CH 151: LEGEND OF A KING
2.3k 7 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For Masaki Kurosaki, today was a weird day.

Not only did she get remonstrated by her guardian, the leader of the Ishida Family, because of her unkempt clothes and manners.

Because of this, a day that should have gone smoothly was already off the rails from the start.

To make up for it, she decided to forgo the car today since for her, running by herself was definitely faster than simply sitting in a car.

After all, Masaki was no normal human. She was what people called Quincy.

More precisely, she was an Echt Quincy [1] , one of the few rares remaining.

Furthermore, while she was pretty unskilled when it came to certain basic skills of Quincys, when it came to her physical skills such as [Blut] [2] and [Hirenkyaku], she was pretty confident in herself.

Still, just as she reached school, she nearly crashed into a beautiful young girl that was about her age.

For Masaki who was moving at high speed, if they really crashed, the opposite girl would have been reduced to meat paste on the ground. 

Just thinking about this horror vision made Masaki shudder in fright. She could never forgive herself if someone lost her life because of her own carelessness.

Even as she bowed and apologized, Masaki couldn't help but be a little lost. Such a situation shouldn't have happened to her since she always kept her senses fully open when running at high speed.

However, she only managed to feel the girl just as she saw her.

'I should really train more.'

It was while thinking like this that the two girls introduced each other and went to class together.

The rest of the class was pretty standard aside from the fact that Masaki found out that she was in the same classroom as the girl she nearly crashed into, Senna Gojo.

Even for Masaki who didn't really care about such a thing, the Gojo name was quite renowned and Senna should be related to the Mysterious Satoru Gojo. 

Anyone in her place would have tried their best to fawn over Senna and this did happen in the class since everyone tried to speak with her.

However, this identity of hers didn't really impress Masaki. 

After all, no matter how powerful a normal family was, it could only affect the normal world.

For Masaki, rather than Senna's identity, what really intrigued her was Senna's power.

She couldn't be sure, but there was a high chance that Senna was someone with high spiritual power. Though it seemed to be just a little above average.

That was exactly why Masaki was worried.

People who had high spiritual power compared to the normal but not high enough to use special power were the second favorite targets of Hollows.

Of course, their first favorite targets were Plus[3].

The problem Masaki faced was that she didn't know how to bring the problem.

'I can't really go up to her and say: Hello the girl I only met today, you have a high chance of getting eaten up by monsters that are invisible to most people. But don't worry, because I will protect you, yeah!...'

Masaki facepalmed as she cringed inwardly.

Everything aside, Senna would really think she was crazy if she came and spoke about all the supernatural stuff. 

This wasn't middle ages anymore. People had long since stopped believing in the supernatural. 

'I guess I will just find a way to place a tracking charm on her.'

She didn't want to spy on the girl, but it was necessary. The activities of hollows in the last few days had been on the rise and if no measure was taken, the beautiful Senna would simply become another strange death statistic in a few days.

'Let's do it.'

Clenching her fist, Masaki begins to prepare herself.

"How was your first day at school?"

"Father…?"

It was a few hours later, once school ended, that Senna came back to school.

For her, this first day had subverted her expectations and she had found it way more interesting than she thought.

 

Watching through all day as Masaki tried to place a talisman on her bag had been incredibly funny. At the same time, it warmed her heart because she could understand why Masaki was doing that.

If it wasn't because she had no permission to disclose her personal information, she would have told Masaki that she didn't need protection at all.

In fact, it was the Hollows who needed protection from her.

After coming back home, she had thought she would share how her day went with Unohana and Nemu, but she was once again pleasantly surprised.

Her beloved father was finally here.

Satoru had been vanishing more and more during this year and it was becoming harder for Senna to spend time with him.

This was why, seeing her father appearing here, Senna let go of all the lady-like manners she learned over the years and jumped in the wide-open arms of her father.

"I missed you!"

"Yeah, I also missed you, Senna."

Gojo hugged his daughter tightly under the warm gazes of the people in the house.

"Heh, it seems like Senna only has eyes for her father."

"Mother!"

Senna raised her head shyly as she looked at the black cat on Gojo's shoulders and extricated herself from the hug before taking the cat in her arms.

Senna was bursting with happiness.

The rest of the night went calmly in a warm and welcoming atmosphere as the small family dined together.

