CH 15: THE GOAL IS…?
7.5k 9 247
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The class ended after Gojo's incredible question.

The rest of the day had been designed as free study to allow students to acclimate to the school. 

As for Genboro, he had been left speechless and only answered by saying that early graduation was indeed possible. 

In the long history of the Shin'o Academy, it wasn't as if no genius was able to finish the school curriculum in less time than the normal six years. 

The two most recent who had managed such a feat were Kaien Shiba, who finished in just two years and was now the vice-captain of the 13th division as well as Gin Ichimaru, who broke all records by finishing in just 1 year and was now the vice-captain of the 5th division. 

From this, one could understand how shocking Gojo's questions of finishing in just 6 months had been. 

Like all rumors, just a few hours after the end of the class, all the students and the teaching class were in the know, causing various reactions. From mocking to thoughtful. 

---

Meanwhile, Gojo, the source of this uproar couldn't care less about this. 

In reality, he didn't even plan to take 6 months to finish this school. 

The main reason he joined the academy wasn't to learn but to obtain information, knowledge, and power. 

What's more, it wasn't just a question of arrogance. 

Gojo wasn't new to this kind of organization and he understood perfectly how they worked. 

What they needed the most were powerhouses. The more talent you showed the more resources would be put at your disposal. 

Of course, such displays would also bring him some trouble and enemies. But why would he care? 

That's why, after the end of the class and once he found his room, he didn't follow Momo and the other to explore the campus but rather rushed towards the temple of all knowledge – The library. 

-----

[Shin'o Academy; Library] 

The library of the academy was like any other library in his world. Although there were more scrolls than true books, it wasn't much of a problem for him as he was used to reading both.

It had already been a few hours since Gojo sat alone in a corner of the library, and currently, on the table he reserved, a veritable mountain of books could be seen. 

Clearly, even in the world of the Dead, the library was one of the less used areas for students. 

It would have been the same for him if not for his urgent need for knowledge. 

Initially, he had been refused the entry because he still didn't have a card and there was a limit to the number of books a first-year student could take, but this is where his handsome appearance played its role. 

A few gentle words, some teasing, and a promise of a date later were all he needed to convince the six-year student working in the library to lend him her own access account. 

Thinking about the rather beautiful-looking girl who most likely has the age of his great grandmother, Gojo gave a hollow laugh. 

This was something he had to become used to. 

After all, people here talked about events that happened a hundred years ago as if they had just happened one year ago. 

What's more, it has been quite some time since he had been in the company of the fairer sex.

 For him, Momo didn't count. The fact that she was older than him did not matter. In his eyes, she was more of a cute sister than a possible partner. 

'Well, I can satisfy my primal urge later. Now, I gotta focus on the important matters.'

Even though he had to pay the price with a terrible headache, his hours of studying had been quite fruitful, and he had managed to at least close the gap in some of his basic knowledge. 

The first was that he had already decided which division he would endeavor to join at all costs. 

After all, even if he managed to recreate Limitless, he could only use the full might of that power on the condition of possessing a healing technique that could heal the damage on his brain from the use of limitless. 

"This is getting hard. To be able to use limitless again, I need to first understand the use of Reiryoku."

He mumbled with frustration. 

When he was alive, he had been naturally born with the power of Limitless so it had never really been a problem. 

But here it was more complicated. 

But this didn't matter. After all, before becoming an Inherited technique of the Gojo clan, Limitless had been a cursed technique created by his ancestor Michizane Sugawara. 

Inherited techniques were techniques passed through the bloodlines of sorcerer families. 

It was this work from generation after generation that allowed a technique that could only be learned externally at first to become basically innate.

Out of all those techniques, the Limitless, while not being the most unpredictable or even the most dangerous, was one of the strongest.

The reason why Gojo, despite his pride, didn't see Limitless as the strongest technique was because all by itself, Limitless was nothing more than a slightly troublesome defensive technique through the neutral phase, Infinity. 

After all, because of all the calculations necessary, Infinity was basically useless most of the time.

Limitless alone was an incomplete technique. It could only bring its full power when used with the six eyes.

The worst was that even with the six eyes, this technique still had glaring flaws. 

Gojo's head throbbed when he remembered how he nearly died under the blade of Megumi's father, Toji Fushiguro.

If back then, he didn't complete the reverse cursed technique and learned how to heal himself through this, or if Toji had pushed the blade a little deeper in his brain, he would have been a goner.

Resting his feet on the table, Gojo slightly inclined his chair and began to think about his future actions.

"Haste makes waste. Let's use the first week to acclimate myself to the school while learning more about Kido in my spare time."

Sadly, students, even 6th-year ones, could only learn up to the Kido numbered 60. Both in Hado or Bakudo. 

For Kaido the records were basically non-existent. 

This was another reason why he had to graduate fast. 

Once he had some grasp on Kido, the most important thing was to see if he could use cursed techniques.

After all, Limitless stood at the pinnacle of all cursed techniques in terms of complexity. 

If he couldn't even re-create common cursed techniques, wouldn't it be a joke to succeed with Limitless?

"Haha, just thinking about this is funny. Perhaps I could become like that Kisuke guy and create my own department?"

Thinking about how he could perhaps create his own jujutsu high school, his heart began to beat wildly in his chest, "Yeah, let's do this. I will become the first sorcerer of the soul society."

---

(AN: And bam. Title drop at the end. Also, I just remarked that I made a mistake in the name of Gojo eyes. It isn't Rokugan, but Rikugan. Too lazy to correct all previous chapters so I will just take that into account from now on.)

(E/N: I was equally as clueless.) 

247