Chapter Ten: Erik Caster
139 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Cynthia, have Clark sent up so he can escort Quentin and the others to their rooms."

"That won't be necessary Young Master, as I can take care of such a small matter myself."

As Cynthia spoke she turned around and walked down the central podium. 

"Just as well I suppose."

Cynthia then indicated for Quentin and the others to follow her as she exited the automatic doors to Malikai's left.

Quentin led the way in following Cynthia out of the bridge after one final glance out of the bridge's window.

When he reached the door he stopped and turned around to look back at a blonde-haired woman who had her face in a book, "Eleanora,"

Her head snapped up at the mention of her name and she cast him a glare as she demanded, "What do you want?"

She had piercing blue eyes, a pointed nose, elf-like ears, and thin pink-colored lips.

"Were heading to our rooms, come on," Quentin responded with a patient tone.

"That's fine, but get to the point quicker next time."

Arrogance was prevalent in her tone as she closed her book and rose to her feet.

"Elves…" Someone muttered under their breath derisively, and the others pretended to be oblivious to the connotation of that simple, yet offensive word. 

Quentin slowly shook his own head in weariness.

"Watch your filthy mouth." 

Eleanora's head snapped in the direction of a lank- man. He had a long sword strapped to his left hip, raven-black hair, a sharp jaw, ocean blue eyes, curved brows, thin lips, and an aquiline nose.

He in return leveled a provocative gaze at her and asked, "And if I don't?"

"Well, if you don't, human, I shall give you the beating you have been asking for since we meet in the capital."

The book she had previously been holding had long since vanished, and golden arcs of lightning were dancing in between her fingers. She began to release a sense of pressure which could cause a planet to collapse inwards on itself as her strength became evident and her eyes began to glow in golden light.

"Hohooo… Is that so elf?" His voice still carried a derisive connotation as if her threat meant nothing to him.

His eyes began to glow in piercing blue light as his left hand grabbed his sword's scabbard, and his left, its hilt. He assumed a fighting stance, as crystal's of ice began to form in the air around him and he released a similar pressure to her.

"Very much so, Raleigh. Because you just don't seem to understand your place beneath me." Her tone became somewhat dismissive of him, causing anger to flash in his eyes.

As the tension between the two of them became tangible Quentin's reprimanding voice reached them, "The two of you knock it off because you're not going to fight. Not here and for damned sure not now. So get a move on before I lock you in a room together. Though I doubt that would solve the problem."

Some of Quentin's crew released snickers at both Quentin's response and the childish antics of Raleigh and Eleanora.

One of them who was wearing a mask, but had an obviously feminine form said, "Just do it already, there's no need for all this back and forth."

The two concerned, shared a deep glance before Raleigh let go of his sword and turned on his heels brushing past Quentin to follow after Cynthia down the hall.

The ice crystals vanishing as he did and his voice trailed behind him, "Later elf."

"Tch…" Eleanora sucked on her teeth as everyone's gazes landed on her form.

She shook her head and gazed at Quentin before she brushed passed him as well, in pursuit of Cynthia.

The others soon filed out behind her, leaving just Gregor, Alyssa, and Malikai in the bridge of the ship.

As Alyssa walked around to Malikai's front, Gregor knew well enough to excuse himself from their presence. He walked through the door nearest to them as he moved to explore the ship in greater detail.

After Gregor disappeared through the doors Alyssa straddled her brother's waist and wrapped her arms around his neck. 

He reciprocated by wrapping his arms around her waist, and they enjoyed one another's warmth.

She then leaned her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes.

As his sister drifted off to sleep Malikai turned his gaze to the void beyond the bridge's window.

 


 

Erik possessed short, dark-brown hair and round eyes, an aquiline nose, thin lips, a square-ish jaw, and straight brows. 

His body had an athletic build, and his skin was cream-colored.

He was currently wearing a set of casual clothes, and sitting on a large rock, watching Scarlet bathe in the lake nearby.

She had a round-face, sangria-red hair, large amber-colored eyes, an upturned nose, and thin lips.

Her body was petite, yet athletic, with a slender waist and limbs, above average-sized breast, and tight behind.

Her nipples were a brownish-color and made Erik's mouth water with a want to suck on them.

As Erik became absorbed in admiring her body's beauty and the beads of water rolling down it, he would occasionally take a swig from the crystal-clear bottle in his right hand. The liquid contained within had a consistency slightly thicker than water and was amber in color.

