CH 156: SENNA’S FIGHT (1)
2.3k 5 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Soul Society, one day ago]

In the outskirts of Rokundai, Jushiro Ukitake, Captain of the 13th Division, sat with his eyes closed in a house surrounded by Shinigami whose faces were completely veiled.

He was busy thinking about the reasons that put him in his current situation and wondered how he could have made everything better. He knew that the point of no return had already been crossed and all he could do now was wait while the situation was resolved.

'Why didn't you wait for me to explain the situation?'

Jushiro sighed inwardly but knew that blame didn't lay solely on Kugo but also on him and the Central 46.

When Jushiro created the system, the Central 46 intervened by insisting to prepare measures to secretly observe Kugo Ginjo in fear of what the man could do with the power if left unchecked.

For Jushiro who had observed Kugo for years, the notion of him abusing his power was absurd. But when they used the argument about Aizen's past actions, he was left with no choice but to accept those measures.

Like this, as he thought, Kugo acted as the perfect Shinigami substitute for years. But suddenly, for some reason, he suddenly discovered that he was being listened on and observed.

How was this even possible? Everything aside, how did Kugo discover that he was being spied on?

Even if it was so, how did he meet a bunch of Shinigami and go on a killing spree when he wasn't even in Soul Society when it happened?

What were those Shinigami doing on earth?

It was fishy, so much that it smelled disgusting.

'Speaking of detecting presence…'

 "What do you want?"

Feeling the presence of an intruder in his house, Jushiro opened his eyes and looked at the said intruder.

Though it wasn't necessary since he already knew who it was the moment the man took a step in his sensing range.

"Hahaha. Hello Senpai! Why the long face? I am not the one who sent you here."

Jushiro looked impassively at the man, Tokinada Tsunayashiro, and went back to his meditation.

"What do you want, captain Tokinada?"

"Oh~! So cold~! Hahaha"

Tokinada laughed and plopped down near Jushiro with a wide grin.

"Did you know, Captain Jushiro, that I received a new interesting mission? I was ordered to capture your little protegee, dead or alive. I even have the permission to use my full power."

Jushiro frowned feeling something weird. He wasn't surprised that a kill order had been issued. No matter how doubtful he felt, the current situation was that Kugo was a fugitive and a murderer. What intrigued though was that sending a captain was completely overkill.

"What is your destination?"

Tokinada shrugged, "Karakura town."

'Hah…'

"I see. So they decided to send you in the end."

Everything immediately clicked in Jushiro's mind. At the very least, he knew that chasing after Kugo was just a side mission.

"Are you going to face Gojo?"

Tokinada grinned, "As expected of my senpai."

He was surprised to see Jushiro laugh, "You think your Zanpakuto will be useful against him?"

Tokinada simply shrugged at the snide remark.

"Should I remind you that even Captain Kuchiki suffered from it?"

Not long ago he had challenged and fought against Kuchiki Byakuya and ultimately won in a most unexpected way for all those who observed the fight. 

"Hah. Well, you are right in saying that your Bankai or rather, the Zanpakuto of the Tsunayashiro family is really incredible. But…"

Jushiro closed his lips and shook his head with a smile at the corner of his mouth,

"Haha. Well, do as you like. It's your life after all."

"Well, I guess I will have fun."

Putting his smile back, Tokinada stood up and walked away as mysteriously as he appeared.

Jushiro, now alone, sighed. He might have appeared calm but he was in fact really worried.

Tokinada might get a nasty surprise, but the fact was that two captains fighting in the human world would be a disaster. 

In the end, all he could hope for was that Gojo would set up his special barriers in order to protect as many civilians as possible.

"I guess I was a fool to honestly think the Central 46 changed after the new members were chosen."

——-

"~!~!~!"

Humming to himself, Tokinada walked calmly under the moonlight.

While he might have appeared angry in front of Jushiro, the fact was that he was simply fishing for information and while he didn't get as much as he hoped, it was still plentiful.

