CH 74: LUCKY!!
5k 7 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end, he was indeed forced to pay a fine. 

His attack wasn't radioactive like a true nuclear bomb, but it was quite unfriendly for a Reishi-filled environment. 

In a way, the moment the lance reached its target, the explosion would feed on the Reishi in the surrounding area to grow progressively stronger. 

Simply put, he didn't destroy the surroundings. He erased them.

Even now, three days later, the place where his explosion went off was still forbidden for civilians of the Rukongai. 

Because of this, not only was he docked 3 years of salary, he had been forbidden from ever using that technique in Soul Society. 

He had also been forbidden from fighting against any captains or vice captains. 

The central 46 had decided to give him the same restrictions as a 1st or 2nd seat and from now on, like them, if he entered the human world he would receive a seal and see his strength restricted to simply 20%.

For once, Gojo had nothing to say against these measures. 

Aside from during a great emergency, all captains and vice-captains received this seal when they entered the human world. It was a necessary measure because people at their level could negatively affect the world with their spiritual pressure alone. 

Of course, with his perfect control this wasn't really a problem. But he didn't wish to debate uselessly. Worst case scenario, he would just break the seal himself if it was necessary. 

Thankfully, this event wasn't only filled with negative results. 

Before, when rumors of him gunning for the position of captain had spread, not many were supportive. After all, they thought that he was at most equal to a very powerful vice-captain. 

But now the voices doubting him had lowered greatly. 

At the end of the day, no matter how they tried to hide it by acting like gentlemen, the Gotei 13 was a place where the strong was respected. 

As for Isshin and Jushiro, they had already agreed to support him during the vote. 

Thankfully, he wasn't the only one who had his salary suspended. 

The same happened to all the people present at the scene. 

Thinking about the distressed faces of Rangiku and Isshin, Gojo couldn't help but laugh. 

"So, you are still in the mood to laugh?"

"Heh, Momo! How have you been? As for the mood to laugh? Trust me, even in death I would not hesitate to laugh."

Gojo smiled as he turned toward the source of the voice.

Opening his arms wide, he grinned as Momo hesitated a little before hugging. 

"Haha. Let me look at you. Well, it seems like you became way stronger. The Kido Corps is treating you well, I hope?"

Once they separated, Gojo sized Momo up and down as he commented. 

Over the years, Momo had not changed much, physically speaking. But the aura around her had become far sharper. 

She was wearing a short white kimono with wide sleeves and had tied her hair into twin tails. 

Normally, in the Kido corps, all the normal members wore standard uniforms that hid their faces. 

Meanwhile, those who had reached a higher rank or showed promise had more freedom in the way they dressed. 

Momo blushed a little at the praise as she murmured, "I have worked hard."

"Indeed." Gojo patted her head gently, "Good job."

She beamed at him before asking, "Could you introduce me to your friend?" 

Gojo nodded, "Look at me, I nearly forgot. Momo, Nemu, vice-captain of the 12th division. Nemu, Momo, a member of the Kido corps and a friend of mine and the-"

""Hello.""

The two of them bowed in greeting. 

Momo was not particularly surprised to see a beautiful woman following behind Gojo. She was already used to such sights. 

This was why she changed topics and asked what really interested her. 

"Why do you think we were called?" 

Currently, they were in the office of the 2nd division after receiving a summon from the captain's hell butterfly. 

No matter how close that woman was to Gojo, it was impossible for someone unrelated to join in such a discussion.

This means that the 2nd division, or more precisely the Secret force, had called for the Healing division and the Kido corps. 

Gojo shrugged, "Don't know. My captain had tried to ask but all she received was silence. Basically our departments have been asked to send their best members below Captain rank."

Speaking of which, he was rather surprised that Momo was the one to come. 

As if she could understand his thoughts, Momo shook her head, "I have just been sent as a representative of the representative in a way. The vice-Kido chief, the one who should have come, is my teacher."

"I see."

"Well, I believe everyone is here."

Their discussion was interrupted when the door was suddenly opened by Soi Fon.

Sweeping the place with her eyes, she gave a nod and took place on the throne-like chair situated on a podium. 

"I believe introductions are unnecessary, but even so, I am Soi Fon, captain of the 2nd and the commander in chief of the secret force. I have recently contacted the highest authorities in the 4th and 12th division as well as the Kido corps because of a top-secret mission I received from Central 46."

Soi Fon did not waste time as she began to explain the gist of the matter. 

Momo showed an uncomfortable expression when the order of total annihilation was mentioned, but she did not protest. 

She understood very well that any such protest would fall on deaf ears.

Once Soi Fon finished her explanation, Gojo asked, 

"So let me repeat. Our targets are hidden in one of the dimensions outside of the Humans world, Hueco Mundo or the Soul Society. Most likely, the valley of screams[1]."

"Indeed. Valley of screams are pocket dimensions created from the accumulation of souls that got lost in the way between the human world and the Soul society. Our targets most likely hid in one of them after being exiled from the Soul society."

"Heh, and to find them we need to search through the Dangai, is that it?"

"Yes. Why are you making me repeat myself?"

"Hahaha, sorry, sorry! I just wanted to confirm."

Gojo laughed lightly while trying to hide his true feelings.

'Lucky!"

It seemed that it was time to test his theory about Dangai being the solution for creating Limitless.

If this failed, then he would have no other choice than to enter Hueco Mundo.

Either way, this promised to be interesting.

[1]: Valleys of screams were first introduced in the film Memory of nobody. Even though the film isn't Canon, the valleys were once again introduced in Bleach during the blood war. So the valley of screams became Canon. The same happened with the hell movie and now the hell chapter. I wonder if the two other films will also  have elements that become Canon. I hope not. 

(AN: For those curious. Gojo finally used his bankai in the latest chapters. Join my Pa.treon if you are curious. Patreon.com/HikaruGenji )

193