Scarlet could feel the lust present in Erik's gaze as she bathed. She felt no embarrassment, but instead felt great pride and made small provocative movements. She emphasized the arch of her back as she bent down to scoop water from the lake's surface, increasing the heat of  Erik's wandering gaze.

After Scarlet finished bathing she approached Erik on the lake's shore.

As she did approach him she took to no measures to conceal her body from his view. She cast him a seductive glance as she raised her hands upwards in order to wring out her hair and run her hands through it a few times.

Erik admired the picturesque view she presented in combination with the surrounding environment, as he resisted the urge to pounce on her at that moment. To him, she seemed to represent the temptation of nature itself.

 "You didn't wish to join me this time Erik?"

She asked with a cheeky smile after she finally reached the lake's shore and came within a dozen or so steps of him.

"You know that we don't have the time to be getting entangled in that kind of activity Scar."

Erik responded with a small chuckle before taking another swig from the bottle in his hand.

"Not even a quick 'bout' huh." 

A mix of emotions filled her voice as she arrived before him.

She then reached forward and took the bottle from his hand before taking a sip herself.

"Ahhhh... Liquid Amber, a Caster Family secret. You're really going all out for our excursion aren't you, considering the Contribution Points this would have required, no?"

Her eyes lit up in anticipation and the playfulness originally apparent in her every move vanished, replaced by battle intent.

"Of course I did. And I expect you did the same." Erik gave a simple response and took the bottle back before putting a cork in the bottle's top.

The bottle then vanished from view as he placed it inside his Spatial Ring.

"That I did partner. But, what I brought exactly is a surprise for later, when all the action begins." A dangerous glint appeared in Scarlet's eyes at Erik's mention of her preparations.

Her body shivered as the intense battle intent she radiated became tangible.

Her eyes then glowed in red light as crimson-red armor appeared on her body. It was made of Blood-Mythril and consisted of; a battle skirt, gauntlets, knee-high combat boots, pauldrons, and a breastplate. 

The Runic Arrays present on the metallic-armors surface were extremely complex in nature and glowed in golden light. 

"Your mood sure changes quickly Scar."

Erik spoke, a smirk appearing on his face.

"Well aside from the fact that this battle ought to be magnificent, I just thought of a proposal. Would you like to hear it?"

 A small part of her considered jumping his bones at that moment, as she could easily overpower him in any type of physical warfare, but she resisted the urge. She instead looked over his body and bit her lower lip as she clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palms.

Erik saw the fire dancing in her eyes and continued on, "Another one of your bets is it? Very well, I accept."

Their eyes locked and she responded, "Why you know me so well."

"Hmhm..." Erik chucked before he continued on to ask, "Well what are we wagering this time my friend?"

"We will compete to see who kills or captures the most of our adversaries in this raid. The winner gets to pick the time and place of our next 'bout' along with our first position."

As she spoke Erik's eyes once more trailed over her body, whose beauty was accentuated by her armors only partial concealment.

"So the usual is it? And as usual, I would be correct in assuming that you won't lose on purpose?"

"Fufufu... I would never do such a thing, and you?" Scarlet giggled in response to Erik's final question before asking one of her own.

"Of course not. Where would all the fun be then."

"Exactly."

They both gave smiles of anticipation towards the upcoming raid.

Erik the rose to his feet and raised his head, releasing a high-pitched whistle towards the Heavens above.

Winds began to rage on the surface of the lake as the clouds above broke apart and the form of a giant brown-feathered eagle appeared in their place.

It had black colored eyes and a hooked beak, which was yellow in color. Its talons were the same color as its beak and possessed a metallic-luster.

This was Raydon, Erik's Origin Sym. Raydon was a Heaven Soaring Brown-Eagle, and his talons could rip mountains asunder.

"You are ready right?"

"Yeah,"

"Then let's go."

Erik manipulated the surrounding air and began to fly through the air towards Raydon's back.

Scarlet bent her knees before she jumped upwards in order to follow him. 

As she rocketed through the air a pair of fiery wings took form on her back. She manipulated the wings subtly as she maneuvered through the air, and soon reached Raydon's back.

The wings on her back dissipated and she wrapped her arms around Erik's waist.

"Let's go Ray," Erik said as he tucked himself against Raydon's back.

 

0