(Chpt. 2) Slave merchant.
12k 24 174
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

span>

Bonus chapter! 



I saw a horse-drawn carriage from a merchant. It seemed to be forcefully stopped on the dirt road due to the wheel marks on the road. There were only plains on the opposite side of the road. I could see some corpses and what looked like a group of thugs battling some guys in leather armor. ‘Probably bandits and adventurers.’ I thought. I was feeling nauseous from looking at the corpses. I managed to muster through it somehow. When I looked again I did not get nauseous anymore. 'Weird.' I muttered. 

 

I was observing carefully. the merchant started panicking. ‘This is perfect for me’ I muttered as I began to walk slowly towards the carriage because there was no point in being afraid.

 

“Who are you!”

 

Shouted one of the thugs while looking at me, I do not blame him. After all, I cannot even answer that question myself. When they could finally see me properly they looked at me with eyes that were filled with desire… Disgusting.

 

“Oh, a woman? We will make a lot of money from this, Capture her!”

“Fenri!”

 

At that moment Fenri jumped from the bushes and pounced one of the bandits. That much was expected. Except... the bandit almost instantly died after the pounce. My face stiffened… 'Isn’t this too overkill?' I thought while the massacre continued. Fenri got quite bloody from it. But more importantly, I realized why he almost died instantly. Using [Cat’s eye] I discovered that his level and stats were overwhelmingly low. Looking back, it's impressive he survived the pounce.

 

Name: ???

Gender: ???

Race: ???

LVL.5

 

HP: 0/150

MP: 0/120

ST: 0/130

 

STR: 90

AGI: 70

CC/CD: 10%

Classes: [??? lvl.?]

Special skills: [???]

 

Looks like [Cat’s eye] cannot display information that I don’t know. It only seems to be useful for stats. But at least I know why he died like that. I just hope that [Cat’s eye] stops displaying me information that it doesn’t know and only the things I want to know. I might be asking too much though.

 

[Cat’s eye has been updated.]

 

Why are the notifications so random!

Oh right… The merchant.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

I asked the merchant who was shaking in fear. All of the adventurers seem to be dead as well. I do not blame him, I would probably be shaking in fear if I was in the same situation. Probably… After a brief moment, he finally spoke.

 

“T-Thank you for saving me!”

 

He then bowed deeply while shaking. Now that I looked at him properly. He seemed to be a gentleman as well as a wealthy merchant. Although he is still shaking.

 

“No problem…”

“W-What can I do to reward you for saving me, umm... Missy?”

 

The moment I heard that. I felt extremely uncomfortable and practically froze but that cannot be helped. Imagine being called that when you were formerly a guy, there's only so much I can take... He does not know my name nor do I intend on telling him. 'I guess there's no other way.' I muttered in defeat and sighed. He started sweating for some reason.

 

“Can you answer some of my questions?”

 

 

After a lot of questions. I found out a lot of things. My currency is useless however it seems to be valuable. I managed to confirm this is not a game. The RPG system seems to be “God’s work”. I also got directions to the nearest town and found out, that there is an ID system for towns and jobs. Thinking about it the world is similar to [Zeileheim] but it isn’t.

 

I pointed at the carriage and said:

 

“What kind of goods do you sell?”

“Slaves.”

 

After a brief pause, I asked to confirm.

 

“... Slaves?”

 

 I did not expect to run into a slave trader.

 

“Yeah, slaves but those damned bandits killed a few of them!”

 

He said angrily. He then broke into a cold sweat, I did not really understand it. I wanted to buy or exchange for some materials or items out of curiosity, but they are just slaves. I don’t want a slave… But I want to see them... Out of curiosity, I asked.

 

“Could I see them?”

“This way…”


Author's explanation corner 2: 

Hey, it's me your wonderful author. Today I shall explain why in this chapter the thug did not have a title section. 

Even if it only displays '???' title section will not appear if the person has no titles. Simple right? 

"Where is my item tier explanation? Slams desk." Relax Timmy, now is not the time. They will be explained in Chpt. 4 and explained inside the story in Chpt. 5 and 6.

Do you like the story so far?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
174