs appeared in front of him and flew at Willette but Willette also used the same skill and five fire orbs flew towards Anthony.

He gasped and dodged two of Willette's fire orbs as his other fire orbs countered Willette's attack. Willette's fire orbs landed behind him and made two black marks on the ground. 

Then suddenly lightning came out of Willette's hand as he used his Thunder Storm skill.

'Magic Shield!' A transparent barrier protected Anthony from those thunderbolts.

 

[Magic Shield has been formed.]

 

Anthony gritted his teeth as he continued to muster his MP on defence. While Willette smirked since he knew Anthony's Magic Shield wouldn't last long against his Thunder Storm.

Meanwhile, Dioblo let out a sigh of annoyance as he teleported himself to the other side to avoid the dragon that kept chasing him.

'He should have asked my help.' But he can't complain or get angry since it was his fault. He was the one who covered up his status, so Anthony didn't know how strong he was.

Anthony's Magic Shield started to crack as he could feel his MP getting lower.

'Is this the end?' he gritted his teeth, waiting for the lightning to strike his body.

Suddenly Dioblo appeared next to him and pointed his hand at Willette.

'Shadow Barrier!' Another bigger black transparent barrier appeared in front of Anthony's Magic Shield.

 

[Shadow Barrier has been formed.]

 

The barrier kept all of Willette's attacks completely unlike Anthony's Magic Shield.

"You want to beat him, right? Why didn't you tell me?" said Dioblo, frowning in annoyance once again.

It wasn't that he didn't want to, but rather, Anthony was afraid that this fight would hurt Dioblo.

"I -" Anthony turned to Dioblo, his eyes widened in surprise as he saw the status above Dioblo's head.

 

[Name: Dioblo Shadowraven]

[Level 201]

[Class: Great Demon]

[HP: 15178/15178]

[MP: 2730/2739]

[Skills: Dark Thunder lv max, Shadow Barrier lv max, Telekinetic lv max, Hell Judgment lv max, Teleportation lv max, Silence lv max, Demonic Claw lv max, etc ...]

 

"Are you looking down on me?" Dioblo asked, still in the same annoyance.

Anthony shook his head with his mouth wide open in amazement.

"So what should I do?" asked Dioblo again. He could have killed Willette and his Dragon easily but he wasn't sure if humans were allowed to kill other humans.

"50%. I just need to reduce their HP by 50%," replied Anthony.

"Alright," said Dioblo as he turned his head to Willette, who kept on shooting his Thunder Storm and also his Dragon that spat huge flames in front of them.

Dioblo raised his other hand.

"Dark Thunder!" A black thunder suddenly came from the sky, pierced the transparent dome that protected the arena and struck Willette and his Dragon without giving Willette a chance to use his Magic Shield.

"Arrrhhhhhhggggg!" Willette and his Dragon's painful screams filled the arena as their bodies shook violently.

 

[You have struck a human for 495 HP. ]

[You have struck a dragon for 1560 HP. ]

 

"Oops!" Even though Dioblo had controlled his power, the damage exceeded his estimation.

Once the dark thunder disappeared, Willette and his Dragon collapsed to the ground.

Everyone was silent in amazement, including Anthony. Dioblo swept his gaze around him.

"Is there no applause or something?" he asked.

One by one everyone there stood up from their seats and applauded. The transparent magic dome that covered them disappeared and the healers quickly took Willette and his Dragon for treatment, followed by an announcement.

"Anthony Glorywind and his familiar passed the test and became a tier 1 mage!"

"We did it!" said Anthony with enthusiasm as he hugged Dioblo out of excitement. A happy smile on his face. He never thought he could beat Willette and his Dragon.

His innocent smile made Dioblo's heart pound again.

Anthony released his hug and smiled awkwardly.

"I mean --- You did it," he corrected his words. He knew he won because of Dioblo, not because of his own strength.

Dioblo smiled and gave him a soft pat on his head.

"No. You did it. If you didn't summon me, you wouldn't win today."

Anthony nodded and smiled, his eyes began to fill with tears holding back his emotional tears. Then he swept his gaze around him. This was the first time he felt proud of himself.

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

The sun was starting to set and the sky over the city of Erstonia turned red when Anthony and Dioblo returned to the room. They suddenly became pop idols. Everyone congratulated them and wanted to see Dioblo up close. A happy smile was on Anthony's lips, he really felt grateful for Dioblo's help.

The door behind them had just closed and Anthony had just turned to Dioblo to thank him and express his happiness. But Dioblo suddenly pushed him, pressed him against the wall and placed his hand on the side of Anthony's face. His face drew closer to Anthony's and his eyes were on Anthony's.

"So, where's my reward?" said Dioblo with a smirk. After he had watched Anthony all day long, Dioblo was even more attracted to him. After they won, Anthony went to the treatment room to make sure Willette and his Dragon were all right, and also gave his encouragement for Willette's next battle, which eventually made Willette interested in Anthony as well. Of course, it made Dioblo feel insecure. In addition, on their way back to the room, even though so many people praised Anthony, he did not become cocky or avenged their previous mockery, moreover Anthony always gave his appreciation to Dioblo. His honesty and sincerity made Dioblo feel different since as a demon he rarely saw or felt something like this.

"What reward do you want?" said Anthony, blushing. He couldn't deny it and felt that Dioblo deserved it.

Dioblo's face approached Anthony's ear.

"I want you," he whispered.

"Eh?" Anthony made a stupid voice as his heart was pounding wildly.

"But-but ... We are ---"

Before Anthony finished his sentence, Dioblo pulled his head and shifted it in front of Anthony. Dioblo's index finger pressed against Anthony's lips, making him stop his words.

"Shhh! Didn't I tell you I don't mind with it?" whispered Dioblo in a sweet voice.

"Or are you the one who doesn't want it?" he asked straight to the point.

* Thump *

Dioblo's words made Anthony's heart pound even faster. He lowered his head.

"It's not that I don't want it, but I think it's too fast," said Anthony shyly, his face flushed.

"So, you won't give me any reward today?" asked Dioblo in a disappointed tone.

Anthony glanced at Dioblo for a moment, staring at his face. Then, without warning, he bumped his lips onto Dioblo's lips. Dioblo's eyes widened with Anthony's sudden movement. Anthony lowered his head to cover his flushed face in embarrassment after he broke his kiss.

"That's all what I can give you for now..." said Anthony in a stammering voice.

"Does that mean I can get more later?" said Dioblo as he could make his voice. He was surprised by Anthony's boldness since Anthony looked shy earlier.

Anthony nodded and raised his head slowly to look at Dioblo.

"But I hope you can train me and teach me. I don't want to be a weak mage forever."

Dioblo smiled and hugged Anthony tightly, pressing Anthony's body against his on the wall. Dioblo's lips drew closer to Anthony's ear.

"Okay. As long as you 'feed' me well. I don't mind it." Then Dioblo ended his words by licking Anthony's ear.

 

- Fin -

 

Author's Account:

Nanakawaichan (SH).

31