CH 159: TAKING A SIDE
2k 7 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hoh. I am here again to my greatest displeasure."

Somewhere on the roof of a high building in Karakura Town, a man wearing a white cloak over a black Kimono walked out of the Senkaimon.

'How filthy.'

Sniffing derisively because of the lack of spiritual energy in the air, Tokinada took a look at the city before walking towards a clear destination.

'Let's see if the fruit that I have planted is ready."

He hummed as he continued to walk in the air.

"Something is wrong."

When he finally reached the place he was targeting, he couldn't help but scowl because of the absence of all living in the basement.

'Did she already leave?'

Tokinada put a finger against his temple as he thought hard about it.

He remembered clearly having spotted the existence of a extremely talented Fullbringer in this house when he sneaked in the human world a few days ago.

At that time, he had killed a man prying too much into the information about the Substitute Shinigami. Just to be sure, he had visited the man's house in order to erase everything and what was his surprise when he discovered that young girl.

For him who had made so much research on Fullbringers, he knew then and there that she was at a totally different level from the rabbles that he usually found.

The best thing was that it seemed she had yet to have linked with a Fullbring. She was basically a huge source of untapped potential begging to be used.

Having her on his side would have been perfect. So he decided to leave her alone so that she could become as miserable as possible before appearing and saving her like a knight in shining armor.

'Did she leave by herself?'

"Oh my! Who do we have here?"

Tokinada's expression did not change as he turned to take a look at the new intruder. It was a blonde young man wearing a shirt and brown pants as well as a french hat that hid most of his expression except his large grin.

The said man was floating upside down as if it was the most natural thing in the world and perhaps for him, it was.

"Shinji Hirako, ex-captain of the 5th division."

"Oh? From your attire, It seems that you are the current Captain of the 5th. What a pleasant surprise it is. Don't you think?"

"You think so? Hahaha, but I do not. After all, being associated with monsters that need to be put down is quite unappealing, you see?"

"Heh, is that so?"

If Hirako was hurt by those words, he showed no sign of it. It has been nearly a hundred years since what happened to him and now he was quite satisfied with his life. Even more so since Gojo took down Aizen and showed the truth to the Soul Society.

Taking a normal position, he gently landed on the ground and looked around the house. He knew that Gojo had been here not long ago since he had felt Senna's Reiatsu from where he was.

There was no way that overprotective father would have left her alone even though the girl was already quite powerful. But then, why was that bastard present here? There was no residue left of Gojo and Senna's Reiatsu. This would mean that he had come here with a goal in mind.

"So, mind telling me why you are here? Tokinada Tsunayashiro."

Inwardly, Shinji Hirako was grumbling like no tomorrow.

Although Hirako had escaped to the Human World mid-career, he joined as a member of the current Gotei 13 as a relative old-timer.

It was precisely for this reason, that Hirako firmly understood the absoluteness of the four great noble houses, he was fully aware that they were neither completely good-humored like Yoruichi nor were they all the type who would devote themselves to duty with an unwavering loyalty like Byakuya Kuchiki.

The Tsunayashiro clan, in particular, existed as if they had condensed all the negative aspects of nobility in Seireitei.

Shinji felt that he didn't want to get involved with them at all if possible, before all of that, he had heard that the Tsunayashiro clan had used the incident surrounding the murders of their comrades several years ago, as an opportunity to establish a distance between themselves and the Gotei 13.

'Not good, I smell nothing but trouble.'

Having said that, he couldn't well give a wave of his hand and ignore the man in front of him. Shinji continued to chat in a friendly manner in order to extract further details.

Tokinada gave a snake-like smile, "Since when does a captain of the Gotei 13 has to inform mere monsters about what he does?" Then, looking down on him as if he was nothing more than trash, "Know your place."

In those words, Tokinada simply used a Shunpo and left the place. He knew about Shinji's Shikai and Bankai and while they were powerful, the fact that Shinji couldn't use his Bankai in a one vs one situation made it worthless.

He knew very well that the day his ambitions were exposed, they wouldn't send an army of weaklings at him, but rather one single powerful being.

'Well, even though I lost the fullbringer Kid, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that I have fun until the very end.'

Since the history of Soul Society had proven that malice was justified, he wished to enact malice against the world until the very end.

it wasn't about enacting a necessary evil, but rather, laughing away at this world through a completely unnecessary evil!

'Hahaha! Everything is so fun!'

—--

"Hum…So the Central 46 is trying something again?"

