CH 75: DID YOU SAY, FESTIVAL?
5.2k 6 181
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the reunion was finished, Momo hurriedly left to go make her report.

The operation would happen in one week once all the preparations were finalized.

Since they would have to travel through the Dangai and most likely Garganta, using Shinigami below the level of 3rd seat or at least vice-captain would be simply a waste of time. 

Despite this, be it to open a special Senkaimon that directly lead to Dangai or stopping the activity in the Dangai itself, they would need at least one complete squad of both the Kido corps and the science department. The healing department would also send a squad to act as support.

In the end, the main force would be Soi Fon, and the other high-ranked member of the Secret force, as well as Gojo.

For Gojo, this operation held a completely different meaning than simply killing some exiled nobles who were up to mischief.

It meant a high chance of getting a hint toward the creation of Limitless ---           or something much more.

Creating a technique from nothing was extremely hard.

One of the reasons he managed to recreate his Domain expansion: Infinite void, was mainly because he had access to books and information about the creation of barriers in this world.

Since domain expansion was in reality nothing more than the highest form of barrier manipulation, he had been able to extrapolate and create his own blend. Though, its effects were far more savage.

Now here was the problem. All research about space and time were forbidden in Soul Society, with death being the punishment.

The very few archives about those topics were sealed deep in the library of the Central 46.

Gojo was the kind of man who refused to put all his eggs in one basket. He had different ways to reach his goal, and if everything else failed, he would simply flip the entire table.

Some may call him a rogue, but he believed that he was merely realistic.

The Dangai was a place where time was disturbed to the highest degree. He really hoped that the search would yield sufficient results.

---

When Gojo went back to his home with Nemu following him, he was once again surprised by how obedient she was.

During this week together, he had, many times, thought about making her wear a maid uniform.

Sadly, the maid culture, as in the one in Japan, was only born in 2001. Currently, the only kind of maids known were European ones, and he really wasn't attracted by those uniforms that covered their whole bodies.

Not to mention, it would be quite provocative for a vice-captain to wear white and black. The poor girl was traumatized enough as it was. There was no need to sprinkle salt on the already existing wounds.

He also knew that rumors about him being in a relationship with Nemu were already sprouting, but he honestly did not care.

If it did not affect his interests, he did not really care about how the world saw him. Be it a hero or a scoundrel, he would always live in the way that pleased him and brought him the greatest amount of fun. 

He was brought back from his thoughts when he saw a steaming cup of tea placed in front of him. Trailing the fair hands that were holding it, Gojo's gaze slowly stopped on an impressive bust before raising further and crossing gazes with the beautiful but melancholic woman.

Even though she was a woman of few words, her inquisitive eyes were scanning him while holding an unspoken question. 

Smiling, he took the tea from her hand and took a leisurely sip, 

"Delicious tea. How was it made?"

Not only was the tea good, but he could also taste a large amount of honey in it, making this brew sweet, much in line to his preferences.

"The tea leaves were gifted by vice-captain Isane Kotetsu during one of your absences."

"Heh, I really like this woman. I guess after one thousand years of serving tea to Unohana she found her own way."

He chuckled a little as he said so.

Sometimes, he even wondered if he was acting in too much hurry.

His lifespan could only be counted in the thousands. At this level, ten, fifty, or even two hundred years would mean nothing.

Why did he have to rush so fast to get power?

But every time such thoughts appeared, he would mock it in disdain.

The reason Isane could enjoy brewing tea for more than one thousand years was that she had someone powerful enough to support her and she was quite strong herself.

Meanwhile, every day, many shinigamis died during their fights against Hollows.

At the end of the day, what mattered was personal power.

It is said that being at the top is lonely.

For Gojo, who once reigned at the top of the Jujutsu world, he understood this truth better than anyone.

When you became too strong, you had no equal and no one to share your worries with. You would either be looked up at with reverence, or regarded with fear.

But, between being alone at the top of the food chain, or having a bunch of friends you could lose at any moment because you were too weak...he obviously liked the former option more.

What's more, this time, even if he once again managed to reach the top, he wouldn't be alone, would he? 

[You're damn right.]

The voice of Kogo soothed his heart. Having someone who understood everything about you and that you could trust from the bottom of your heart was a rather nice feeling.

Thanks to Kogo's words and the good tea, Gojo was more relaxed than ever and suddenly asked, 

"Now that I think about it, in two days, it will be Obon, right?"

Nemu tilted her head at the sudden question before searching through her memory and answered shortly, 

"Indeed."

Gojo smiled. When they had visited the Shiba, both the eldest sister and the youngest brother had been absent. It seemed that they had been busy preparing for a festival. 

From what he knew of the Shiba family, they specialized in fireworks and they always organized that party.

Obon was also known as the festival of the dead. In Japan, it happened every year, but here, it only happened every ten years, in the first few districts of the Rukongai.

'Souls of the deceased, participating in the festival of the dead, heh, how could I miss it?'

"Hey, Nemu." Sizing her up and down, he asked, "Do you have a Kimono or a yukata? Other than your uniform, I mean."

Looking at her blank expression, Gojo's lips curled into a smile of anticipation. This festival promised to be a very interesting day.

(AN: Time for a little festival arc before the serious things start. Welp, now I need to find a good Kimono design.

You can get up to 36 advanced chapters, 18 of SHK and 18 of Gojo. 

Tier 1: 4 chapters 

Tier 2: 11 chapters 

Tier 3: 13 chapters 

Legend: 16 chapters of SHK and 16 of Gojo+ illustrations of SHK 

Overlord: 18 of SHK and 18 of Gojo+ illustrations. Can also ask or vote for special chapters once each month. 

Supre me: Same benefits as overlord+ right to ask for the creation of an OC(Name/Gender /Race/Power) that will be added to the story. 

https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji) 

181