Spider Lilies
327 11 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Spider Lilies

by Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

 

Premise Tags: Hurt/Comfort,

Blackmail, Assassin, College Romance,

Meeting the Family, Breakups, Support,

Misunderstandings, Family Affairs.

Content Warnings: homophobia toward

Main Characters, explicit smut,

violence, torture, murder.

 

 

‘Tick Tock’ 

 

The clock’s longer hand moved loudly in the silent night and the man’s eyes followed. He counted sheep, drank milk, ran up and down the stairs and also tried knocking himself out yet the man couldn’t sleep. A large sweatshirt hung on his shoulders and a cigarette between his lips. He smoked while laying on the bed, his body yearning for ‘his’ touch but in an impulsive moment he turned his back on him, and now their relationship dissolved into being just ‘friends’

 

He tried, he tried hard but failed to find another. Everyday the eyebags grew deeper yet the person who caused all of his pain smiled happily each day while flirting with men and women. The want, desire and yearning devoured his other senses and everyday Lilius felt like he was going mad. They were Crazy in Love together yet some people had to fucking poke their noses into their private lives, rendering the support they got from others into dust.  

 

Lilius made the decision to break up for him and now he regrets it. He probably played right into that crooked family’s hands though would anyone believe him if he said he had no other choice? Traps were placed everywhere he went and that single incident left him feeling inferior, insecure and most of all terrified of that family and of himself.  

 

With one hand creeping down his boxers, the other went up to his nipples, twisting and pinching them as he imagined his lover lightly caressing them with his teeth. A small moan escaped from his mouth as he slipped off his boxers and ran his fingers up and down his leaking shaft. But it wasn’t enough, nothing was. He groaned in frustration as he turned onto his knees. He buried his face deep inside the covers and using his precum as lube he put one finger inside his tight passage. He thrusted the digit in and out and barely hit his prostate. He groaned and added another one, stretching himself however much he could. Yet it wasn’t enough. 

 

A choked sob escaped from his mouth once he finished. An empty feeling welled up in his heart and he cried, his tears staining the pillow. He cried and cried until he finally fell into shallow sleep. 

The sunlight peeked inside the thrashed room and casted it’s golden rays onto the sleeping youth. His dyed blonde hair which were brown at the roots seemed to be fading and tear trails could be seen on his cheeks. His activities of the previous night still stained his thighs and soiled boxers as unlike before, there was no one to give him aftercare. A burned out cigarette lay beside the sleeping boy and seemed to be on the verge of falling. It tittered on the edge before finally slipping off. 

 

Once the burned out cigarette hit the floor, the shrill sound of a cheerful melody  penetrated the thin walls of Lilius’ bedroom. The alarm clock shook with joy upon tormenting the sleeping youth who thrashed and tried covering his ears with a pillow which was useless. He whined as he blearily got up and taking his alarm clock, he opened the window and threw it outside. 

 

The red clock made a beautiful arc in the air before hitting the pavement with enough force to shatter it. Lilius smiled in victory and planned to head back to bed but just before he could enter the covers, a ‘ding dong’ sound echoed in the small apartment he rented. 

 

“Fuck!” He cursed as he took the wooden bat he placed beside his bed for security and with hard, angry steps, made his way to the door. He opened the dense intricate of locks he placed after the incident and once he finally unlocked the last one, he opened the door with one hand and held the bat with the other, ready to bash the person interrupting his sleep which he barely got these days. 

 

His hand froze though once he saw the person outside. With one hand stretched out, ready to catch the falling bat and the other holding a deadly pepper spray, Li Na stood in a defensive stance ready to completely blind Lilius if he dared to swing his bat. They stood and stared at each other for a moment before taking back their weapons at the same time. Li Na placed her pepper spray back inside her bag which was stuffed with many objects and Lilius placed his bat leaning on the wall. 

 

“Hey Boo. How’re you feeling?” Li Na said in a soft voice as if she was afraid that if she spoke any louder, Lilius would run away. Tears pricked Lilius’ eyes as he looked away.

 

“I feel horrible.” 

 

His hair was sticking out, his eyes red and puffy and suspicious trails of liquid flowed down his legs. A foul odour penetrated Li Na’s senses once the door opened but she didn’t feel repulsive or anything just...sadness and guilt. Sad for not being able to help her best friend and guilt for not being there for her best friend. She knew how much Lilius loved Markus and how much Markus loved Lilius. They showed it everyday at college with matching clothes and sneaky hugs and kisses which made everyone grit their teeth from the sweetness. Li Na who had been in the frontline with all this PDA felt like she was going to get diabetes. 

Everything changed the week when both Lilius and Markus disappeared. Li Na almost fainted the third day when she couldn’t find them anywhere and finally went to the police. The Arts department which Markus, Li Na and Lilius were from, also missed the couple as although their PDA was seriously annoying it was also weirdly mood lifting. Everyday after classes ended, they’d form small search teams and go around town to search for clues on their whereabouts. It was only when 1 week had passed that Li Na and the department finally caught a glimpse of the couple. 

