CH 10: TEST (1)
8.2k 15 272
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[RUKONGAI WEST GATE]

Today, as the sun stood high in the sky, a sea of people wearing rags or simple clothes walked en masse towards the west gate of the Seireitei. A zone they would generally avoid.

The reason for this was simple. The test for entering the second session in the academy was about to begin.

For most of the souls belonging to the Rukongai, this was the opportunity for them to get rid of the shackles of poverty and obtain a better life.

Even though the success rate was incredibly low, they didn't care. They just needed enough power to enter the school. After all, even grunt soldier shinigami basically lived like a king compared to the life in the Rukongai.

In this sea of people, Gojo, who was 'observing' the scenery with Toshiro, could only frown at the disparity.

At first glance, the Seireitei and the Rukongai were simply separated by a river. One side reeked of poverty, while another side reeked of opulence.

Despite this, the seemingly simple line was nothing more than an illusion. After all, Gojo could 'see' the spherical barrier that was seemingly surrounding the Seireitei. 

He didn't know exactly how powerful it was, nor what effect it had, but it was clear that it was no game.

Gojo adjusted the bandage over his eyes. He had searched for glasses, but the glasses he wore when he was alive were specially made to block absolutely all light. It wasn't something people in the Rukongai could create.

Since they didn't have a face mask either, this was the only way to allow his mind to rest a little more.

The Rokugan was without a doubt a cheat-like power, but the number of information it constantly sent was pretty overwhelming. After all, even now, despite binding his eyes, he could still technically see. (E/N: Wouldn't it be better if he just overloaded his senses every now and then to get used to them?)

As such he generally needed to block his sight one way or another.

"So, Toshiro, are you sure you want to do this?"

Since he was a little bored with the wait, he decided to make a light discussion. Since Momo went back to the academy, the two of them passed most of the time together, and he had to admit that the boy quite grew on him.

Though he had to admit the fact that the boy was super talented and was learning everything pretty easily helped a bit.

"Indeed. You already told me that I had a hidden talent. I don't want...I don't want to stay useless."

Gojo gave a little grin, "You don't want Momo to go too far ahead, you mean?"

It may have been just a few days, but it was easy to see how close Momo and Toshiro were. Their relationship had nothing romantic, but their friendship was extremely pure. 

Just as he was about to tease Toshiro even more, a loud rumble brought him out of his thoughts.

The gate was slowly opening, and what stood behind the gate, was a giant.

Gojo raised the corner of the bandages covering his eyes and to better observe the man towering above all of them and gave a low whistle.

 

The man raising the gate was a muscular man who easily stood over 9 meters, and was very close to ten.

What surprised him was how happy the souls seemed to see him, with some of them even waving at him, "You guys know him?"

"Indeed. It's Jidanbo. The guardian of the west gate since more than 300 years ago. He is a friend and everyone in the Rukongai likes him."

"Heh? This is interesting."

"Those of you want to pass the entrance to the academy. The first test is simple, the gatekeeper will release his Reiatsu. Those of you who can go through the gate despite this can enter. Of course, do not worry, he will not go all out, just enough to lower the number of people who do not possess the minimum requirements to even try the test."

The one who was speaking was a bearded middle-aged man wearing a black kimono and a book in his hand.

"You have until this afternoon to reach me then register your name. I hereby announce the start of the test. I wish you the best of luck."

(AN Yep. Toshiro will enter the academy five years than initially. This will also change many things since he won't meet Rangiku like he did in the original.

I really like writing fic because of this . Creating those changes is really interesting.)

You love this story? You want to be ahead of the others? Want to support me? Take a look at my patreon. I upgraded my patreon once again. You can get up to 17 advanced chapters of SHK(Basically being more than one month ahead of everyone.) As well as 12 chapters of my new fic. Called Gojo: A Sorcerer in the soul society. 

https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji

Here my discord. 

https://discord.gg/c7d4SNW.—>>Here the link of my dis cord.

272