After Tokinada vanished, Shinji immediately went to meet Kisuke. The man was the best when it came to shady characters like Tokinada.

Currently, they were in the underground basement below Kisuke's shop. Though calling it a basement was an insult. With the artificial sky on the ceiling and the impression of boundlessness, one would think they were outside if they didn't pay attention.

While speaking to him, Kisuke was working on creating a gate to Hueco Mundo. He could have left this to Gojo, but Kisuke liked doing little things like this. It helped him spend time and relax from more complicated problems.

Of course, if scientists in Soul Society were to learn that opening a transdimensional portal was nothing more than a way to waste time for Kisuke, they would once again realize how unfair the world truly was.

Shinji did not bother commenting on the ridiculousness of that statement for he was already used to such from Kisuke. 

"Well, Satoru should already be aware of his appearance the moment Tokinada appeared. Since he didn't take action it means that there is nothing to worry about."

Shinji accepted Kisuke's words. Satoru Gojo's senses could easily cover the entire city and inspect every nook and cranny. Of course, it wasn't as if the man was omniscient but he should have easily felt a disturbance in the dimension wall.

Scratching his head, Shinji sauntered before sitting next to Kisuke, "So, why did you refuse the proposal of Gotei 13?"

Kisuke grinned, "So you already received one."

"Yep. I was pretty surprised. But you still didn't answer my question."

Kisuke simply shrugged, "I had no reason to. I was never really attached to my role of captain and in fact, I felt that it was stifling me more than anything. What about you?"

Shinji looked up at the fake sky and thought for a while, "You see…When we were at our lowest, only you guys helped us. But the Gotei 13? The Soul Society as a whole? Nothing. It didn't matter how much we contributed nor how long we fought for them. The moment we became a liability, we were ruthlessly discarded and would have died if not for Yoruichi's help. It would be a lie to say that we aren't bitter."

Shinji showed a bitter smile, "When we received the demand to come back and receive our rank again, I was honestly elated. All our glory would come back. We wouldn't have to hide like rats anymore. 

But then, I had a doubt. Is this really what I want? If they discarded us once already, what stops them from doing so a second time? The others had the same doubts and then we decided to ask Gojo what he thought, after all, it was thanks to him we got back our honor. Do you know what he said?"

This time Shinji laughed, "Do whatever you want, he said. If you want to become captains again, do it. If you don't want to, don't. Either way, I got your back and if anyone bothers you, then I will beat them up for you guys. So nothing to worry about. After all–I am the strongest."

"Pfft! Hahaha. Indeed. I can totally imagine Satoru saying that."

The two of them laughed for a while before calming down, "We don't want to be betrayed again. Once bitten, twice shy. Rather than going back to the Gotei 13 like tamed dogs, we decided to join him. At the very least, this will prove to be far more interesting. Don't you think so?"

Kisuke's lips curled upward, "Indeed. You won't have the time to get bored."

Kisuke knew that he wouldn't get bored any time soon.

'This will be fun.'

------

Hello guys I totally revamped my Pat reon by adding six new tier. 

Now the lowest tier isn't bronze but special. it's for those who don't want to pay for two different stories and are only interested in one of my story (Here it's Gojo)

You can visit my Patr eon and see for yourself if you are interested. That's all from me.

(Patreon Perk:

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji

Join my Patreon You can get up to 57 advanced chapters, 19 of SHK and 19 of Gojo, and 19 of Lustful Paradise. 

(new) SPECIAL GOJO: 4 chapters of GOJO 

(new) SPECIAL SHK: 4 chapters of SHK

(new) SPECIAL LP: 4 chapters of LP

Tier 1: 4+4 chapters of Gojo and LP

Bronze:4+4 chapters of SHK+LP

(new)C Tier: 4+4 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 2: 12+12 chapters GOJO+LP

Silver: 12+12 chapters SHK+LP

(new)B-TIER: 12+12 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 3: 14+14 chapters GOJO+LP

Gold 14+14 chapters of SHK+LP

(new)A Tier: 14+14 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Legend: 17 chapters of SHK, 17 of Gojo, and 17 chapters of LP+ illustrations of SHK 

Overlord: 19 of SHK, 19 of Gojo, and 19 chapters of LP+ illustrations. Can also ask or vote for special chapters once each month. 

Supreme: Same benefits as overlord+ right to ask for the creation of an OC(Name/Gender /Race/Power) that will be added to the story.

68