 

They walked separately, a huge distance between them. People crowded them with teary eyes and demanded for explanations which Markus answered with lies. His last words shook everyone to the core and no one could focus on classes after that. With a short laugh he said, “Lilius and I broke up.” 

 

That day the Arts department of Excellence and Virtue University was rumoured to have summoned zombies. 

 

Li Na approached Lilius who refrained from answering questions and she noticed he was applying a heavy layer of concealer on his face. She didn’t know what to say to him as he slowly grew introverted and closed off while Markus walked off with girls and guys from different departments almost every day. It continued this way till 3 weeks later, Lilius stopped coming to college. 

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Li Na entered the messy apartment. She took a glance at Lilius’ disheveled appearance and pushed him to take a bath, threatening that if he didn’t she would give him one. It was only when Li Na heard the sound of the shower did she stop standing guard in front of the bathroom door. She cleaned up the kitchen first and threw away all the empty packets of biscuits and cup noodles. She opened the refrigerator only to find bottles of water and a tub of half finished ice cream. She sighed and took out the groceries she bought out of her bag and arranged them neatly inside.

 

Then she took out a pan and started making simple dishes which consisted of stir-fried rice and scrambled eggs. The pleasant breeze of spring entered the kitchen from the open windows and slightly disturbed the gas flame. A couple of potted plants which were supposed to be in full bloom this season were shriveled up and on the verge of dying. Li Na gave them the required amount of water and plated the dishes she made. She sat on one of the kitchen chairs and rested her head on the table top as she waited for Lilius. 

The fog in the mirror was wiped away with a pale hand, reflecting the downcasted brown haired youth. Lilius turned left and right, checking himself out with his natural hair and sighed at the face shown in the mirror. ‘Ugly’ he whispered as he stared deep into his own dull brown eyes. He turned away from the mirror and took the bathrobe hanging off the rack before walking out of the steamy bathroom. 

 

He first caught a whiff of the delicious smell of rice and scrambled eggs and hurriedly went to his bedroom to wear his clothes. His stomach grumbled as he painstakingly tried to find clean clothes. He finally got a pair of strawberry boxers bought by Li Na, a faded sweatshirt which belonged to Markus and a pair of loose sweatpants. He walked out his bedroom with a fluffy white towel on his head and immediately made a beeline to the kitchen. 

 

Li Na gasped on seeing him. “Y-You what happened to your hair? Where’s my chunibyo delinquent!? 

 

Lilius rolled his eyes as he sat down and devoured the food laid before him. Li Na chuckled as she handed him a glance of water once he started to choke. She waited until he was done and took away his plates and placed them on the sink. She sat down and looked at him. Lilius sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair and supported his chin with his palm. 

 

“I left him.” Lilius said as he sighed. Li Na took out two medium sized oreo Starbucks shakes and handed one to Lilius while she drank the other. 

 

Taking a sip, he continued, “I didn’t know what I was fucking doing. I told myself that it was for him, for his own good but I regret it so much. I mean everyone practically knows we’re dating, they support us so why the fuck did I feel pressured by two old pieces of shits!?” 

 

Li Na moved the straw around the thick liquid and kept quiet, unsure of what to say. 

 

“And he doesn’t even know! The nightmares I go through, the insecurities I feel, the fear at the thought of my door breaking down like that day...And that piece of lovable shit goes out to flirt and maybe fucks every male and female that comes his way!” 

 

Her ears pricked up at his words. Li Na always wondered why Lilius strengthened his security system to the extreme and was always tense and rigid whenever someone went to his house. He blames it on lack of sleep but lack of sleep doesn’t make someone almost kill their best friend. Li Na learned it the hard way, turning a blind eye to her classmates' warnings. She went to Lilius’ apartment barehanded. She knocked on the door and the first thing that greeted her was a wooden bat nearly crushing her face and a tensed Lilius. They had stared at each other with wide eyes and Lilius turned back and slammed the door shut in front of Li Na. Fear crippled her senses and all she could do was sit down on the cold hard ground and try to calm herself down. 

 

“And I, I don’t even know what to do with my life anymore. I’m just so...tired.” 

 

Lilius lay his head on the cold tabletop. Tears pooled in his eyes and he found it impossible to stop them from flowing out. Li Na got up from her seat and hugged Lilius who shifted his position and buried his face on her shoulder. He cried silently, his tears staining her shirt as she ran her hands soothingly up and down his back. 

 

They stayed that way for some time, even after Lilius finished venting his emotions. He felt relaxed in her embrace and her touch was soothing. Li Na hummed a small lullaby as she let Lilius lean on her shoulders. A soft snore made her stop and she looked down. Her shoulder was stained with tears and a head full of brown locks slept peacefully. She sighed, “Oh my darling…”

 

She caressed his half-dried hair and with one hand on his back, she lifted him up and placed the other beneath his behind. ‘He’s grown thinner,’ she thought as she carried him to his room. She stared at the dirty room, clothes thrown here and there, the curtains closed and the messy bed filled with Markus’ clothes. 

