CH 56: NEMU (2)
6.1k 9 232
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Soul Society; Unknown location]

"So, let me get this straight."

In a cavern, Gojo sat facing a beautiful black-haired woman who was bound in the air by chains of Reishi.

This cavern was a sort of safe house he had created over the years. After all, a smart rabbit always had three burrows.

As for the woman dangling in the air, Gojo easily recognized her. Nemu Kurotsuchi. Vice-captain of the 12th division.

The fact that her panties showed a little from her mini-kimono and that the way the chains bound her weirdly looked like BDSM as it crawled around her breasts was nothing more than a coincidence.

Gojo was a gentleman after all. 

“You weren't trying to kill me. Your captain ordered you to seduce me. But since you had no knowledge in this kind of matter, you decided that the best way was to knock me out with the poison on that dagger and drag me in my room. Have the deed done, then make me take responsibility? Am I right?”

“Yes.”

Gojo couldn't help but facepalm.

‘What the hell?’

Honestly, he had been ready to kill the intruder after torturing her to know who was the culprit.

When it came to matters of life and death, Gojo knew he was no gentleman. Underestimating women was a ticket to sure death.

After all, even in his world, one of the four special grade sorcerers was a woman. There were also women like Maki, who after the death of her sister, Mai, was able to manifest the full might of her heavenly restriction and massacred the entire Zen'in family.

Meanwhile, in this world, you had women like Unohana who could make grown men piss themselves in fright just by releasing her bloodlust.

So, no. Gojo never looked down on women.

This was also why he had used his shadow without reservation.

After all, the dead tell no tales.

From the perspective of the Soul society and what he has shown, he could only use basic skills of Quincy. Skills such as absorbing Reishi to create weapons and so on.

They did not know that he was able to do much more.

One of the reasons he did that was of course to not make the central 46 wary of him. But there was also another and far more important reason.

Space/time Kido were forbidden in the Soul Society.

Of course, once again, the punishment for the transgression was death.

For once, Gojo really understood why they had to set such a law.

He knew for example that his shadow skill could even potentially allow him to travel to and from the Hueco Mundo.

For example, he could bring an entire army of hollows into the soul society if he was willing to.

Or he could enter the deepest level of Muken and free the prisoners.

In short, there were many ways for him to fuck up the Soul society with space manipulation. This was why it was forbidden.

Of course, it was possible to argue that this was his Zanpakuto skill and not just a Kido spell. So, in theory, he had not broken the law.

But he was pretty sure that this wouldn’t matter to the higher ups.

Gojo knew that there were some gadgets that could help erase the memory of people in this world. But such gadgets only worked on humans.

This means that he only had two ways, 

‘Should I just kill her?’

His eyes became cold as he looked at her.

He had no particular qualms about killing her. Though it would be a shame to kill such a beautiful woman, it wouldn’t disturb him at all.

But, killing her just because of the chance of his secret being leaked? How could he fall so low?

He was in no way afraid of his secret being leaked, he just didn’t want to deal with troubles.

A smile formed on his face.

‘So what if they find out? At most, I will just leave.’

There was literally nowhere he couldn’t go. In fact, if he had to be honest, all he lacked was an excuse to leave. He did not have much to learn from the Soul society after all.

Though it would be a shame to lose his friends and the occasion to read at the library.

“You are lucky. I am in a good mood today.”

“You are not going to kill me...?”

Gojo, who was about to activate his shadow and send her away, stopped.

He looked at her face once more.

He saw no relief at the notion of being left alive and though she did show fear when he briefly released his killing intent, now that he thought about it, this didn’t seem like she really feared death itself.

“You do not seem happy. Why is that?”

Gojo asked curiously. He had honestly always viewed her as a kind of robot or android, but it seemed that he had to reconsider.

“...I have failed...I guess Mayuri-sama will be disappointed…”

Regret flashed on her face. An emotion even stronger than the fear of death she had previously shown.

“So for you, disappointing that crazy bastard is worse than dying.”

She seemed to hesitate as if she could not find the words to explain herself,

“I do not know...It’s just that...When I thought of disappointing Mayuri-sama, I felt sad.”

‘Did he put some mind control in her during her creation? Or is it a form of Stockholm syndrome?’

From what he knew, Nemu was not particularly well treated by her captain.

He did not know to what extent it went, but he was pretty sure that it went beyond verbal abuse.

After all, 

‘Her body is a mess.’

He wasn’t talking about something like wounds or proof of beatings. 

It was something much worse. Something he could not explain.

“Drugs, poisons, and a bunch of unknown things. I do not know how he stored them in you. But you are basically a walking bio-chemical weapon.”

Nemu flinched before simply falling silent.

Sighing, Gojo scratched his head, and slowly lowered her down before taking away the chain binding her, 

“Man, I really have a thing for lost kittens.”

Pictures of Megumi flashed in his mind when he looked at her. It was hard to say who had the shittiest father between the two.

Walking in her direction, he stopped just a few centimeters away from her and peered down at her.

One of the advantages of being tall was that you could basically look down on everyone.

“Bring me to the 12th division. I need to have a little discussion with your father.”

Nemu took a step back, and asked with suspicion on her face, 

“Are you going to fight?”

“Fight? Oh, no. God preserve us. I promise you that there will be no fight.”

Gojo wasn’t lying. 

After all, how could a one-sided beatdown be called a fight?

232