CH 2: FIRST KILL (1)
10.3k 17 280
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sooo, where the hell I am?”

A young-looking silver-haired man stood in a forest while munching on hard bread. He couldn’t help but frown as he looked at his surroundings.

“Hey, you, are you sure you aren’t messing with me?”

Looking behind him, he glared at a brawny man who immediately began to shiver under his stare.

It has already been about one week since he left the 80th north district, which was one of the worst districts ever. On his way, he had been mugged many times by different groups of bandits. But since they didn’t hold any killing intent, he simply beat them up after taking away everything they had and all the information they could give.

The one shivering behind him currently was his latest victim and he finally decided that having a guide could help speed things along.

“Sir, I am not lying, this is really the most direct way to enter the 1st west district.”

Gojo frowned a little at how he went from north to west because he got lost on the way, but aside from that, he was happy to know that he was closer to his goal.

The 360 districts of the soul society were divided in four directions and 80 districts for each zone. The closer the district was to the Seireitei, the better the environment.

What's more, the only way to pass the shinigami test for the academy was to reach one of the four 1st districts. 

‘Heh, even in the afterlife, the distinction between classes still exists.’

Chortling to himself, he ignored the cowardly bandit and began to walk while whistling.

Behind him, the bandit hesitated à little and thought about fleeing, but once he remembered how that monster in front of him beat up his entire team, he could only hide his desire to flee. 

This small movement wasn't missed by Gojo, but he didn't care. He was more busy trying to understand the energy flowing through his body. 

Even though he was currently unable to use “Limitless” or any of his cursed techniques, he didn’t waste his time and now, he at least knew how the energy flowing inside his body was called.

Reiryoku. 

The inner energy which flows through all beings. At first, he was surprised at the fact that a soul could feel hunger, be tired, or even bleed for that matter. But, the answer was surprisingly easy. 

The more Reiryoku a soul had, the closer their body's function became to humans. High-level souls could even have sexual relationships and give birth to children. In short, the soul society wasn’t that much different from the normal human society. 

‘Well, I wonder how strong I am in this world.’

Those bandits were rather easy to beat, but he refused to compare himself to them. He needed to meet one of the so-called shinigami and see how far he stood.

‘I also need to master this technique. Perhaps I should learn the power system of this world.’

The only thing he could do as of now was to strengthen his body with this mysterious energy. But he hoped this wasn’t all. He was no slouch when it came to martial art, but nothing beat the feeling of being all-powerful and completely untouchable.  Secretly, he also hoped that learning the power system here would help him be able to use ’limitless’ again.

‘No matter, I am a genius. It shouldn’t take long for me to learn.’

At the very least; he believed in the power of the Rokugan(Six eyes). Back then, it was thanks to the combination of his Rokugan and his Limitless that he was hailed as the strongest sorcerer.

Thanks to it, his control over his cursed energy had been so perfect that it feels like he had an unlimited amount of energy. Even now, he was sure that he just needed two or three direct examples on how to use this energy to get it.

The only thing stopping him now was the fear of messing up his energy point by making the energy flow in the wrong way. A phenomenon extremely common for the members of his clan who tried to master Limitless even though they didn't have the talent necessary for that. 

He might be a genius, no scratch that. He might be an unprecedented genius, but he knew more than anyone else how dangerous it was to experiment without any frame of reference. 

They continued to walk like that for a while in total silence. 

The signs of life were becoming more evident once again and he was sure that he was coming closer to the city. 

It was then, 'Huh?' 

A sharp scream resonated, the birds, startled, began to flee away. 

Looking at the direction of the scream, Gojo's brain immediately went into overdrive. 

His vision suddenly shifted, reaching far farther than anyone should be able to see. 

Finally, he was able to capture the scene, two seemingly young children, one a brown-haired girl and the other a silver-haired boy were facing a red monster with a mask on its face. 

The girl was holding a sword, but from her posture and shivering hands, it was clear that she was still a newbie. 

What's more, from the blood flowing from her head, it seemed that she was already wounded. 

A smile formed on his face, 

"It seems like I will be given a first-hand demonstration about how to use Reiryoku." 

280