 

She frowned and took a pillow and a thin blanket from his closet and carried Lilius to the living room. Placing him on the sofa, she covered him with the blanket and tucked him in. She took one of Markus’ sweatshirts and placed it next to him which Lilius immediately buried his face into. She shook her head as she muttered, “This pair of lovebirds, I swear…” 

 

She looked at the setting sun and cleaned up a little around the apartment but didn’t touch Lilius’ bedroom. She wasn’t sure if he wouldn’t mind her invading his private space. Li Na took a last glance at Lilius’ sleeping face and patted his hair twice before standing up and leaving the apartment. She stood outside and leaned against the railing as she took out her phone. She opened her contacts and pressed the first number she saw. 

 

“He’s asleep…” 

 

“No...of course not.” 

 

“You’re here? Good. I’m leaving him in your hands. Take care of him or I will cut your dick off.” 

 

Li Na put her phone back in her bag and looked at the approaching figure. Cladded in black, the figure looked like an enchanting demon with hazel green eyes, a straight nose and thin lips.  Li Na walked forward and patted his shoulder and whispered, “Please...take care of him.” 

 

The man looked at Li Na’s retreating figure and slightly nodded. Markus hesitated on opening the door. He didn’t know what would happen once he entered. Would Lilius shut him out or would he finally talk to him? Marcus took a deep breath and entered inside the apartment, his nerves tensed. 

 

It was dark and a faint unpleasant odour still lingered inside. Markus turned on the softer lights, something he always did in order to not disturb his tired lover. His heart skipped a beat when he saw Lilius asleep on the sofa, his hands tightly hugging Markus’ sweatshirt. Markus knelt down on his knees and caressed Lilius’ face. His chest felt painful constricted once he saw his eyebags and puffy eyes. 

 

He looked at his lover who one-sidedly broke up with him with no rhyme or reason with indulgent eyes. He placed a deep kiss on Lilius’ forehead and got up and walked to the kitchen. He planned to make something for Lilius to eat and checked the fridge for ingredients. He sent a silent thank you to Li Na and decided to make honey-soy glazed pork, stir fry vegetables, tofu soup and white rice. Before he started on cooking, he made his way to Lilius’ room, planning to clean it up a bit so that Lilius could sleep more comfortably. 

 

He didn’t bat an eye to the messy and strewn around clothes. He went straight to the bed and was about to change the sheets when he saw the peculiar stains on it. His eyes grew hooded as pleasant memories entered his mind, most of them having Lilius pressed down on the bed or on his knees. He bit his lips as he tried to focus on something else or he would’ve sprung up a boner then and there.  

 

Markus looked at his clothes which occupied half of the bed and couldn’t help but smile uncontrollably. ‘I don’t love you anymore,’ he said; ‘I hate the way you smell,’ he said. How blinded by rage and hurt Markus was, that he didn’t even see past his lover’s blatant lies. He sighed as he placed the new sheets on the bed. After making the bed, he took all the dirty clothes and dumped them inside the laundry basket in the bathroom. He wanted to wash them in the washing machine but stopped as the sound could wake up Lilius. 

 

He then carefully carried Lilius who shifted in Markus’s embrace and buried himself in his chest. When Markus placed Lilius onto his bed, he had to use an enormous amount of willpower to separate those little hands tightly holding onto his shirt. All he wanted to do was dive into the covers and cuddle with Lilius but refrained as he doubted he would be able to just ‘cuddle’. He headed back to the kitchen and started cooking, trying his best to make absolutely no noise. 

The delicious smell of food roused Lilius from his sleep. His mouth watered as he blearily woke up. He felt good and refreshed. He looked around at his clean room and his eyes widened in surprise. He put on the sweatshirt beside him, and stood up planning to help Li Na with the cooking. 

 

“Li Na-” He called out when he reached the kitchen but he couldn’t finish his words as his whole body froze upon seeing the person standing inside. It certainly wasn’t a woman and certainly wasn’t Li Na. His body moved by itself and before he knew it he was flying, straight into Markus’ arms. ‘Please don’t let it be an illusion. Please don’t let it be an illusion..please…’ 

 

A pair of hands immediately engulfed him in their embrace. He could feel the warmth radiating from Markus’ body. It felt all too familiar that Lilius immediately broke into tears. It wasn’t an illusion, it wasn’t his mind messing with him, the hazy phantom breaking only when he collided with the cold hard floor. 

 

“Baby, I’m here. I’m here.” Markus stroked Lilius’ back as he let him cry his heart out. It felt like daggers were being pushed forcibly inside Markus’ chest as each tear drop hit his shoulder. His eyes were red as he soothed Lilius. The pair hugged each other tight, as if afraid in the next second one of them would just disappear.  