'At least I confirmed his position.'

While Gojo did nothing to really hide, Gotei 13 had always been suspicious about the real whereabouts of Gojo. After all, he was simply too flashy.

Would someone on the run really act like this?

It seemed that the answer was yes.

"Satoru Gojo, what an interesting specimen. He is perfect for Enrakyoten."

Tokinada smiled. His personal Zanpakuto had been locked away ever since he was punished for the murder of his wife. 

But it wasn't a problem for him and in fact, was a boon. After all, the ancestral Zanpakuto of the Tsunayashiro family was not only one of the oldest Zanpakuto in existence, it was also one of the strongest.

"Then again, I will have to kill Kugo first. Poor poor Kugo. Hahaha~! It's so fun."

Laughing while imagining how he will break his next toy, Tokinada Tsunayashiro vanished under the night.

——

[Back to the present]

Silence fell in the room after the message was delivered 

"Who is that dude again?"

Gojo asked at the mention of Tonkinada. 

"Tokinada Tsunayashiro. The current leader of the Tsunayashiro family, one of the four great noble families. He is also the current Captain of the 5th division."

"Hah, so he is a big deal, like our princess here?"

Gojo joked but he wouldn't underestimate that man. From his meeting with Isshin, Byakuya, and Yoruichi, he knew that one could never underestimate someone who was chosen as the leader of the one of the Great Noble families.

Still, he didn't put his mind on the man for too long, 

"They really arrested Jushiro?"

Gojo chuckled a little though he felt quite angry.

While their relationship had a rocky start, Gojo had really come to respect the man known as Jushiro Ukitake. A man who would always put the good of others before his own. This man was a true silent hero who never asked for anything in return.

The reasons Jushiro had proposed the substitute program was to help save even more Plus and lighten the load on Shinigami. But because of such an endeavor, he was being punished? To the point of being arrested?

*Crack*

All the walls in the house cracked slightly, like a broken mirror. His emotion made his control slip for an instant before he took control of them again.

Standing up, Yoruichi walked toward him in her cat form before jumping on his head.

"Don't worry. You know that this is the most they can do. Jushiro isn't someone they can mess around with."

Gojo nodded before his eyes flashed coldly, 

"Let's deal with that Kug—!!!"=

Everyone in the room turned their head abruptly in the east of Karakura town.

There; high in the sky, a black gate was slowly opening.

It was;

"A Garganta."

Gojo nodded at Nemu's mutter and stood up. 

"The problem of Soul Society can wait. I will go see how Senna will operate first."

With those words, Gojo teleported.

(AN: In terms of bad guy, I sincerely think that Tokinada is the most uninspired, Kugo was even worse but I don't even consider him worthy of being a bad guy. Like Aizen and Yhwach before him, the man is another dude who is after the throne of the Soul King. A guy whose sole personality trait is being sadistic and evil. Like, even his power is pretty uninspired. Compared to Aizen and even Yhwach this is really a shit bad guy. But heh. What can we do?)

------

(Patreon Perk:

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji

Join my Patreon You can get up to 57 advanced chapters, 19 of SHK and 19 of Gojo, and 19 of Lustful Paradise. 

Tier 1: 4+4 chapters of Gojo and LP

Bronze:4+4 chapters of SHK+LP

Tier 2: 12+12 chapters GOJO+LP

Silver: 12+12 chapters SHK+LP

Tier 3: 14+14 chapters GOJO+LP

Gold 14+14 chapters of SHK+LP

Legend: 17 chapters of SHK, 17 of Gojo, and 17 chapters of LP+ illustrations of SHK 

Overlord: 19 of SHK, 19 of Gojo, and 19 chapters of LP+ illustrations. Can also ask or vote for special chapters once each month. 

Supreme: Same benefits as overlord+ right to ask for the creation of an OC(Name/Gender /Race/Power) that will be added to the story.

68