Chapter Seven: Silvia Thunderpeak
219 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The twins approached the golden mechanical giant which was half-kneeling upon the ground. 

The giant had his left hand placed upon the ground, while his right was wrapped around the red sword on his back which leaked a vast amount of Star Qi with a fiery aura containing hints of destruction. The nails of both of his hands were so sharp they made his hands seem more like claws. His head was bowed which obstructed the view of his face unless one looked upwards from below him.

His hair was wild and untamed. Each strand gave off a sharp sword like aura which seem capable of piercing the void. The ears partially hidden beneath seemed beast-like and covered in metallic fur. A 2 kilometer long tail which was covered in golden bristle-like fur was connected to the base of his back. The tailed was coiled upon the ground behind him like a giant rope.

His entire body gave off a majestic, suppressive and bloodthirsty Star Qi qi which was similar to that of a Lion and Tiger-type Demon Beast. The Star Qi he released caused complex Runes to periodicly wink into existence and float in the air around him.

The twins soon came to a stop 100 meters before the giant. They both bit the tip of the index fingers on their respective right hands. Two small drops of blood soon formed which they flicked into the air.

The wounds on their fingers soon healed as the drops of blood fused. The singular drop of blood hovered in the space directly between them and the giant's bowed head.

The twins then worked together her draw a single Rune. The rune was similar to the one Malikai had drawn to enter the library. 

This Rune was infinitely more complex than the previous one and took up a cubic meter of space. The man and woman both wore suits of fantastical armor over their clothes and their facial features were more defined. They appeared similar to Malikai and Alyssa in appearance. The man's armor was blue while the woman's was a brilliant gold.

After they completed the Rune both Malikai and Alyssa channeled Mana into it using their Spirits. As the Mana began to surge into it the Runic Light emitted from the Rune began to pulse. 

The pulsing of Runic Light followed a mysterious rhythm as the Rune began to float into the sky. 

The drop of blood which had previously remained motionless in the sky began to break apart into countless strands and merge into the Rune. 

After the two completely merged the rune simply floated where the blood had previously been in the air.

The twins pointed their open hands upwards towards the Rune between them and the giant before they spoke; "We Malikai and Alyssa Hightower also known as The Twin Sprites of Hightower wish to awaken The Dual Swordsman Gregor: King Of Beast."

***

Silvia was 1.75 meters tall had fair skin and possessed a slender body. She was wearing what appeared to be a dark blue set of leather battle armor. The set consisted of a battle skirt, roman-style thong toed sandals which extended half-way up her calves, a breastplate which left almost all of her back exposed open as it was only tied of at the bottom and behind her neck, and arm braces which covered her forearms. 

Her untamed hair was thick and possessed a russet brown color.

Her face was oval shaped with high cheek bones, a nose which was a mix between grecian and delicate, her almond shaped eyes were a mix between green and brown, her eye brows were fine and possessed a soft angle, and her small mouth possessed pouty lips.

The compound-bow she wielded was almost as tall as she was and appeared to be made of a pair of beautiful horns.

She stood in the middle of a meadow and was surrounded by a pack of Wolf-type Demon Beasts called; Lightning Devouring Wolves, and they numbered between 150 and 200.

The wolves all had thick bristle-like fur and were blue in color. A majority were between 1.5 and 2 meters tall and 3 and 3.7 meters long in addition to their bushy tails which looked strong enough to crush stone. These were the omegas and deltas of the pack.

10 of them were betas. You could tell as they had begun to develop horns between their ears. Each beta was at least 2.7 meters tall and 4.25 meters tall. 

The femal wolves were more slender than the males and seemed bore specialized in speed compared to the males who appeared to be suited for strength.

Finally was the alpha of the pack. He was 3 meters tall, 5 meters long and had horns almost a meter in length. 

The omegas were in the Middle Stage of the Planetary Realm and the deltas were in the Peak and Late Stages of the same Realm. The betas were in the Early Stage of the Dwarf Star Realm which allowed them to actively store Lightning Attributed Star Qi inside their bodies and reach a higher level of refinement, increasing their strength.

The Alpha seemed to have just broken through to the Late Stage of the Dwarf Star Realm as even though he released strong waves of Star Qi they seemed slightly unstable.

All of the wolves were tense and released growls of intimidation towards Silvia. 

She simply smirked and gave a small chuckle in response as she raised her compound bow. Her right hand was on the string while her left grasped the bow's riser.

The alpha's eyes flashed in a sharp light as the Lightning Attributed Star Qi around him became even more dense, booms of thunder began to sound and the Star Qi enhanced rock capable of with standing thousands of tons of force began to crack.

The other wolves sensed his reaction and began to paw at the ground as their growls increased in volume. Choatic winds began to form as their tails waved and cruelty flashed through their eyes.