 

Lilius’ sobs soon grew quiet as the full horror of what he did settled in. His legs were wrapped tightly around Markus’ waist, his arms resting on his neck. Lilius’ head was on Markus’ tear stained shoulder while Markus had one hand running up and down Lilius’ back and the other firmly supported Lilius’ behind. 

 

He froze, unsure of what he should do. His tears stopped yet he couldn’t bring himself to push Markus away. He had gotten a taste of how it felt to be with someone, to fall in love, to wake up every morning and see his lover’s beautiful face and he was afraid of going back to being alone, of seeing an empty space beside him. But could he risk their lives for this happiness?

 

“Don’t move.” Lilius froze on hearing Markus’ voice and unconsciously buried himself deeper inside his embrace. He sighed as unpleasant thoughts rammed his head. He wished time would stop and stay forever at this moment but time and tide waits for no one, and the haunting sound of the clock hands moving was enough to shatter his dream. 

 

“Baby, I really want to talk but I think we should get some food inside that tummy of yours first, alright?” As if on cue, Lilius’ stomach grumbled and he blushed. Markus chuckled as he patted his lover’s hair and settled him down on the kitchen stool and stood up not before giving him a gentle kiss on the forehead. Markus plated the dishes he cooked and placed the steaming food in front of Lilius. He sat next to him with a plate of his own.

Lilius pushed his food right and left. Even though the smell was very much appetizing and heavenly, he still couldn’t bring himself to eat. The sinking feeling in his heart grew more and more uncomfortable. His throat grew dry and he found it hard to breathe. He turned to gaze at Markus, who had been looking at him this whole time. Lilius’ words grew stuck in his throat, unable to push themselves out upon seeing those hazel eyes staring deep inside his soul. 

 

“I think you should leave-” A harsh kiss blocked out his impulsive words. Lilius’ eyes widened as his lips touched something soft. Markus’ hand snaked back to Lilius' head and pushed him deeper into the kiss. Lilius was confused, he wanted to push him away yet he also yearned for his lover’s touch. ‘Lover…’

 

He still couldn’t bring himself to put Marcus into the ‘ex-boyfriend’ category. He knew that it would be easier to move on if he did but he was also immensely scared that if he did, their whole relationship would just become a memory. 

 

Their lips moved in sync as Lilius placed his palm on Markus’ chest, unsure of whether he wanted to push him away or pull him closer. Their breaths mingled together as they separated with flushed cheeks and briefly satiated hearts. Markus stroked his lover's cheek while Lilius basked in his touch. They moved closer to each other till their noses touched.

 

"Baby, I really want you to tell me what happened that week we went to my parents' villa."

 

Lilius shuddered as he slightly shook his head. He didn't want to say anything, he couldn’t. Markus’ parents weren’t supportive of the Lgbt+ community and upon seeing their son planning to spend his whole life with another man, they obviously couldn't sit still and watch. Worst of all, that ‘man’ wasn’t of the elite class, he was just a commoner who strived to get by every day in life. 

 

But Lilius couldn’t let Markus off without any explanation. Maybe he could just make something up and mix 2 truths with 1 lie. He took a deep breath and internally nodded to himself. 

 

"Let's move to my bedroom, please?"

 

Markus slightly nodded and gave his lover a kiss on the forehead as he lifted him up in a princess carry. With one free hand, he covered the food with a food cover and carried his lover to the bedroom with the other. Lilius blushed in Markus' hold but didn't protest. He would bask in this affection however long he could. Once his back reached the soft mattress and the silky pillows, he became stiff as Markus sat on the edge of the bed. 

 

"Did you clean my room?" He softly asked. Markus silently nodded with a smile and looked at Lilius with patient eyes. Lilius swallowed thickly as he ignored his gaze. After a few minutes of silence, Lilius couldn't bring himself to speak or look at Markus. His lover made no move to push or force him to open up and that made Lilius feel an unexpected sense of guilt. ‘Come on Lilius, Two truths and a lie! It shouldn’t be so hard!’

 

"Babe, can I do something? It might make you a little more comfortable but you can say no if you don't like it, okay?"

 

Markus’ voice made Lilius flinch and he nodded with his head down. He could hear Markus shifting and felt the bed dip; Markus was now beside him. He settled himself onto the silky pillows as he carried and placed Lilius between his legs and let the white fluffy blanket cover them up till their chests. The only lights turned on were the bedside lamps. Their yellow glow casted a creamy shade onto the white blanket. Lilius gave out a puff of breath as he settled himself onto his lover's chest.

 

He felt much better this way as he didn’t have to look at Markus as he spoke.  Lilius unconsciously held and played with Markus’ fingers, he felt like he was going to melt as warmth surrounded him. Lilius’ eyelids fluttered as he took a deep breath. The knot around his throat seemed to have loosened a little as he began speaking.

