CH 33: GRADUATING
6.4k 7 232
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the short episode with Rukia, three days went past. 

Renji clearly became a little more withdrawn, but at the same time, far more motivated. 

It seemed that no matter the world, love could make men work far more harder. 

Meanwhile, after Gojo made a full report about the situation and also mentioned the two silhouettes, the professors judged that it should be two powerful Menos.

Of course, Gojo wasn't stupid enough to mention his suspicions about those two being Shinigami. 

As one of the higher-ups in the Jujutsu world, Gojo knew that people standing at the top had the bad habit of immediately executing anyone who could disturb their orders. 

As he was now, Gojo wasn't powerful enough and he didn't wish to poke the hornet's nest and enter some deep whirlpools of plots and machinations. 

For all he knew, the culprits could be captains or some nobles at the same level.

Toshiro had already left the healing quarters and was told to recuperate at school for about a week. 

What's more, since it was known that he had already reached the level of Shikai, some divisions had already begun to send him invitations. 

Right now, all he needed was to reach Practitioner rank in Kido and he could graduate. 

With his learning speed, Gojo knew that it wouldn't take long for Toshiro to do so. 

As of now though, the one about to graduate was none other than Gojo. 

He had already learned everything he wished to learn from the academy and staying longer was just a waste of time. 

He could feel the smell of conspiracy in the air. As such, while he was already comparable to a vice-captain, it simply wasn't enough. 

The problem though was that he was hesitant about which division he should join. 

He was mainly hesitating between the 2nd division who had the secret force, the 4th division with the healing squad and finally the 12th division with the research center. 

Initially, the 12th division wasn't one of his goals and he had pretty much decided for the 4th division. 

But, after understanding that the secret of getting back Limitless could be in studying the Dangai, he began to waver. 

After all, the reason he wanted to learn healing Kido was to obtain the ability to keep Limitless constantly activated. 

'Well, it's decided.'

---

The graduation exam wasn't just a practical one, but also a theoretical one.

The written exam was about things like general knowledge, History, law and so on.

It was a pretty complex exam usually, and with Gojo not really being the favorite student, the difficulty increased.

Still, at the end of the day, it didn't change anything for him. He was already prepared and could have taken this test with his eyes closed.

Once this was done, it was the turn of the Zankensoki. 

One simply needed to reach the threshold and pass. The only difference was that the test would change depending on which division you wished to join.

There, Gojo made his choice and announced the 4th division.

If he had to be honest, the 12th division really appealed to him, but he knew that there was no way he would be assigned the right for his own research as a newbie.

What's more, he didn't wish for people to learn about his research.

After all, research on space-time technique was banned in the soul society and the punishment was death.

Because of this, the 12th division was under heavy scrutiny by all the higher-ups.

Once the choice of the division was made, they explained that now that his grades in zanjutsu, Hoho and Hakuda would be less important, while the one in Kido, more precisely bakudo would be more important.

What's more, he would have to take a second written test about Biology and Anatomy.

If the written exams had been a walk in the park, then the practical one was just a piece of cake.

Even though he didn't awaken his Shikai, he easily beat the examiner thanks to his speed and skills. 

The same happened with the Hakuda examiner, and this time, he didn't even have to use Black Flash.

During the Hoho test, which consisted of an obstacle course, he broke a new record.

For the kido test, he blew the mind of the examiners away when he used a bunch of Kido in the #50 without any problems.

Finally, he only used 30 minutes out of the 3 hours allocated for biology and anatomy. 

Even without waiting for the results, Gojo already knew that he had succeeded.

Smiling, he waved his hand at the instructors as he left the scene.

And as he thought, after the examiner reviewed his results, they were dismayed to find that there was nothing they could do.

On that day, Gojo beat all the records established in the school as he graduated with perfect marks just one month after entering the academy.

Everyone, be it the students, the teachers, or even the official shinigami who heard the news couldn't help but wonder how such a monster came to be.

On that day...G ojo finally got rid of his status as a student.

(AN this is the second last chapter of this volume. Next one is epilogue 2. Then vol 3.)

232