CH 78: ISE CLAN
5.5k 8 174
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the episode with the jewel, Gojo could feel that Nemu's mood had drastically improved. Even though she was still walking behind him, the distance was not particularly wide. Sometimes, he could also see her lips curl up slightly.

Clearly, the gift he gave her was really to her taste.

Gojo was not the kind of person to half-ass what he ought to do.

Initially, Nemu had nothing to do with him and it would have been fine to continue like this. But, since he decided to take care of her, he would go all the way. It didn’t matter what would happen.

The greatest despair wasn’t born from the lack of hope, but rather when a flicker of hope bloomed in your heart, only to be smashed apart in front of your helpless eyes.

While he was thinking, “Gojo!”

The voice of a man sounded not far from him, someone he easily recognized.

“Hello, Kaien. The festival you have organized is pretty well done.”

“Ain’t it!?”

Kaien gave a boyish smile as he nodded to Nemu. He knew that the girl was a little shy and reclusive, so he didn't wish to bother her too much, “My little bro Ganju is taking care of the south Rukongai. Kukaku is taking care of the east. Isshin is in the north. So, here I am.”

“Heh, so you are the only house taking care of everything?”

“Nah!”

The three of them began to walk in another direction, far from the stalls, 

“The Shiba house wasn’t always a bottom rung, you know? We were pretty high up. Though stuff happened and well, here we are. Even so, for the festival, we have other minor houses’ help. For example, the Ukitake house is helping us here. The Omaeda clan also help, though ugh.”

“Hahaha! Yeah, they are a pretty weird bunch.”

The Omaeda clan was another house affiliated with the Shihoin, like the Fon clan. The difference, though, lay in the fact that while the Fon worked as the guardians and assassins, the Omaeda worked as the merchants.

This made them one of the richest families below the four great clans. But they had the problem of looking down on the poor.

The first time he met Marechiyo Omaeda, vice-captain of the 2nd division, the meeting ended with Marechiyo being sent to the 4th division for healing.

Of course, Gojo was a pacifist. He did not like violence. As such, Marechiyo only suffered through some minor concussions.

The two of them continued to discuss like this as they advanced further away.

His relationship with Kaien had been simply cordial in the past but since the day he saved Rukia and indirectly, his wife, the two of them had been pretty close.

Once he got to know him better, Gojo had to admit that this man made him think of Yuji quite a bit. Of course, there was some difference here and there, but that was it.

‘I should really stop judging people by comparing them to my old world.’

Gojo knew that he was developing a nasty habit. But at the same time, it wasn’t his fault if so many people he met had similar personalities to those he knew back when he was alive.

After walking a while, they finally reached a clearing where a giant cannon could be seen. 

The cannon could easily reach 2 meters in length and was pointed toward the sky.

Beaming with pride, Kaien spoke, “Our family specializes in fireworks. It might be a humble job, but it’s an honest and respectable one. Out of us all, Kukaku is the most skilled in that craft. She is the one who did the calculations for the creation of those babies.

Anyway, *Ahem* See that hill over there? Could you please go there? It will be the ideal spot. Also, Miss Nemu, could you accompany Miyako? We plan to have a bonfire after the festival reaches its end.”

Nemu tilted her head before looking at Gojo silently, 

“Go help them.”

He gave his ascent at her silent question and then looked at the hill thoughtfully. He briefly wondered if he should use his eyes to see clearly what or who was there but finally decided against doing so. Whatever surprise they had in store for him, it wouldn’t be interesting if he spoiled himself beforehand.

“Well, I am going.”

Ignoring Kaien's bad acting, he began to walk toward the hill that had been pointed.

He could have rushed, but he had no reason to. Even so, it only took him a few short minutes to finally reach his target.

“What a beautiful night. Right, Nanao?”

Standing close to a tree, clad in a night blue traditional Kimono, Nanao calmly swept a strand of hair before turning to face him.

“How have you been?”

Gojo gave a stiff smile. He had an inkling of what was about to happen, but for once, he hoped that he was wrong.

if you want more and for free come to my site or CH 79: ISE CLAN (2

 

174