 

"That day, 16th of March. It was a weekend when you suddenly told me that your parents wanted to meet me. I was scared, nervous and excited at the same time. I remember holding your hand like we were in kindergarten, walking in groups of two or three to use the bathroom. I had a bad feeling in my gut once we arrived inside the gates of your parent's villa. My senses just screamed at me but once I saw your smiling face I couldn't bring myself to say anything." ‘Two truths and a lie…’

 

Lilius' voice was soft and low. A few tears rolled down his cheeks as he put his full body weight onto Markus' chest. He closed his eyes as images of that day flashed in his mind. His hands tightly clasped Markus’ fingers as he continued.

 

"When we entered inside, I was in full awe of the high ceilings, the porcelain vases and especially the row of servants bowing as a form of welcoming us-you. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest but your hand tangled with mine was the only thing that kept me going. When we reached the living room, stares just stuck to my body like glue.They assessed me like I was some specimen or something." ‘Two truths and a lie…’

 

‘I felt scrutinized and insecure under their gaze. At that moment, I wanted to run away. Their lips were pulled into such..such plastic smiles and clear displeasure could be seen on their faces. But...you went forward and greeted them with a happy smile and hugged them and I...didn't want to ruin that for you. You seemed happy to meet them and although their gazes gave me goosebumps I still kept my mouth shut and told myself to bear with it."

 

Markus stroked Lilius's head and gave him encouraging shoulder kisses. Rage swelled in his heart but he pushed it down as he pulled Lilius closer to him as if Lilius was the only thing that stopped him from spiraling out of control.

 

"I mean I was preparing myself to meet your parents but a huge crowd of relatives first appeared at the front line and all that preparation went down the drain. And then...the big guns come out. Your parents made a fashionably late arrival after minutes, it felt like years to me, of spending time and awkwardly conversing with your relatives. Your mom...the way she stared at me like I was some vermin or scum and the first thing she did on seeing me was shake her head! And...ugh! I-I can’t do this! I don’t want to tell you all this because they're your parents for God's sake! I didn't want to be the one to break your relationship! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Markus...I just can’t. Please..." ‘Two truths…’

 

Lilius turned back and cried in Markus' arms. He felt so...conflicted. He didn't want to ruin Markus' relationship with his parents but he also couldn't help but want to shout out all the things that happened. He knew that it was better to stop now or he would truly do something that he would regret. 

 

"Markus...I...I don't want to be the one who ruins your relationship with your parents. Mine was ruined a long time ago by some worthless excuses and I don't want to be the one to ruin yours."

 

Markus sighed as he looked at his lover. Lilius was too kind-hearted for his own good and although it was a trait that defined Lilius (even though he would get smacked if Markus ever mentioned it) he was always afraid that someone, one way or another would take advantage of his precious lover.

 

"Baby, you know all children deserve parents but not all parents deserve to be a 'parent'. Your parents married out of love and because of miscommunication and an unexpected argument, they fell out of love and separated. That must have hurt you so much and that's why you hesitated on telling me all this. Because you think that a bond between parents and their children is so special, it is but...I can't say it was for me. My parents, they married all because they both benefited from the marriage. They were both of high social standing and were misers. They loved money more than their own child. My mom...she couldn't have any more children after me so she started placing all these unattainable hopes onto me. I felt like dying with all the expectations they had for me. I never saw them as parents, I saw them as spawns of the devil."

 

They both looked at each other with teary eyes as Lilius whispered, ‘I’m sorry.’ He didn’t know what he was apologizing for but he just couldn’t stop those words from leaving his mouth. Markus shook his head as he gave Lilius feather kisses on his lips and cheeks. 

"No Baby, you don’t have to apologize. Just...listen to me clearly when I say this Lilius. You are my first love, my hope and my light. You matter to me so much, a thousand and a hundred times more than the little, almost nonexistent affection I hold for those two people I call parents. I would kill for you, I would die for you and never ever put yourself lower than those people. I planned to tell you all this after I told my parents about you. Inwardly, I still wanted them to accept us but after seeing their reactions upon just glancing at you, I was like ‘Fuck No’, I ain’t doing this shit. I was going to leave right there and then but I held back since my other relatives were there. Their people who love gossip and would easily spread rumours without even confirming them with their own two eyes.  Now please my baby, I beg of you to tell me what really happened. You are such a strong and beautiful person, I doubt that would’ve affected you this much."

 

Lilius chuckled as Markus kissed away his tears. “You know me so well. At that moment all I wanted to do was shove their words up their asses. I held back for you. I didn’t want to let them smear black paint all over your reputation. Though I did feel really uncomfortable and kinda sad once I saw your mom and dad look at me that way. And I started having second thoughts about our relationship...I refrained from asking you about your parents because...uh...this is embarrassing. Well, I was really scared when I heard that your parents were part of the ‘elite’ class and I started creating all these scenarios where I would have to leave you with an envelope of money on my hands or a scenario where if your parents didn’t really like me, then you would leave me because of that…” 

 

Markus couldn’t help but pinch his lover’s cheeks. His own cheeks were puffed out like a hamster’s as he stretched and ruthlessly pinched his lover. 

