CH 162: NORMAL ?
1.9k 4 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Gojo’s house, the atmosphere was currently warm as they were eating together. Next to Gojo and co. was a slightly lost-looking Aura as she watched the interaction between them.

She didn’t know why she was eating with them now, but she didn’t refuse since she did feel quite hungry. 

‘They are strong.’

Even though Aura had yet to awaken her power, she could still feel that none of the people here were weak. In fact, compared to her father, it was like comparing a candlelight to the sun. No, even that was insulting to them. That's how strong they were.

However, for some reason, Aura did not feel intimidated. She did not have the feeling of inadequacy she always had when facing her father.

For the first time in her life, Aura felt like she was in her own element.

‘Is it what father meant when he wanted me to become normal?’

She did not know. What did it mean to be normal in the first place? 

Was she really the abnormal one, or was it her father?

Once again, she did not know. There were so many things she did not know.

She could hear the discussion flying.

“Father, what do you think of Masaki?”

“Heh, she is a good girl. A little headstrong but I like that type of people.”

‘So he is a father.’

She was surprised. The picture of a ‘father’ in her mind had always been that of a gloomy and desperate man with few words. 

Compared to that, the man who introduced himself as an angel was completely different.

Even now, she could remember the warm breeze on her face and the light of the sun temporarily blinding her eyes. Under this beautiful picture, it was like a halo of light had formed behind Gojo. When coupled with his jewel-like blue eyes, she felt like she was facing something otherworldly— sacred.

In her heart, something akin to faith bloomed but she could not understand this feeling yet. All she knew was that she trusted the silver white-haired man more than she should. But she did not care.

“Tenshi-sama [1].”

She muttered and immediately everyone fell silent. 

They had not ignored Aura. In fact, whenever they spoke, they would pay attention to her to see if she was uncomfortable. But they had to admit that the words she just threw were quite shocking.

Yoruichi coughed as the food she was eating went the wrong way. She wanted to laugh out loud but she forced herself to calm down. Aura was currently in a fragile phase and could take badly to being laughed at when she finally took the courage to open her mouth.

Gojo on the other hand wasn’t embarrassed.

He was a shinigami. A god of death or an angel of death depending on how it was interpreted. Why would he be embarrassed then?

“What’s the matter, Aura?”

Aura hesitated a little. She would have never dared to ask this to her father, but she wanted to know and she felt like this angel would give her an answer. 

“What does it means to be normal?”

Gojo's smile didn't slip off, “Well, I have an answer for you, but firstly, could you tell me why you want to know?”

Aura nodded and explained what her father said that day, she still remembered it very well.

Hearing the name of the shinigami substitute from her mouth, Gojo had to fight the frown that was forming on his face. 

“Thank you. Now about your question. There is no such thing as normal.”

He laughed at the visible confusion on Aura’s face.

Still, Gojo thought that the concept of ‘normality’ was nothing more than an illusion born from habits.

For Shinigami, ‘normal’ people were made out of Spiritual particles, while for humans, ‘normal’ people were made out of physical matter.

For someone who lived in a war-torn country, peace was not normal. Meanwhile, for someone who lived in a peaceful country, it was war that was abnormal.

“The word normal is used by people who refuse to change the status quo for one reason or another. You are not abnormal Aura. You do not and should not need to change yourself in order to please someone.

“Your life, your decision. As long as you do not hurt anyone, no one has the right to judge you for your decisions.”

Gojo knew that what he was explaining might be hard for Aura to totally grasp, but he didn’t want to coddle the girl too much. Being young did not equate with stupidity.

Aura ruminated on those words for a while before lowering her head, 

“Is…Is father alright?”

Gojo sighed, stood up, and gently patted Aura her on the head while ruffling her hair.

“Your father loved you.”

He did not hide the truth. a small light in Aura’s eyes seemed to dim.

Like Gojo thought, Aura was in no way stupid. In fact, she was far smarter than average. That was why she immediately understood the hidden meaning behind those words.

No matter how bad her father was, Aura knew that all he wanted was her own good. His methods were questionable but the intent behind them never changed—Saving her.

He wanted her to become like a normal human. He did not like their inheritance as Fullbringer.

Was she sad about the loss? She did not think so.

Was she happy then? She was not.

She could not put a finger on her feelings but the closest emotion she could understand was…

‘Melancholie’

She felt melancholic about someone she cared for dying in a place she couldn’t reach no matter what.

Gojo on the other hand decided to hold a memorial for her father. Even if it was small, it might be helpful for Aura.

After all, funeral ceremonies had the double goal of pushing souls toward the other side, but also comforting the living.

It was then when he expanded his sense in order to find the body and teleport it to a different place, that he was startled to find three active signatures at the edge of his spiritual sense.

He could not recognize them since he was pretty sure that they never met, but he recongnized that there was one Shinigami facing two enemies.

Gojo couldn’t help but grin.

‘Finally, something fun is happening.’

“Unohana, Yoruichi, take care of the house.”

He waved at them before crouching down in front of Aura. “I am sorry our discussion was cut short, let me deal with some lame guys. I will come back.”

Standing up, he gave a thumbs-up to Senna while showing a large smile on his face and he left in direction of the Reiatsu he felt.

[1]: Tenshi = Angel (Though I am pretty sure 90% of my readers already knew that lol). Remember that she is a 12-year-old girl who never saw anything outside of her basement and her father. Pretty impressionable.

 

70