Author’s Note: Dream Novel
15 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know… I'm probably one of the many authors on a Webnovel platform that never ends up finishing their works (because of one reason or another). It mostly has to do with life…

Writing an Action Fantasy sounds easy, but the more you see 'action' and 'drama' IRL, the more you get sick of it, and the more empty it makes you on the inside. You start to become numb…

Even though action is what I know best, writing it becomes harder because the world we live in is filled with so much useless bickering. Rather than trying to understand one another, we tend to overwhelm others with what we're trying to say.

It's basically like Twitter…

Someone says something bad/misguided/wrong or something similar, those who suddenly want to enact 'justice' make it their business. Without even doing the bare minimum in trying to understand what's happening, they take action by themselves.

Not by sympathising with the one who was actually hurt, but by retaliating 'for the sake of' another.

Which ends up hurting them even more…

Sometimes, someone who's crying doesn't want a hero to come fight for them. Maybe they just want someone to understand them. To say that things will be alright, even if they can't believe those words.

Even if it's superficial, those words help more than any 'nice guy' who has to make things about himself. The one who does deeds 'because they are right' rather than if it's actually appropriate.

That's just the danger of nice people.

They're so nice that they're above having to sit down and see the filth that bottles up in the victim.

The anger, hate, frustration, envy, and other mixed emotions that aren't 'right'… but are distinctly human.

They turn away from the ugliness as if working through those dark parts of life is somehow wrong.

…I've gotten severely off topic, so I'll step back.

The thing that I've been having a hard time wrapping my head around was whether it was hypocritical of me… Even though I hate violence IRL, to like violence enacted by fictional people.

I like fighting games and the like, but it somehow feels different to write with intent behind words.

I wouldn't want someone reading my stories to think that lashing out is the answer to everything.

Nor would I want the reader to be bummed out by a bunch of spiel about goodness and righteousness.

There's too little of any of that in the world.

People are moved by what they believe in, and are swayed by the people they put their faith in.

Something that's stopping me from properly imagining this particular kind of novel when writing.

Most the people I'd ever had faith in had left me behind one way or another… to the point I'm probably having a complex about it. The more I try to write characters who would be by my main characters side by the end, the more it feels wrong.

Like I'm telling a lie…

That those who would actually stay with you till the end don't exist, and camaraderie is fickle in nature.

So… Anyways, this is just my ramblings.

My dream novel that I WANT to work on seems so far from reach, I can't even begin to write it…

Updates will be slower until I figure this out.

0