 

“Ow, Ouch, wait! Let me finish!”  Markus reluctantly dropped his hands down as Lilius snaked his hands around Markus’ waist. He put his head on the warm chest and silently whispered, “Don’t get mad, okay? I...I won’t be able to tell everything in detail cause I...I just want to get it over with it, okay?” Markus nodded as he whispered, “It’s alright baby.”

 

“After we met with your parents, and they finally let us go after throwing all those immature and assessing questions...we had to stay there for two more days. You were so busy attending to their needs and I felt really lonely. On the night before we were supposed to be heading back home, I went out to search for you because you were really late. I didn’t want to wander far so I was just going to go till your parent’s office and then come back. Suddenly, this maid just appears in front of me with a weird smile and asks me, ‘Mr Butcher is waiting for you, aren’t you going?’ I wondered if she got the wrong person and laughed while I told her ‘no’ as I backed away.” 

 

“I planned to head back to our room since everything felt...creepy you know? But who knew for what reason, she grabbed my shoulder and dragged me to some corridor opposite from the one our room was in.” 

 

Markus’ breathing became shaky as he caged Lilius with his body. He could clearly imagine the scene and felt restless just thinking about it. He rubbed Lilius’ back up and down, encouraging him to go on. 

 

“I...was fucking scared. My mind froze for a moment when she pushed me in front of this one white door. The music was deafening in that room and this...smell penetrated my nose and that smell was very familiar because, uh...you know it’s um..always there when we...do the...that. But it was really strong and almost pungent in that room. The maid pulled the handle of that room and just before it opened, I pushed her away and ran. I ran faster than the time I got chased by a dog, I was terrified at that point. When I reached our room, I locked the door and hid under the bed. Which resulted in you breaking down the door and sleeping with me below the bed cause I was too scared to come out.”

 

“Your parents threatened me before we left and...I paid them no heed. They did the cliche ‘take this money and leave my son’ but I didn’t even spare them a glance. It wasn’t until I was alone in my apartment that day and the door just came crashing down did I finally realise the truth in their words, ‘You’ll regret it.’ These two men cladded in black clothes drugged me and took me somewhere. I...I woke up in this basement, all tied up and there...you were...in front of me with someone holding a knife to your neck.” 

 

Lilius felt his mouth closing up as clear memories of that day rushed through his brain. He held onto Markus as if he was his only life line as salty tears drenched his cheeks. 

 

“This guy who was holding the knife tells me that he was ‘Mr Butcher’ and he was called that because he was a pro in cutting ‘meat.’ He threatened me to leave you or he would cut you up and my mind went to auto pilot mode at that moment. His blade went deeper and deeper into your skin and then...I swear I could see you bleeding. I remember screaming and agreeing to his conditions a thousand times before he finally let you go. Some other person wearing a black mask came forward and took you away while that man said he would follow me and make sure I do my job or he would hurt Li Na too. I don’t know how the fuck he heard about Li Na but all I could do was just nod.” 

 

“They took me out of my restraints and sent me back home. I wondered why nobody in my apartment complex came to see the whole commotion and it turns out that every single one of them, children to elders were all fucking drugged with sleeping pills. I...I was never so damn terrified in my entire life. I rember puking and crying after that and when the sun came out, I wanted to kill myself. It was a fleeting thought but I felt like everything was going wrong because of me. That I was the cause of all this. And when I saw that bandage on your neck when we met, I knew I had to break up with you. I had to leave you even though it felt like my own heart was being ripped out of my chest when I spoke those words.” 

 

Lilius cried onto Markus’ chest as he finished. He could feel the fear pulsing through his veins and his mind screamed at him to push Markus away but his heart and body couldn’t obey. He loved him, he loved him so much. Markus stroked and comforted Lilius until he was lulled to sleep. The crying and reencounting of what happened exhausted Lilius much more than a 5km run. 

 

Markus kissed Lilius’ lips and tucked him in bed as he switched off the bedside lamps. He cuddled with his lover, giving him strokes and kisses now and then as he watched Lilius’ sleeping face. He would rather spend time with his lover than shedding blood all over...again. 

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Lilius felt like he was moving. Even though his eyes were closed, he could feel his body move up and down and something cushioning his fall, something hard yet soft. 

 

A light breeze ruffled his brown locks as his eyelids fluttered open. Before he could do anything else, a yawn immediately broke through his mouth and his hands unconsciously stretched up. A deep chuckled vibrated next to him and he turned to look at his lover with an unimpressed expression. 

 

“So...mind telling me where we’re going and why you didn’t wake me up or are you going to keep acting like a creepy serial killer?” 

 

The road was surrounded with grasslands far and wide, and the sleek black car seemed to be the only thing moving in that area. Markus had a small smile playing on his lips on hearing Lilius’ words. It seemed like a pretty good play and he would just have to get Lilius’ consent. 

 

“Well...don’t panic but my parents begged, keyword-begged, me to bring you to the villa.” 

