(Chpt. 15) Adventurer’s guild.
7.2k 32 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I compacted the 4 chapters into 2 like I said I would. RIP 40+ favorites and 2k+ views. They will be remembered.



The man glanced at us with a sharp gaze and began walking towards us. I did not know what to think of it, Aizen did not seem to mind and Ari did not even notice. Fenri was sleeping on the floor. The man was pretty close and he started talking.

 

“So, you girls want to be adventurers? Do you think you have what it takes!”

 

The man exclaimed in such a way that made people think we were mocking adventurers, I just ignored him, Aizen shrugged. Seeing Aizen’s reaction the man’s eyes narrowed and focused on Aizen. He pointed his finger at her and started talking.

 

“Specially you, do you think you can become an adventurer? Just a weak little girl, any monster could probably kill you.”

“So?”

 

Aizen surprisingly answered in an uninterested tone, without even flinching to the criticism. The man was boiling, he challenged Aizen as if it was a distasteful joke.  

 

“Girly, I challenge you to a duel, if you can even lay a finger on me. I will go back on my words.”

“That sounds boring, how about we do it the other way around?”

 

Aizen answered in a casual voice yet she was smiling, the man visibly angry, lost his temper. He drew his sword and tried to swing it towards Aizen. Some faces were full of worry, others seemed to agree with the irrational idea.

 

“Wait!”

 

The receptionist shouted in panic, as if those were the magic words, the man was frozen in place. ‘Ah, there she goes again.’ I muttered. Aizen had a smirk on her face, she was enjoying it. The eyes of the man were trembling, surprisingly she decided turn around and pretend like nothing happened, the man stayed frozen. The guild was silent. Aizen started talking with the frozen receptionist.  

 

“We would like to be adventurers.”

“A-ah, yes!”

 

She was frozen for a second and began talking again.

 

“To form your adventurer ID we can either use an appraisal stone on you or have you fill out a form.”

 

As Aizen was about to speak, Ari interrupted.

 

“Appraisal stone.”

 

Aizen and I froze, the receptionist asked with worry on her face.

 

“Is there a problem?”

 

I decided to ask something I was curious about. If it’s an appraisal stone then it should be an item, so they have a capability of how much they can see out of a person status. Only [Legend] grade can see your titles, and only [Divine] can see your special skills, I needed to know or it would be troublesome.

 

“How much of a person’s status can the appraisal stone see?”

 

The receptionist froze, some people looked confused about my question. The veteran looking adventurers had their eyes wide open. The receptionist being a true professional at her job answered truthfully in a low voice so that people would not be able to hear what she was saying.

 

“It can only see, name and family as well as a class that the person possesses.”

 

Aizen found this amusing and agreed, I had no choice but to agree from peer pressure, ‘A class? Is it random? I have never heard about such things.’ As I was muttering the receptionist pulled out a round red gem from under the desk and a yellowed sheet of paper that she placed on the table, the gem was somewhat transparent yet cloudy. It was a low grade appraisal stone.

 

“Can I have your hand?”

 

She said while looking at Aizen while gesturing with her hand. Aizen reluctantly let her have her hand. The receptionist placed her left hand on the paper and held the gem together with Aizen, she started muttering something. The stone shone brightly, however the receptionist was frozen, nothing happened.

 

“H-how?” She said with a stutter. Nothing happened that was the problem. No one in the guild understood what happened, Ari was stiff too. Aizen realized, she still had the wrapped glove around her wrist, Aizen was clearly nervous, she decided to take the glove off without anyone noticing and put it into her spatial box. As far as I knew about the skill, it was like an inventory, except it did not freeze time inside it.

 

“I guess I will do it myself.”

 

Aizen said with a tired voice as if it always happened, she decided to snitch the appraisal stone with her overwhelming agility stat. The receptionist did not even notice.

 

Aizen put her hand on the paper and used the stone. The paper was some kind of item but it didn’t seem to be even of [Common] quality. The paper started to letters on it. It was what the stone could see of Aizen’s status.

 

Name: Aizen

Family: Kuro

Class: [???]

 

That’s all the paper displayed, I was not surprised. The receptionist finally picked up on what Aizen did and picked the paper up and read it. Her face was expressionless after putting the paper down. Ari grabbed the paper with a bit of a struggle because the desk was a bit too high for her current height. She started reading, her eyes widened after reading it.. Everyone was silent, the adventurers did not notice because they were perplexed by the adventurer that was still frozen in place. The receptionist disregarded it and started talking.

 

“Hm, that’s odd, now it’s your turn.”

 

She said so while looking at me, however most of her professionalism was gone after that happened, I retreated my right hand into my cloak and managed to remove the glove one handed by squishing my hand in between my legs. My hand was numb because of it, luckily no one noticed. I could not let anyone see the wicked ring of all evilness of the world.

 

I approached the receptionist, and she did the same thing that she did with Aizen, the stone shone, and the paper started to display letters. I did not like what I saw, Ari did not notice what the paper was displaying. Aizen on the other hand did notice, she seemed amused.

 

Name: Yami

Family: Kuro

Class: [Summoner lvl.40]

 

The receptionist did not seem to think it was going to work, and was flustered. She hurriedly grabbed the paper and started reading it, she froze for a second and moved the paper closer to her face while still holding onto it. She re-read it, after re-reading over and over again. She said in a hurry with a little bit of a stutter.

 

“I-I will call the guildmaster!”

 

The receptionist ran in a hurry upstairs with the paper and went into a room. Ari tilted her head to the side not understand what was happening because the sudden development, Ari started glancing at me and narrowed her eyes while looking at me, as if she didn’t recognize me. It was like she was saying ‘Who are you?’ with her glance, I felt a little bit uncomfortable. The adventurer was still frozen in time, some adventurers were looking at the frozen man, some others were confused by how the receptionist left in a hurry. Fenri was still sleeping on the ground.

 

We stood there waiting for the receptionist, the other receptionists looked visibly confused. None of the adventurers approached us, they were too busy admiring the realistic unmoving sculpture. After waiting for a few minutes the receptionist came out of the room and came downstairs. She stood in front of us and started speaking to us as if we were someone important..

 

“Aizen and Yami, the guildmaster would like to see you.”

 

I had a bad feeling about this, Aizen still looked fine about it, Ari was flabbergasted.


I am running out of desserts, suggest down below what you would like in the next poll.

Was the chapter entertaining?
  • Yes. Votes: 159 28.2%
  • No. Votes: 10 1.8%
  • Hershey's chocolate bar. Votes: 124 22.0%
  • Chocolate chip cookies. Votes: 270 48.0%
Total voters: 563
142