When Springtime Arrives
743 71 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When springtime arrives

by BennyBenteLaGrouw

 

Premise Tags: College/University,

Friendship, Misunderstandings,

Confession, Hurt/Comfort for a Cold.

Content Warnings: n/a.

 

Kyle shivered. Even though it was already spring it was still cold at night. He should have worn more clothes, if only he hadn’t forgotten his coat, but it wasn’t like he could go back there again.

Walking along the street in a dark and cold spring night, Kyle thought about how things ended up like this. He really couldn’t tell, was it all his fault just because he had to run his mouth and confessed to Aaron?

Kyle sighed, he should simply go home and sleep it out, maybe tomorrow Aaron had forgotten about it and the two could go back to being best friends.

The next day Kyle didn’t find out if Aaron had forgotten about it or not, since he could only lie in bed and cure his cold. Inwardly he cursed while sending Troy a message that he couldn’t attend the seminar and that he should take notes for him. Normally he would have send it to Aaron, but after yesterday he really didn’t have the courage to do something like this.

Kyle sighed, put away his phone and curled up in bed. He should sleep and simply forget it all, tomorrow the world would look completely different.

 

✿✿✿

 

“Kyle isn’t here yet.”

Aaron sat in his seat grumpily.

“You don’t know that he called in sick today?” asked Troy surprised as he put down his bag.

Aaron’s brows furrowed in anger. He didn’t know. Normally he was the one who was the closest to Kyle and he would tell him if he couldn’t make it to his lessons.

“How unusual, did something happen?”

“No, nothing. Even if something happened, it’s none of your business.”

“Hm~”

Troy grinned inwardly. Something must have happened since Aaron was even grumpier than usual. Ah, he really wanted to know what it was, he should visit Kyle after classes were over.

 

 

✿✿✿

 

“You look like shit.”

“A nice day to you too. What are you doing here? Cough, cough.”

Kyle stepped aside to let Troy in. Even if he didn’t know why he was here he didn’t have to let him stay outside, that guy would ring his doorbell until the neighbors got angry enough to call the police. It wouldn’t be the first time.

“Since you couldn’t make it I’m generous enough to visit you, to bring you your notes.”

“That’s so nice of you, and do you plan on telling me why you are really here?”

“Of course it’s because of Aaron. You have to tell me what happened between you two. He was even grumpier than usual today.”

Kyle’s face crunched up. He really didn’t want to talk about it.

“Didn’t you two go drinking yesterday?”

“No, we didn’t meet yesterday. Didn’t you say a few days ago that you have a date today? You should hurry up or you will be late.”

Troy pouted, he knew that those two had met yesterday. Even if he was a bit late to his date, he wanted to know what happened.

“You don’t have to worry about me, just tell me what happened, maybe I can help. Ah, hey, what are you doing?”

Kyle simply ignored Troy and shoved him back to the door. He would never tell him what happened. Without waiting for Troy to react, Kyle opened the door and pushed him out.

“I will come back to school when I’m alright, until then you don’t have to visit me again. Please go away!”

BAMM.

The door was closed right in front of Troy’s face and he could only say that he was lucky and didn’t try to put his foot in between the door and the door frame, that would have hurt.

Troy sighed, he couldn’t do anything about it when the two of them didn’t want to talk about it. As he turned around he bumped into a tall wall, that one wasn’t there when he went in.

“What are you doing here, don’t you have a date?”

Aaron wasn’t happy to see Troy here, he should be the only one to visit Kyle if he was sick.

“I came to give Kyle his notes. Did you come to make up with him?”

“There is nothing to make up since we didn’t fight in the first place.”

“If you say that. I really have to go, my boyfriend won’t wait for eternity for me to come to him.”

Troy smiled slyly before he walked around Aaron and happily skipping away.

“Yes, it’s best if you go. Wait, what boyfriend, since when have you been gay?”

But Troy was already gone. Aaron scratched his head. Though Troy was a good friend, he simply loved making one speechless sometimes. Aaron decided to ignore Troy, since it had nothing to do with him if he was gay or not, and knocked onto the door.

“I told you to go away!”

Kyle’s voice came muffled trough the door, with a hint of hoarseness. Aaron wrinkled his brows, was he crying?

“It’s me.”

After a moment of silence, the door opened.

“What are you doing here?”

“You forgot your coat, and I want to talk about yesterday.”

“T-there is nothing to talk about, you made yourself clear. Go home!”

Just as Kyle wanted to close his door Aaron put his hand on the door and pushed it open. Hanging the coat on the rag he didn’t give Kyle any time to prepare, he simply strode into the room and sat down.

“Even if you don’t want to talk to me, I won’t go until we clarified whatever it is you misunderstood.”

“Cough, there is nothing to clarify, you were pretty clear about it. Cough.”

“You are my best friend and I don’t want to lose you, so tell me what made you so angry.”

“Best friends, cough cough, I don’t want to be your friend, cough, I told you yesterday that I’m in love with you. I want you to be my boyfriend, cough cough cough….”

Kyle toppled over because of his coughing, he felt like he couldn’t breath. Aaron was shocked, he took him into his arms and patted his back.

“Are you alright?”

After he stopped coughing, Kyle nodded his head.

“When did you tell me that you love me?”

“I said it yesterday.”

“No, you didn’t.”

“Of course I did, are you saying that I’m lying?”

“You told me that I’m important to you, and I told you that it is only natural that you feel like this because we are friends. And then you just ran away.”

“Why would I say something like this if it wasn’t to tell you that I love you. Can’t you read between the lines?”

“If you had told me that you love me then I would have told you the same.”

Kyle’s eyes widened as he starred at Aaron. Aaron simply smiled at him before he lowered his head and their lips meet.

 

End.

 

 

Author's Account:

BennyBenteLaGrouw (SH).

23