 

Silence...

 

“EXCUSE ME, WHAT THE FUCK!?”  Markus jumped on hearing Lilius’ loud voice and slammed the brakes. He parked the car onto the side and turned to Lilius who had a flabbergasted expression. 

 

“They want to meet me!? After all they did and why, you-” 

 

Markus leaned forward and shut Lilius’ rampaging mouth with a kiss. “Better now?” He said as Lilius dumbly nodded then after a second shook his head. Markus gave him another kiss, this time deeper and longer before pulling back. 

 

“I know that you don’t want to go back there ever again and neither do I. Frankly. I would rather strangle them than say ‘hi’ to them right now. But...my mom kept on begging me and I have been getting calls after calls each day. And...they got a hold of your number yesterday. Also, baby I hope you won’t get mad but I wanted an explanation from them about why they went through such lengths to separate us. I planned to head over there alone but I didn’t want to leave you alone in the apartment after everything you told me yesterday. Baby, trust me please? I promise to heaven and hell that I won’t let anything happen to you. But, if you don’t want to do it or can’t, I’ll head back now.” 

 

“You should have asked me that before you brought me halfway dumbass!” Lilius huffed as he folded his arms and turned away. Markus gave him a gentle smile as he enveloped Lilius in a bear hug. 

 

“Let’s just get this shit over with. You better give me a reward or something after this otherwise I’ll be the top from now on.” Lilius puffed his cheeks and didn’t turn back to look at his lover. Markus knew his actions would anger Lilius and he (Lilius) would have no choice but to continue forward. He internally sighed as he gave a quick kiss to Lilius’ cheek and continued driving. 

 

The silence between them continued until the familiar villa could be seen. Lilius unconsciously tensed and his frown deepened. The majestic gates were opened by two familiar guards who tipped their hats upon seeing them. Once the car stopped and they reached at the front staircase leading to the entrance, Markus gave out a long sigh. 

 

“Baby…” 

 

“No don’t you ‘baby’ me mister! I don’t understand why we even needed to come here. And after all I said?” Markus licked his lips, successfully distracting Lilius for a second. 

 

“I know baby, and I’m sorry. Just please I promise you won’t regret this.” Lilius didn’t believe a word he said. He doubted that Markus was planning something with his parents but he also just couldn’t understand why his lover had to bring him here. 

 

“Fine.” Lilius stepped out of the car and closed the door roughly. Markus immediately got up and threw the keys to the valet and rushed to catch up to Lilius who was already ascending the stairs. He joined their hands and slightly smiled on seeing Lilius not pushing him away. Markus took the lead and entered the luxurious villa first. Lilius' breath hitched once he stepped inside. Everything was the same, the porcelain vases, the high ceilings and the row of servants bowing down in greeting. Though what Lilius didn’t notice was the shivering form of these servants.

 

Markus ignored them all and went straight to the living room. Two figures could be seen sitting on the silky couch, dressed in lavish formal clothing. Markus’ mother, Mrs Welson had her face caked with makeup and foundation, making her look ghostly with her powdered white face. Mr Welson seemed to have lost hair in these past few days as bald spots could be seen on his head. 

 

A squeezed out, fake smile coated their lips when they saw the pair entering. They both stood up and fidgeted in their positions as their son and his lover stood before them. Markus took a deep breath upon seeing his parents and he had to dig his nails into his flesh to calm himself. 

 

“Don’t you have anything to say dear mother, father?” He gritted out. Mr and Mrs Welson flinched on hearing their son’s tone and stuttered. 

 

“M-My son, how about you take a seat? I-I’ll ask the maid to bring you some tea-” 

 

“No. Say what you have to say or we’re leaving.”  Markus glared at his father which made him immediately shut his mouth. Mr and Mrs Welson glanced at each other, pushing the responsibility onto one another with their eyes. Finally after a minute, Mrs Welson huffed and discreetly flipped the finger to her husband as she started talking. 

 

“Markus, Lilius I believe we owe you an apology. We are truly sorry for our immature actions. As parents we believed that our child should marry into a good family, a woman who can give him children and continue on the bloodline. That day when we asked Mr Butcher to sort of intimidate you, we didn’t expect that he would kidnap you and also drug our own son to complete his plan. He and that maid are...gone now and I know that you might never ever forgive us but please know that we won’t come in between your relationship anymore.” 

 

“That sounds like bullshit.” Lilius scowled at them as tears clouded his eyes. “You can’t just ask for forgiveness and try to shift all the blame onto someone else’s shoulders. And I highly doubt the fact that you’d be able to stay put and try to understand that your son loves a man! Why the fuck do we have to go through this shit just because we are two males with dicks instead of a vagina who fucking love each other!”

 

“Lilius we-” 

 

“Mother I think that’s enough. I just hope you will remember whatever you said. You’ve lost your son and if you ever go back on your words, you will lose your lives. I’ve had enough of putting up with both of you and your relatives. We’re leaving.” Markus shielded Lilius’ quivering body as he clasped their hands together. He glanced at his pale parents and gave them a small smirk as he pulled Lilius away. They rushed through the halls, servants nowhere to be seen.   

