(Chpt. 5) Items.
10.5k 12 191
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you guys like the cover?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

 

Chapter 5 is out! I've been writing chapter 9 for 3 days, someone help me. 


 

 

Ari explained that she was anxious because of the equipment I gave her since it was so nice. While she was explaining she also muttered: ‘Also you are no longer scary so I did not recognize you’ in a really quiet voice. I barely managed to hear. I don’t know if I should be upset or not. Ari sat down under a tree. While I was thinking I heard Ari’s stomach.

 

Grrrr…”

“O-Oh, are you hungry?”

“N-no… Grrrrr…

 

When she answered, her stomach grumbled again. Her face was bright red, she was really cute but I could not let her be hungry like that. I pulled out some fruits for her to eat from my inventory and offered them to her.

 

“I-Is it really ok for me to have these?”

“Yeah it is ok, I have a lot.”

 

She quietly received them and started eating, she seemed to be lost in thought. I pulled out an apple for myself and sat down with her to eat, I was getting quite hungry myself after all. Fenri went away somewhere in the forest. But every now and then I could hear faint cries from monsters dying. ‘Huh, such a convenient wolf, what a good boy, I will make sure to pet him more.’ while I was thinking that Fenri came back, I gave him some meat from my inventory and petted him, he wagged his tail. However my inventory did not have much food to begin with, I needed to go to a town to restock.

 

“Yami.”

“Y-yyes?”

 

Ari tugged on my cloak while saying my name. Pulling me back from my thoughts I replied while stuttering.

 

“What happened to your tail and ears?”

“Oh, it’s because of this.”

 

As I said that. I took off the [Disguise] ring. My ears surged from the top of my head as if they were hidden and my tail just popped back up. It was a weird sensation. The ring rather than make an illusion, it seemed to make your body retract the desired body parts or something like that. I did not really understand how it fully worked. Ari’s face lit up and her eyes sparkled when she saw that.

 

“Yami! Yami, is that an item?

 

She asked with a really excited voice. While tugging my cloak.

 

“Yes, it is an item that allows for me to disguise my beastkin features.”

“That’s so cool!”

“Ari, here you can try it.”

 

As I said that I took the [Disguise] ring and put it on her hand.

 

“I-Is it really ok for me to try this item?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“W-well aren’t items really expensive? I heard that even [Common] rarity items are hard to come by. If I were to damage it. I-I c...”

 

She seemed really nervous about it. And stopped talking when she was about to mention something, seeing her all worried I decided to say.

 

”I do not know if they are expensive or not but, yes it is ok for you to borrow it. Just try to be careful with it.”

 

I said while smiling, right after I finished saying that, Ari put the ring on, she started to touch the top of her head as if thinking she would grow ears and a tail. She looked adorable I decided to pat her head. She was visibly happy about it. I started thinking; [Common] rarity items and expensive did not go together. ‘The world has really changed a lot huh?’ I muttered... I decided to ask Ari for more information.

 

“Ari, could you tell me everything you know about items?”

“W-well if you say so.”

 

She blushed a bit and seemed really happy.

 

“From the little, I know there are 6 item tiers and there’s a rumor of a 7th tier.”

 

Wait… 6 tiers? rumors of a 7th tier? I do not like where this is going. Ari continued her explanation as I was thinking.

 

“The 6 tiers are: [Common], [Uncommon], [Rare], [Flawless], [Legendary] and [Divine].”

“What about the rumored 7th tier?”

 

I decided to ask something I knew the answer for, hoping for a different answer.

 

“No one knows if the tier truly exists or not but it is a tier said to reach the power of the gods, those items are named [Relic] tier.”

 

‘Ahhh…!’ I screamed internally while holding my head with both of my hands, I do not look forward to the future. Everything I wear is [Relic] tier, what will happen to me?

 

“Yami? Yami?!”

“A-Ah... Sorry about that. Can you continue?”
“U-un.”

 

Ari with a worried look nodded. In the meantime, Fenri came over to us and laid down.

191