Chapter 181 Tragedy: Vines strike back
10.8k 9 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Our pledges had gone down by a lot in a single day. We fell just as fast as we grew lol.. Hence, allow me to dutifully guide you to my Patreon so that anyone interested in supporting my works can do so. Thanks and enjoy!!

"Send your brat to my place, one of these days." Eric informed the milf while handing in the payment. Amelia waited for the guy to continue. "It's Nana. She has come to love your boy too much. Now she can't seem to be satisfied with her man here, it seems." He said in a sulking voice. He had allowed the boy to fuck his wife twice to make sure that her arrogance can be checked. But though her haughtiness had come down sufficiently, she seems to have grown too fond of the boy. So much so, that only after getting fucked by him twice, her husband doesn't seem to be able to satisfy her escalated needs.

He had not only come here to have sex with Amelia but to also, inform her to make her boy pay Nana a visit. The stubborn woman had been nagging him for many days now and he can't keep ignoring her demands now. 

Only now Amelia understood why Eric asked the previous question. Seems like her boy had ended up creating a rift between the husband and wife. Nevertheless, it only made her more proud. Who can know better than her, what it means to be addicted to Ryu and his magnificent tool? 

"Oi..? Did you hear me?" Eric had to wave his hand in front of her face to wake her up from the reverie. "You are drooling, Amelia." What was the woman imagining in the daytime, to make her drool? Eric had no answer to that and respecting her privacy, he didn't ask her that, too.

Amelia hurriedly used her hands to wipe the saliva from the corner of her lips. "Haha.. sorry chief, I was lost for a while. Yeah, so I got it. I will get him to visit Mrs. Nana in a few days." Eric didn't say anything else as he gave a nod and said his goodbyes. Leaving behind a redhead with a stupid grin on her face.

**Next day. Early morning.*

"Hehe.. what do you think?" Ryu was confident enough when he displayed the whole set of combat art that Sophia had taught him, last week. The girl was not as enthusiastic as him, though. "Hmm. Not bad. To tell you the truth, I was not expecting you to be able to get even this far. Hope you are not neglecting your cultivation for this?" 

"Of course. Why would I do that?" He lied with a straight face. The fact was, he had not even cultivated a single hour all these days and yet already crossed over to the 2nd level of the Junior realm, all thanks to Emma. Dorothea had not contributed much right now but after a month or so, he believed he can start to receive some benefits from her too. Right now Emma was helping her out with her experience. In a day or two, both of them were positive that she will be able to go through an awakening.

The problem staring on his face now was how can he hide her cultivation. Right now, his parents had not noticed it. But before long they will know that the mortal woman had begun cultivating and all fingers will point to him. He will have to think about some solution to this before that happens. 

He had heard about some treasure that can hide your cultivation and was planning to buy one of those. And the best location for that will be the Dark Wings, once again. 

Slavery was their most profitable business but that didn't mean they didn't trade in treasures, spiritual stones, and potions. But even that had a problem. He might have the resources to buy a few things, but what about his identity? He will be very easily discovered even if he covered his face, after all, clothes can't hide his cultivation.

"Then that's good." Sophia's voice brought him back to earth. "Though it's not entirely satisfactory but considering that you were a total noob a week back, this is an improvement. Then let me teach you the next set. We will do the same this time. You are going to perform, both sets to the best of your ability, next week. If I am satisfied, then you will get the third one." 

She didn't wait for Ryu to respond and began displaying the next set to him. Ryu had visited the plantation very early today so that he can have a training session with Sophia before others' arrival. 

***

Ryu was walking towards his patrolling area when he heard the demon laughing uproariously in his mind. 'Why are you so happy?' The grim voice kept laughing for a while before answering. 'What do you think? This freedom is thrilling, indeed. It's been a week since you tried restraining me. Don't you feel I might take over your mind if you keep ignoring me like this?  Hehe..'

'I am not so naive anymore. You think I have not figured out some things about you?' Ryu smirked while walking to his destination. 'Ohhh.. is that so? Please enlighten me kid hahaha... I too would love to hear your words of wisdom.' He was not taking the boy seriously. 

'I am not entirely sure but one thing is clear as day to me.' The demon waited for the boy to continue. 'Whatever you have planned, it certainly isn't so simple as to just take over this body of mine. Because that will be a futile thing to do as you and I both know now that you can't maintain the grip over me forever. That will be impossible. You might get to control this body from time to time but it can never be done so, permanently. As I am the dominant one here.' 