In the end, Senna went to sleep leaving the adults alone. She wasn't particularly sleepy, but she knew that Satoru had something to discuss with them and she didn't want to impose. 

Since he was here now, she didn't have to worry about him vanishing any time soon.

—--

The moment Senna left, the warm atmosphere subsided a little.

It wasn't that they didn't want to continue. But they knew that Gojo hadn't come right now for a simple reason.

"I plan to enter Hueco Mundo soon. I will go with Zaraki and Yachiru."

Gojo started from the get go but no one was surprised. They knew that Gojo's growth had faced a wall recently. [4]

 Of course, from the perspective of a normal Shinigami or even Vice-Captain and Captain, Gojo was already a complete monster at the peak of what was possible for a Shinigami.

But that wasn't enough for Satoru. He didn't just want to reach the top as a Shinigami. He wanted to transcend the limit.

For this, not only Gojo needed to finally obtain the power of time and complete his Limitless.

But he also needed to study the bodies of people who had reached the peak in their races.

"I have already completely understood the body of a Shinigami at the limit. All I lack is to understand Fullbringer, Quincy, and Hollows."

For Gojo who was surrounded by captain level beings, the first requirement wasn't a problem, and thanks to the Visored, Gojo had been able to somewhat study the body of peak level Hollows even if their situation was pretty different.

Finally about Quincys, with his own power being incredibly similar to them, he had been able to somewhat make up for it.

But at the end of the day, all those measures were nothing more than half-assed ones. Only by studying the real thing could he really become complete.

Therein lay the problem.

Peak level Hollows were deep in Hueco Mundo, Fullbringers were basically impossible to find and Quincys were also nearly extinct.

Gojo could still manage for Hollows and that was why he had been making plans to visit Hueco Mundo.

However, for the rest, he had been completely lost until he received some unexpected news.

Soi Fon, during one of her travels in Europe, found an interesting folklore that caught her attention and sent it to Gojo. One might have dismissed it, but because of the origins of that folklore, he had decided to take it more seriously.

This was one of the reasons why he decided to definitely settle in Karakura and also the reason why he asked Senna to become a student in that particular school.

Gojo was honestly a little worried. Because if the legend told the poem was true, then it would bring nothing good to the world.

That legend was one propagated through Quincy's community.

It was one that was nearly one thousand years old and spoke about the return of a Sealed King.

[After 900 years of being sealed, he would regain his pulse.]

[After another 90, he would regain his intellect.]

[And after 9 more years…He would absorb the power of every "impure" Quincy to make their abilities his own.]

[1]: Pure blood Quincy or real Quincy. The opposite are Gemischt Quincys which basically mean mixed-breed Quincy.

[2]: Masaki in Canon was able to tank the attack of a captain-level hollow with her Blut. So yeah. Girl was already broken as a teen. Though I believe this wasn't initially planned. Ichigo's mother's death was pitiful since she died against a weak hollow. So the author had to explain many things. Basically, everything is bad timing. I won't go into details but in short. When Ywach took back his power, he judged her impure because of the hollow inside her, then took her power. Then it was then Grand Fisher appeared and the whole drama came to be.

[3]: Basically a wandering Soul that didn't enter the Soul Society.

[4]: Not everyone is born part Human/Quincy/Fullbringer/Shinigami/Hollow like a certain Shonen hero. Gotta work hard to transcend.

(Patreon Perk:

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji

Join my Patreon You can get up to 57 advanced chapters, 19 of SHK and 19 of Gojo, and 19 of Lustful Paradise.

Tier 1: 4+4 chapters of Gojo and LP

Bronze:4+4 chapters of SHK+LP

Tier 2: 12+12 chapters GOJO+LP

Silver: 12+12 chapters SHK+LP

Tier 3: 14+14 chapters GOJO+LP

Gold 14+14 chapters of SHK+LP

Legend: 17 chapters of SHK, 17 of Gojo, and 17 chapters of LP+ illustrations of SHK

Overlord: 19 of SHK, 19 of Gojo, and 19 chapters of LP+ illustrations. Can also ask or vote for special chapters once each month.

Supreme: Same benefits as overlord+ right to ask for the creation of an OC(Name/Gender /Race/Power) that will be added to the story.

63