CH 55: NEMU (1)
6k 8 220
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Gojo proposed to join the team, they had decided to meet tomorrow during the night.

Since they knew that Gojo was someone who should be equal to a captain in terms of power, they had decided to use the occasion to bring some recruits into the teams in order to help them broaden their experience.

After all, variants were becoming a problem that needed to be dealt with.

Normally, divisions did not interact with each other when it came to simple missions, only in times of wars, would the whole Gotei 13 work together.

The only exceptions in normal times were the healing departments and secret forces when the problem was in the Soul Society.

Meanwhile, if the problem was on earth, the Kido corps would appear to open a Senkaimon with the right coordinate or send a message with the hell butterflies. Meanwhile, the Scientific department would freeze the space in the given zone, or outright create an alternate space.

The longer he lived here, the more surprised Gojo was at the soul society.

One moment they would show technologies that didn’t even appear in his time, then the next they would show backward rules or systems.

During his fight with the Gillians, he had been surprised to see that he was being observed by what looked like hidden cameras.

Of course, he also believed that they were unable to capture how magnificent he was, and as such struck some interesting poses.

“What was that girl called? Nemu, was it?”

Gojo wasn’t just interested in her because she was a beautiful and voluptuous woman. What really interested him was none other than her constitution.

No matter how he looked at her, he had the impression that he was facing a doll. 

It didn’t help that her body seemed defective and her soul broken.

Gojo had only seen such a thing a few times when doing a mission on earth,

“An artificial or a modified soul and an artificial body.”

In the soul society, when Shinigamis went on earth for extended missions, they were given a Gigai or artificial body and Gikon or artificial soul.

The difference between an artificial and a modified soul was pretty subtle.

Gikons could be compared to simple AI installed in the fake body with preset commands. They had no personalities and could not act outside of the commands given.

Modified Souls, meanwhile, were of superior level, since they had their own thoughts and their own personalities. 

It was even possible for them to possess a normal human body and live a normal life, grow, fall in love and die. In a way, they were no different from normal souls.

It was because of this that the project had been canceled by the order of the central 46. For ‘ethical reasons.’

“Ethical my ass.”

Gojo would rather die once again than believe that there was anything ethical about those bastards

Most likely, they were just frightened by the potential of mod-souls and decided to protect their asses.

Murmuring like that, he finally reached his quarter.

Over the years, since he had jumped in grade, the house he lived in had greatly changed.

Entering his home and taking a look at the wide but spacious living room,

“Man, the house is so big now. I might need a maid.”

As soon as he finished, a shadow seemed to jump toward him, while a knife, bathed in a purple liquid, streaked toward his throat.

Even though the situation seemed so dangerous, a smile formed on Gojo face, 

“Just when I needed a maid.”

Everything happened in a flash.

Before the assailant could even understand what happened, all the shadows in the room stretched before swallowing her.

In an instant, all traces of a possible attack vanished.

Gojo took off his blindfold while sighing,

“The skills of those Quincys are so useful. I really wonder how they lost.”

From what he has heard, the golden age of the Gotei 13 had been during its creation.

All the first-generation captains were criminals who were not far from Unohana level.

This was one of the reasons why Quincy lost the first war against the shinigami despite all the advantages they had in a world filled with Reishi like the soul society.

The skill he had just used was called Shadow. A skill only a select few Quincy were able to use, even during the war 900 years ago.

“Well, then, let’s see what that girl from the 12th division wanted with me.”

Despite her disguise, for Gojo who did not care about the external appearance of those around him, how could he confuse her for anyone?

Though, it was surprising for the 12th division to try to murder him.

“Well. Well. Well. It seems like some torture is in order.”

Giving a faint smile, the shadows under his feet grew before slowly swallowing him.

If anyone had been present while knowing about Gojo’s Shikai, they would have been surprised by one detail.

In the soul society, it was impossible for a shinigami to use the power of their Shikai without calling the name and reciting the incantation.

There was only one exception–That person had to have reached the Bankai.


You love this story? You want to be ahead of the others? Want to support me? Take a look at my patreon. I upgraded my patreon once again. You can get up to 17 advanced chapters of SHK(Basically being more than one month ahead of everyone.) As well as 17 chapters of my new fic. Called Gojo: A Sorcerer in the soul society.


https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji


Here my discord


Discord.gg/HikaruNovels.—>>Here the link of my discord.

220