Ryu continued speaking out his mind. 'Still, I don't get it. Why would you keep trying that even after it knowing that it is a futile effort?' The demon seemed interested in the conversation now. 'ohh.. and why do you think I have a bigger goal than possessing this body?'

He didn't mind sharing his theory with the guy as he was aware that there was nothing the guy can do even if he knew that. 'Well, it was easy to figure out once I got some hazy memories from my mission. The thing that I believed to have dreamt was no dream at all. You had fought with grandma, didn't you? And considering that you are still alive and kicking, she must have lost. That makes sense, you can never harm her. That means you won but you still didn't run away to somewhere. If you had a small task, then you had enough time to do it. That means you must be planning something much bigger scale, something that can't be done within a day or two.' 

'Hmm.. looks like I have been underestimating you. It seems you are not a completely sex-crazed beast, in the end hahaha... Good, good. Keep going like this, you might actually turn into a human one day hahaha...' What does his sex life have to do with this? What can he do if this body is constantly in an aroused state? All these months he had got to know that all the sex he does, some of it is also due to his body being this way.

'I need some help from you.' The demon stopped laughing to listen to him and began laughing again. 'Hain? Did I hear you wrong? Do you want help from a demon? Hahaha... Why would I do that? Why not check with that lizard friend of yours? Hehe...' 

'That guy acts all high and mighty in front of me, but I can feel, his situation must not be any better. So I don't want to burden him too much. Also, I can't wait for him to contact me.' He explained his reason but the demon wasn't interested. 'Go away kid. Let me sleep.'

'It's in the interest of both of us, you see.' This time the guy was intrigued. 'Listening.' 'I need resources to cultivate. I got the money but I can't risk my identity getting exposed. I want you to help me mask my cultivation.' He had a choice to use a treasure to mask it but the problem with that was, that kind of treasure can only mask it against low-level cultivators. Anyone with cultivation over Earth realm can see right through it. A had collected all this information from Sophia over a period of time, without making the girl too suspicious.

'Hmm. Agreed.' His instant agreement made him convinced that he had made the right conclusion once again. The demon had wants him to grow as quickly as possible. Whatever his goal was, required him to be much stronger than right now. That might be the reason why he is waiting it out.

'Well, that didn't take much persuasion.' He no further response from the guy so Ryu too stopped talking. He had made big gains today. Not only had he gotten a step closer to figuring out what the demon's plans were but also got him to agree to help him out. He was very much satisfied with the progress.

**A few hours later**

"What did you say?" A few men had just sat down to have their lunch, after their patrolling duties. Just then they were interrupted by a man who came running out of the woods. "Yes, please hurry. It is unlike the normal ones. It is actively attacking our party." 

This was section B of the plantation. There should not be a vine-like this in this area. All 5 men promptly ran together, towards the direction of the conflict. The man who came looking for them was sent by his party to look for help as it was evident they were not a match for the entity. "I didn't understand one thing, why didn't you guys run away? We can easily take care of it if we can call someone from section A." James was among the guys who were peacefully having their lunch before they were informed about such matters. 

The man he was speaking to shook his head while running. "We can't do that. It was not stationary. We can't risk it making its way to the outer perimeter." James nodded in understanding. Now it made sense to him. A mobile Krypto was uncommon but it wasn't inconceivable. The outer perimeter mostly had kids on patrolling duties. It will spell disaster if it finds its way to them. 

After 10 minutes of the continuous sprint, the party located the battlefield. That's the only way to describe it as it seems another party had already joined the previous men and now they were 7 guys fighting against the huge vine. But all of them were looking exhausted while the massive vines were assaulting them without break. James realized their mistake.

They should have sent someone to look for master Lyod. This might not something they can handle. The thing looked like a shrub, just with large throbbing tentacles swiping all around. It had borrowed its thick base into the ground as more than 10, meters long tentacles flew all around, not allowing anyone to get close enough to its actual body to land a decisive blow.

The men all around it had first tried taking on it with brute force but it proved too difficult. So now they have turned to try to sneak a single guy in, while they distracted its huge tentacles. Even if one of them manages to get past its defense, they were sure to take this thing down.

It didn't take even seconds for James's party to discern what the group was trying. They immediately jumped into the battle. James had cast strengthening magic onto himself and was able to fend off the tentacles with ease. "Who's going in?" They had to know, who they had to make way for.

"Make way for me. I will burn its body." Another man who was using flames to defend himself responded to his question. That was a good choice. Burning is always effective on these things. James nodded and began forcing his way towards the center while fending off the attacks. Now that there were so many men fighting against a single entity, it was showing clear signs of getting overwhelmed.

82