CH 5: REIATSU, REIRYOKU, REISHI
8.9k 10 296
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Come on~! How long do you intend to pout?”

“But, But...”

Hinamori kept walking, her mind still reeling at the revelation. After his revelation, she still couldn’t believe him. And as such, used a few spells she knew as a test.

The result was devastating. No matter what she used, he simply needed to take one look to replicate it. The worst was that he didn’t just replicate it blindly, but really understood the way it worked even though he clearly suffered from gaps on the theoretical aspect.

In the end, she could only kneel in defeat and accept his supremacy.

She could now understand the feeling of shock her senpai in the academy felt when she became able to use low-level Kido without any chant just a few weeks after she joined the academy.

Hinamori wasn’t an arrogant person, but she had to admit that being praised as a genius so much until now went a little to her head. Now though, she understood that she could only be called a genius when compared to most Shinigami.

Gathering her spirit, she clenched her fist, “Yosh, I need to work even harder.”

Gojo could only smile dumbfoundedly at how fast this girl kept switching expressions. Still, she was rather funny.

“Now that we have consensus on the fact that I am an absolute genius, why don’t we speak a little? I am really interested in entering the academy, but getting some basic knowledge would be helpful.”

The last bandit he captured already fled the moment he rushed to save Momo. But he didn’t really care about that man. So he didn’t bother chasing him down.

Hinamori nodded, “Well, Gojo-san, do you have any particular question?”

Gojo nodded, he had one particular question. Something that really bothered him, 

“Why can we bleed?”

He could understand powerful souls needing to eat, but he really couldn’t understand why they could bleed. Even more so since low-level souls could also bleed.

Hinamori smiled in understanding, “This is a rather normal question.”

Hinamori closed her eyes in order to gather her thoughts. 

“You see, in a sense, our bodies aren’t different from human bodies. The greatest difference between a spiritual body and a physical body is its composition. Humans' bodies are made of organic matters, or, as we call it, Kishi. Meanwhile, we are made out of a matter called Reishi.”

Saying so, she raised her hand and began to gather energy in her hand.

“This isn’t just our bodies. The grass on the ground, the clouds in the sky, the tree, even the very air we breathe, everything in the soul society is made out of Reishi. At a certain level, some techniques can be used with Reishi. Like the Shunpo. Sadly, first-year students like me still didn’t learn it so I can’t show it to you.”

She seemed really regretful about not being useful, but Gojo didn’t mind. It wasn’t as if he could get all the information in one go.

“No problem. What about Reiryoku?”

“You know about it? Hum, Reiryoku is something that every being, soul, or humans have in them. The greater the amount, the more powerful they can potentially become. From what I know, humans with a certain amount of it can even see shinigami or affect wandering souls. For shinigami, Reiryoku is a little like the fuel we use to create our technique.”

Momo smiled, “After Reiryoku, is Reiatsu.”

“Reiatsu?”

“Indeed. Reiatsu is a little hard to explain. Should I say that it shows the weight of existence? Powerful reiatsu can basically render weaker enemies completely powerless. Since it’s basically impossible to calculate the amount of Reiryoku someone has, we gauge individual power based on Reiatsu.”

Saying so, she crouched down and used a stick to draw on the ground.

“In short, Reishi forms the body, the vessel. Reiryoku is the energy that fills the vessel and Reiatsu is the energy that is expressed. The more Reishi your body is composed of, the more Reiryoku you can have. The more Reiryoku means a more powerful Reiatsu. This is the basics.”

Gojo mused a little. ‘So, a powerful body means more capacity to hold energy and a greater ability to express it.’

This was nothing new for him. Still, he couldn’t help but stare at Toshiro.

‘His body doesn’t seem that strong. Despite this, I can feel a great power in him. I guess he is a little Yuta.’

Yuta was one of his first students. A special grade jujutsu sorcerer. When he first met him, the boy had been scheduled for execution because of a power he couldn’t control. 

Even now, his weak body was one of his weaknesses. Though, with his insane amount of cursed energy, it wasn’t really a problem either.

‘Also.’

He sighed at how he was trying to see his students in those two. It seemed that he missed his life more than he thought he would. Thinking about it, something suddenly occurred to him.

“Hey, Have you ever heard about cursed energy? Curses? Or sorcerers?”

Hinamori and Toshiro looked at him in confusion.

“Curses? Are you talking about hollow? As for sorcerers? I think the only human clan with power was called Quincy, not sorcerers.”

296