"Hehehe...I can already tell this is going to be fun. Ohh...So many good dishes are going to come from this. Just think, smoked ribs, some juicy roasted legs, maybe even some thighs or better yet nice and tender steak. And, think of the pelts. I could have them turned into thick blankets or insulated clothes. Ohh, It seems I've angered the little puppies. Hehehe." Silvia said with both mockery and seriousness present in her voice as the anger of the wolves didn't seem to matter to her.

She pulled back on the string of the bow and as she did Lightning and Wind Attributed Star Qi condensed into the form of an arrow.

"Hehehe...This is going to be fun!" Silvia said with a small laugh as she noticed the wolves becoming mor tense as the arrow took form.

Both the Alhpa and Silvia observed the actions of the other, both of them waiting for the other to make the first move.

The Alpha gave on first and released a thunderous howl which echoed throughout the entire meadow causing the ground to rumble.

As soon as the Alpha howled towards the sky the omegas and deltas pounced forward along side the betas. The wolves rushed forward towards Silvia from all sides. 

As soon as the wolves had pounced Silvia raised her bow until it was parallel to the ground and released the arrow into the sky.

Silvia then quickly took aim at the betas and fired a single arrow for each. The arrows flew through the pack of wolves which moved at the speed of a bullet and arrived before the betas. 

The first was pierced through the center of its head and died on the spot.

The second managed to dodge the arrow causing the arrow to crash into the ground where the beta was. This caused the arrow to explode into countless snake-like streaks of lightning forming a crater and killing 7 lower ranked wolves which had been around the beta.

The third, fourth, and fifth betas concentrated Lightning Attributed Star Qi into a shield in front of them to defend against the arrows and continued running towards Silvia, completely disregarding the arrows. 

The sixth beta grabbed a delta which happened to be running next to it by the scruff of its neck and through it towards the arrow.

The arrow pierced through the body of the delta and continued to fly towards the beta. But using the split second delay the beta managed to re-angle its body as it ran through the grass and jump upwards. This caused the arrow to pierce it's back left leg not killing it. 

Though the beta wasn't killed by the arrow it was severely injuried by the lightning tearing through its body and causing it to spasm out of control.

As it laid on the ground whimpering the other wolves continued to rush forth and stampeded over its body which did kill it.

The seventh and eighth wolves were relatively close to one another and the two dodged the arrows causing them to explode upon contact with the ground.

Yet, the arrows seemed to superimpose upon on another as the explosion of electricity was much larger than in the case of the second beta. Both betas were caught up in the surge of lightning and their bodies were ripped apart along side almost twenty omegas and deltas.

The blood of that group of wolves soaked the grass below their bodies, causing fear and apprehension to appear in the gazes of the rest of the pack.

As the pack hesitated the final betas were ripped apart by the arrows that were flying towards them. Their limbs flew through the air alongside blood, pieces of bone, and snakes of lightning.

This sight pushed most of the pack past their limits, cuasing them to tremble as they turned around to run for their lives.

As he watched his entire pack flee, and observed the bodies of his dead friends and family, which laid on the ground both rage and disgust appeared in his eyes.

He looked upwards towards the sky and released a world shocking howl causing storm clouds to appear in the sky above and thunder to boom. The ground trembled and the lightning around him became even thicker and blindingly bright.

The stone beneath him crumbled and he stood in the air as his gaze landed on Silvia. He noted a light of excitement flash through Silvia's eyes.

It was at this moment he seemed to sense something and looked upwards.

The clouds were blown apart as swords condensed from Lightning Attributed Star Qi from the sky. The swords instantly nailed all the surviving wolves aside from the alpha to the ground.

The wolves all howled in pain as lightning rushed throughout their bodies crushing their bones and ripping apart their flesh.

"Its your turn now Alphy." Silvia said with a cheeky grin on her face as she once more drew her bow and took aim at the alpha.

Hesitation finally appeared in the alpha's gaze before it was over powered rage driven by the sight of his pack being utterly destroyed.

He snarled and snapped his mouth as he once more leveled his gaze on Silvia and heard her words. As she drew her bow he  channeled all of his Star Qi into an adult fist sized orb in his mouth.

The orb was covered in dense golden rune and released blinding amounts of light.

As Silvia drew her bow a blue crystal arrow which was filled with flashes of lightning took form.

The arrow released blinding light similarly to the orb within the alpha's mouth and had brown and green runes on it.

The alpha fired the orb from his mouth and it crossed the kilometer distance between the two in an instant.

He watched with an expression of victory as the orb smashed into Silvia's body.

The area surrounding her immediately exploded as a tornado made of lightning and chaotic wind came into existence causing untold devastation. The tornado had a diameter of around 300 meters and connected heaven and earth.

As he watched the tornado Silvia suddenly appeared before him.

Steaks of lightning danced around her calves and feet. Her bow was still drawn and the arrow's point was directly against the center of his forehead.

"That was a good attack Alphy. But sadly, it was just to slow. Now on to my main goal. Form a contract with me or die." Silvia spoke slightly jokingly before seriousness appeared in her voice and a dark light appeared within her eyes.

1