CH 28: I WANT TO PUNCH HIM
6.7k 13 261
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Human world, Naruki City.]

Standing in the middle of a horde of hollows, Gojo did not feel an ounce of fear. 

For as long as he remembered, he had never feared something as trifling as death. 

Taking off his blindfold completely, his eyes began to shine as if they were jewels. 

"It's time to take this a little more seriously."

At that moment, an overpowering aura began to emanate from him while covering the hollows completely. 

His Reiastu, that should have been blue, began to take a black hue as lightning formed around him. 

*Biri Biri Biri*

<<Black flash>>

BOOM!!! 

Before those mindless hollows could even understand what was happening, one of them was kicked away and propelled a few meters in the sky before landing with a thud. 

Its mask was already showing cracks and its aura was so chaotic that it couldn't move properly anymore. 

Still, even though it was incredible, "Tch! I wanted to end them in one hit."

He felt incredibly displeased to see that hollow surviving. 

<<Shunpo>>

Breaking the sound barrier, he avoided a hit from behind and appeared at the top the one who tried to take him down. 

"Hello!"

When the Hollow tried to raise its head, 

"Bye-bye!" 

Gojo brought down his fist. 

BOOM!!! 

This time he held nothing back and was satisfied at the view of the mask completely breaking off under his fist. 

"Haha~! Now we are talking!"

Destroying that hollow had been so exhilarating. How could he stop now?

ROAR!! 

The hollows seemed to go mad. 

All this while, it has been them terrorizing shinigami. 

Looking at the hollow that forgoed all defense and punched towards him, Gojo yawned. 

It was so slow in his eyes. He could already see how to avoid it and kill that hollow in one blow. 

But then, this fight was for him to practice, right? 

Pushing his hands together, he murmured, 

<<Bakudo #39: Enkosen>>

Stretching his right hand, a shield made of light appeared between him and the hollow, completely negating the impact of the shock. 

Not wishing to waste any more time on it, Gojo continued, 

<<Hado #31: Shakkaho>>

A red beam flashed and evaporated the upper half of the body of the hollow. 

Even though a Hado in the 30's was nothing much, in the hand of someone like Gojo, it was just a perfect weapon of destruction. 

For an instant, Gojo felt as if he was once again on earth, using the cursed technique, red. But he knew that they just looked alike. 

Sighing, he took out his sword and, gathering lightning on it, slashed. 

*Swoosh*

Another hollow was immediately cut in two from head to toe. 

Shaking his head, he began to count, "3, 6, 8, 12...20. Only 20 of you guys remain. *Sigh* Try to entertain me more at least, okay?" 

Some of the hollows began to take a step back. 

In their long life, it was the first time in a long while they had felt such a deep fear when facing another being. 

Unable to take it, all of them backed away before flying away at full speed in directions. 

Standing on the ground and looking at this scene, Gojo could only widen his eyes in surprise, "Heh? For real?" 

He had been so sure that those hollows were nothing more than mindless beasts that he did not even think of the possibility of them running away. 

And flying? 

Gojo frowned. He knew that in the human world where the Reishi particles were looser, they basically create a 'ground' for them to 'walk' or 'run' on in the sky. 

But since it was close to impossible in the soul society, he had never seen anyone do it and it couldn't be taught to first-year students either. 

What's more, looking around him, he could only see utter devastation. 

Thankfully it was an inhabited zone so there were no victims. But still, he could only scratch his head in embarrassment. 

"Whoever you are, could you get out please?" 

"Oh? You managed to find me?" 

'This sentence seems so familiar.'

Looking at the intruder, he smiled, "Heh, a talking cat, is it?" 

He didn't seem particularly surprised, something the cat remarked, "It's the first time someone wasn’t shocked at my appearance."

"Haha. Sorry, but I have seen things way more surprising."

His previous teacher had a walking and talking plushly. 

Compared to that, a talking cat was nothing that outlandish. 

Even though the said cat seemed to hide an insane amount of power. 

"So, mister cat. Why were you spying on me?" 

The cat didn't answer but rather looked pointedly at him. 

The distance between the shop and this place might be large, but for someone like it who could move at supersonic speed, it was nothing. 

As such, it had been able to observe the fight from the beginning. 

'What the hell are they teaching students at the academy nowadays?' 

If the one fighting had been a Vice-Captain or a Captain, then it wouldn't have been surprised. 

But a student? 

It suddenly began to doubt life, 

"Did the soul society grow so much in just 60 years?" 

"Hah? So you are related to the shinigami? As for your question. Let me correct you on one thing."

Smiling, with his eyes full of confidence he enunciated slowly, 

"I don't know how the soul society was 60 years ago or whatever. But, in this world–I am unique."

Looking at this smug face, all feelings of awe vanished from the cat's mind and one thought replaced it. 

'I want to punch him.'

261