2. The Three Men
186 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        The limousine car that John is riding is another of his great inventions - The self-driving car. But what made this car special is that it is integrated with Sarrie's A.I. client. It means that John can access and control his house far away by using Sarrie as a gateway. In fact, not only is Sarrie integrated into this car but also in every device that John is carrying.

  As the limousine car continuously drives towards the gate, John looked at the side of the windows and saw his other inventions do their work. Some robots are who are in-charge of gardening, used their robotic hands to sprinkle water on the plants. Security-bots who roam around the estate with its humanoid torso, a one-legged wheel, and a laser gun as its hands, protect the mansion from any threats.

  The gate automatically opened as the limousine car drove near it. And passed by the Security-bots that were stationed on each side.

  John faced the front windows and began to say,

  "We should discuss our strategy in dealing with the upcoming meeting." After saying such words, holographic screens began to appear containing the details of the upcoming meeting, one hologram, in particular, showed a specific type of machinery that seems to catch the attention of John.

  John pointed the holographic screen containing the machine and said,

  “This machine will be the ingredient to obtain the classified element.”

  Sarrie then began to say,

  “Ah, the project ‘K-M2’ The one that we have created for three years?”

  John closed both of his hands and said,

  “Yes, it is a machine that identifies and creates a weapon suited for a certain type of elements.” He looked at the side and continued to say,

  "But, I couldn't believe that we are going to share this valuable machine, especially to the government." He looked down below and continued,

  “Well…” he sighed.

  John was about to continue, but Sarrie interrupted him and said,

  "You will offer this machine to them to create a weapon suited for the element for the upcoming war, but since they don't know how to use the machine, you will use this opportunity to bring it in the laboratory and examine it."

  John looked up and smiled,

  “Yes, that’s true! You know me and my plans very accurately” John put his right hand at his chin and raised his right eyebrow as he continued,

  “That’s why I always wondered where my mother put the servers and the database of your brain…”

  Sarrie replied,

  “That is classified information.”

  Sarrie is an A.I. that relies on information given by her database servers, but its computing power is located at John’s laboratory’s “Core's Room” together with his two other inventions. Although he has the blueprint of Sarrie’s machine and software code, it didn’t provide the I.P. link of the server’s and address, which is miraculously hidden perfectly well. Not even the esteemed hackers can penetrate and pin the location.

  John sighed and said,

  “It’s already been years since I tried to access your servers, but all of it seems encrypted, as a genius like me failed on decrypting a simple server link, it really hurts my ego.”

  John, who loves to gather new information, failed to obtain the knowledge of Sarrie’s database is located, not only was he disappointed on himself but as well haunts him in his dreams.

  John crossed his arms and continued, "It makes me wonder how intelligent my mother is. For a woman, she almost reached the peak of creating a perfect artificial intelligence."

  Anyone with the knowledge of A.I. can do the same work as John's mother. But what makes Sarrie's A.I. special is that of her database – that contains a large amount of information, An A.I. no matter how strong its computable power cannot match Sarrie's vast knowledge, because knowledge is power.

  Sarrie then said,

  “Well, your mother is not alone on creating me…”

  John smiled and said,

  “Of course! I was the one that completed you!”

  Sarrie continued,

  “No… What I meant was that the ‘Research and Development’ team of the Malnotronics Company helped on creating me as a prototype.”

  John smiled and raised his right eyebrows as he said,

  “Oh? So, the previous ‘RnD’ team knows the server and database locations?”

  Sarrie said,

  "I've told you many times, sir, but it's classified information, but knowing your eagerness, it seems that you really want to know the techniques of what your mother and the rest of her team have done to my servers and database."

  John laughed and said,

  “Yes, that’s right! As you may know, I have created two artificial intelligence based on your client code, but they do not reach the same intelligence as you.”

  John smiled and continued to say,

  “We can say that you are unique among the inventions that have been made today. A machine that is hard to replicate.”

  Sarrie replied,

  "Thank you for the compliments, sir, but that won't let me share you the classified information. You must know that I can't be persuaded by compliments."

  John slouched and said,

  "And I thought you can harbor feelings by now… Oh, well..."

  John looked at the front window and saw a large white gate in front of them and said,

  “It seems that we’ve arrived at our destination.”

  John looked at the side and saw a group of protestors holding a sign and shouting,

  "Peace, not war! Peace, not war!" By seeing all of this, John sighed exasperatedly.

  Sarrie then said,

  "It seems that some people disagree with the upcoming war."

  The limousine car entered through the gate and approached the large white mansion. Three men are standing in front near the stairs, waiting for John to arrive.

  As the limousine car arrived in front of the mansion, John got out of his vehicle and faced the three men waiting for him.