 

When they reached outside, Lilius tugged on Markus’ sleeve and stopped moving. Markus turned back and looked at his lover with questioning eyes. Lilius looked at him with teary eyes as he stepped forward and gave Markus a tight hug. 

 

“Thank you. I actually feel a lot better now,” He whispered into his lover’s ear. Markus smiled as he stroked Lilius’ head. “Anything for you, love. Let's go back home now okay? Everything’s going to be alright.”

 

Lilius nodded and they walked down the marble staircase stuck together like glue. A gentle fragrance tickled Lilius’ nose and he looked sideways to see a lush blossom of red covering his vision. Beautiful spider lilies were growing on one side of the front yard, cluttered together and swaying with the wind. Their deep red colour was a kin to that of freshly splattered blood and Lilius was entranced. 

 

Markus looked at his distracted lover and lightly smiled at the flowers. It was hilarious how the ‘butcher’ became the ‘butchered’ one instead. 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

The door of the apartment was slammed shut as Lilius was pressed against the cold hard metal. His back was arched as he leaned into his lover’s passionate kiss. Their tongues battled sensually as their hands fought to rip apart each other's clothing.  Lilius moaned when his shirt was thrown off and Markus’ hands explored his chest, ruthlessly pinching and teasing his nipples. His lover took this as a chance to delve his tongue deeper into his mouth. Saliva dribbled down their chin and it was only when they were both fully out of air supply did they finally separate. 

 

“W-Wait Markus, shouldn’t we take things slow-”  Lilius moaned as Markus’ mouth took in his right nipple. He rolled his tongue around it and lightly pulled it with his teeth. 

 

“Baby, we missed angry sex. You can’t say no to make-up sex right?” 

 

Lilius laughed as he pulled Lilius closer, “You horn dog!” 

 

Markus chuckled as he carried Lilius in his arms and rushed to the bedroom. He took off their remaining clothes in record time and sat back for a moment to appreciate his lover’s body. Lilius blushed as he tried covering his privates which made Markus growl. 

 

Lilius was bitten and sucked all over and it was only when he was fully prepared and twitching all over that Markus finally entered him. He could feel the hot shaft penetrating his tight passage and opened his mouth in a silent scream. His backside clenched in happiness upon welcoming the dearly missed rod. Markus grunted as his hips thrusted in and out, bringing Lilius to an ecstasy he forgot existed. 

 

“Fuck everytime I accompanied those people in an attempt to forget you, this face of yours always pops into my head making me give up on moving on. What are you going to do Lilius? You’ve made me so damn obsessed and in love with you!” 

 

Lilius opened his mouth to answer but a strangled moan came out instead. “I..ugh..t-to deep! Ngh...will l-love you, ah!” 

 

Lilius could see stars as his prostate was hit again and again. “I’m cumming!” 

Markus thrusted one last time and filled Lilius up with his seed. Lilius’ semen spluttered across his chest and Markus’ stomach.  The pair stilled to catch their breath with heavy pants as Lilius cupped Marcus’ cheeks. 

 

The night breeze fluttered the dark curtains and entered the dim apartment carrying with it a faint scent of spring.

 

"I love you." Lilies looked at Markus with tear-filled eyes as he said these words. A smile graced both of their lips at the same time as he responded, 

 

"I love you too."

 

 

 

The end.

 

 

 

 

 

Two small theaters~~ 

 

Spoiler

#1: Blackbox

"You know what to do right?

 

….No? Why? Do I need to say everything for you to understand?

 

Well, if you had the audacity to drug me and cut my throat then I think you also have the nerves to apologise right?

 

Them? Oh...They’re really good nutrients  for my flowers that's for sure. 

 

Yes Mom, Dad...I expect you to be in your best behaviour otherwise...I think you already know."

 

#2: Mamahens 

*takes place after Lilius and Markus told the Art department they reconciled and that Markus' parents threatened Lilius with money* 

 

Li Na: This pitchfork is pretty good, it isn't that sharp so the penetration would be a lot slower…

 

Classmate 1: This bat is also pretty good. I learnt how to break knees from my master, Sangw-

 

Classmate 3: So when do we ambush?

 

Markus: Maybe tonight-

 

Lilius: ...HOLD UP!

 

*Lilius and Markus(who only helped due to his lover’s ‘begging’) had to spend an enormous amount of effort to stop their mamahen gang from becoming murderers.* 

[collapse]

 

Author's Account:

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (SH).

 

Hello, I’m Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Thank you for reading this oneshot! I had a lot of worries about my writing, grammar and the overall flow of the story. I’m still an amateur in writing so this anthology organised by BL Palace is like a very encouraging jump to progress. I’m really glad my story was eligible for this anthology and I hope you all enjoyed it!

 

13