  Using his right hand, he grasped the other's left hands one by one with a brief up-and-down movement as the three men introduced themselves.

  The man in the right wearing a military uniform and equipped with many military medals gave off a feeling of an army official, he introduced himself to John and said,

  "Good morning, sir! I am the deputy military secretary, Mince Kon." John nodded in reply.

  The man in the center wearing a business torso widened his smile as he said,

  "John, nice meeting you!"

  John smiled back and said,

  “Mister President! Thanks for having me!”

  The president pointed the man at his left and said,

  "This is the secretary, Mike Converse."

  Mike smiled and said,

  “Nice meeting you!” John nodded in reply.

  The president pointed the entrance door and said,

  “So, shall we continue?”


  A day before the negotiations, the president of the United Planets and his cabinet called on a meeting to discuss the upcoming talks with the three companies that offered their services, particularly on research and development on military weaponry.

  Previously the military has already hired a private company to do their research on weaponry. But earlier this month, the FBI has discovered that the private company that the military hired has been accused of having connections to the "Communist Planets," thus, the military ended its ties to the company and tried to find a new one.

  Strangely enough, one of the sources of evidence was a report from a representative lawyer of "Malnotronics Company," – but no one questioned the fact that the company is involved in the investigation.

  Inside on the room of the president are two white couches and a small wooden rectangular table at the center. Two people are sitting on the other side, Mr. Rietch and Ms. Jane and three men on the other chair, the president and his other two cabinet members.

  As the president sip his coffee from his white cup, Ms. Jane said,

  "Then, moving on to our next topic would be the companies who will be offering our help."

  Mr. Rietch grabbed the folder at the table and opened it to see the contents inside, then Ms. Jane continued,

  "That would be the 'Malnotronics Company,' 'Technorock Industries', and 'New World Co..'"

  The president placed his coffee at the table and said, "What will be your suggestions, everyone?"

  Mr. Rietch continued to look at the contents of the folder and said,

  “I think we don’t need to negotiate with these two companies, especially that the Malnotronics Company is offering to do the 'RnD.'"

  The president nodded as Mr. Rietch continued to say,

  “The Malnotronics company will be a big help to our military strength, judging from their line of products they offer a lot of revolutionary technologies. Imagine the possibilities of the strength of our country with advanced and exclusive weaponry!”

  The other two men sitting beside the president agreed to what Mr. Rietch said.

  The president said,

  “But the problem is, picking a company directly may spark some media outrage, proclaiming that we are biased towards the Malnotronics Company, especially that our political enemies are closely watching on our every move.”

  Mr. Rietch replied,

  “I say we must continue to negotiate with the other two companies, but in the end, we will choose the Malnotronics Company.”

  The president nodded as he put his right hand at his chin.

  Ms. Jane leaned forward and began to say,

  “No! We should avoid having connections to that company! Have you’ve all realized that they are part of the investigation against Kalkex industries?!”

  Kalkex industries were the original private company that has been doing the research and development for the military.

  Ms. Jane continued,

  "In recent events, the Malnotronics Company is very suspicious! They helped with the investigation against Kalkex and offered to be the new company to be in charge of the 'RnD'! I don't know what they are planning, but we should investigate further about this before rushing through conclusions!"

  Mr. Rietch laughed as he grabbed a folder at his back and gave it to the president,

  "And that's why I've done further research on the company." The president accepted the folder and opened it. Mr. Reich continued,

  "I have found out that Senator Mc' kain is currently the leading investor of the company, and thus by the decision of the board of directors, they decided to take this offer as an opportunity to improve the relationship to this administration."

  Mr. Rietch stared at Ms. Jane with a smile as she widened her eyes and thought to herself, “No… You have been bribed by the Malnotronics Company!”

  The president continued to look at the contents of the folder as he said,

  “Then, we will work with the Malnotronics Company...” The president looked at the others and continued,

  "So, in conclusion, we will rule out the other two companies and continue to negotiate with Kalkex Industries and the Malnotronics Company."


  In this cold night the negotiations ended, as Ms. Jane was about to enter her car, she thought to herself,

  "What is happening to the current administration? I joined this cabinet because I can see that that they have done great things for the country, but seeing them easily fooled by just a piece of one-sided evidence made me worried about the upcoming war…" Ms. Jane sighed on the thought.

  As she looked around the empty parking lot that she is in, she opened the car door at the front, but then suddenly someone grabbed her stomach and put a white cloth near her nose.

  She moved her body as much as she can, as she resisted the person behind her.

  After a few seconds later, she closed her eyes, and her body began to faint. The person wearing a black jacket covered with a black mask and a pair of sunglasses carried the shape of the woman out of the parking lot.

5