Chapter Eleven: Sea of Stars
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Located on the lower deck of the Cosmic Cruiser was a battle arena that utilized comes Runic Arrays to alter the space within it; creating a diverse assortment of battlefields.

At this moment Malikai and Alyssa stood within the circular battlefield that resembled an imposing forest.

The forest was one kilometer in diameter and its trees rose tens if not hundreds of meters into the air, creating a canopy that allowed golden rays of sunlight to sprinkle across the forest floor.

The forest was by stone stands separated by an invisible spatial barrier that would nullify all of their attacks which were below a certain threshold along with the aftershocks.

Quentin and the others were scattered throughout the stands in various groupings as they prepared to watch the ensuing battle.

Malikai and Alyssa stared into one another's eyes as they stood around 100 meters apart at the forest's center.

Both of them were dressed in combat outfits centered around black and crimson red, carrying some degree of silver aswell.

"Are you ready?"

Malikai asked his twin.

"En."

Alyssa nodded her head in assurance.

"Good. Then let's begin."

"Let's." 

Alyssa nodded her head once more.

"Using my body as the key I summon the to this plane of existence, Valhalla!" 

She chanted a short incantation as her eyes released intersecting rays of green and gold light.

Similar colored light was released from the Origin Symbol located on her lower back and abdomen.

A circular Runic Array around 30 meters in diameter then took shape behind her. The Runic Array rleased a pillar of green and gold light that ascended to the heavens above.

Across from her Malikai spoke a similar incantation as intersecting rays of midnight blue and white light escaped the depths of his eyes. His Origin Symbol also responded by releasing rays of light as a Runic Array took shape before him.

The Runic Array before him possessed a circular shape aswell and released a pillar of midnight blue light. Streaks of white lightning flickered in and out of existence around the pillar.

The two pillars of light soon faded from existence revealing the forms of Valhalla and Skye.

After Valhalla appeared its roots instantly pierced down into the ground below and a golden ripple of light spread outwards across the entire forest.

A majestic aura spread outwards along with the ripple of light suppressing the auras of both Skye and Malikai.

**ROAR**

A ferocious light filled Skye's eyes as she felt her aura being suppressing and she spread her wings before releasing a heaven shaking roar. 

As she roared a shockwave swept outwards alongsode ferocious gales of wind her battle intent soared.

Both Malikai and Alyssa remained unperturbed as their Origin Syms engage and in a battle of auras.

Alyssa placed her right hand on the hilt of the long sword on her left hip and her left hand on its sheath.

She then slightly bent her knees as golden light flashed about in her eyes and golden streaks of lightning appeared around her feet.

On the otherside Malikai stomped his foot against the ground causing the ground to tremble.

The ground 5 meters around him then rose carrying him swiftly into the sky as an earthen pillar took shape beneath him.

The pillar rose upwards around one hundred meters before coming to a stop.

The two's gazes crossed in the air as countless silvery white arrows condensed from Star Qi took shape around Malikai and pointed downwards in Alyssa's direction.

At that moment Sky suddenly pounced forward at a speed surpassing sound, taking an instant to appear directly before Alyssa.

She lifted her right paw as her claws extended outwards in a flash and swung it downwards towards Alyssa in one fluid motion.

Alyssa reacted as quickly as Skye moved; turning her gaze onto the Essence Devouring Beast.

She instantly drew her sword and parried Skye's blow, causing a shockwave to ripple outwards.

The sword was emerald green in color and engraved with Golden Runic Arrays. It was three fingers wide and 3 feet long.

As Skye's claw pushed downwards agaisnt Alyssa's blade the ground beneath the latter began to crumble as her feet were pushed into the the ground.

Alyssa squinted her eyes as Star Qi began to cycle throughout her body and she tightened her grip on her sword.

Green light cycled around her feet as she channeled more strength into her right arm and successfully threw Skye back.

As Sky flew into the air she gently twisted her body landing gracefully on the ground 15 meters away.

At that moment some of Valhalla's roots pierced up from below the ground with a speed equal to Skye's initial pounce.

As they surged towards Skye in an attempt to bind her movements a dangerous light flashed in her eyes as a space began to warp around her.

None of the roots could reach her position as she entered an entirely different dimension.

Green colored Star Qi enveloped Alyssa's legs before she suddenly vanished from her position and reappeared in the air above Skye with her back towards Malikai.

She channeled her Star Qi into her sword and slashed it downwards at a speed surpassing sound. Her sword penetrated the dimensions separating the two of them and rapidly approached Skye's back.

It was at this moment that Malikai raised his hand upwards into the air before swinging it downward.

When he did the countless arrows condensed from silvery white Mana surged down towards Alysss.

They flew at a speed surpassing sound and approached her from countless different trajectories.

Alyssa suddenly altered the direction of her slash and rotated her entire body so that she was facing Malikai before stepping on air and jumping high into the air, performing an elegant back flip.

A spherical golden barrier formed from Mana enveloped her and the 3 meters of space around her.

The countless arrows crashed into the barrier, causing countless explosions to sound out, yet not a single crack formed on the barrier's surface.

Malikai's eyes twitched as he saw this, "The defensive barriers erected by Valhalla are truly perverse."

Alyssa gave a teasing smile as she landed on the ground and spoke, "Told you, you wouldn't have any chance of breaking through my defenses with normal attacks."

"I know, I was just testing it out. The real attack begins now." Malikai extended his right hand forward.

Mana and Star Qi fused together forming a midnight blue straight bow possessing a metallic luster that rested comfortably in his grasp.

He pulled on the bow's string with his left hand and Mana and Star Qi once more fused together to form a silver colored arrow. A penetrating aura spread outwards from him as the bow formed a full moon shape.

Across from him a solemn light filled Alyssa's eyes as she took on a defensive stance and spoke, "I'm ready."

Elsewhere Skye bounded forward as she came under the assualt of Valhalla's roots and made her way towards the tree itself.

Explosions continuously sounded out as fissures opened up on the ground.

Her body released midnight blue light as space around her warped allowing her to elude Valhalla's roots. But as she got closer to Valhalla it became harder to manipulate space while the strength of Valhalla's roots increased rapidly.

Finally when Skye arrived within 10 meters of Valhalla one of the roots managed pierce through the warped space slamming into her left flank.

The rest of the roots surged forwards in an effort to capture her.

In that moment Skye suddenly turned into a streak of midnight blue lightning as she instant penetrated through space and arrived directly before Valhalla.

Her wings spread outwards as she opened her mouth and  reangled her head, and her horn released countless rays of white light.

An attractive force suddenly enveloped Valhalla and it lost control of its Mana and Star Qi. The two forces rapidly escaped its body before rushing into Skye's wide open mouth, forming a whirpool of multicolored light.

Although it took awhile to explain this exchange took place in a few blinks of the eye. The moment Skye began to devour Valhalla's Mana and Star Qi coincided with the moment Malikai released his arrow.

A suppressive silence pressed downwards upon the entire forest as his arrow flew forwards at speed far surpassing that of sound, leaving a black line in its wake as it penetrated through space.

The light of solemnity in Alyssa's eyes further strengthened as she thought to her self, "Since Valhall is currently in the midst of trying to stop Skye from devouring its Mana and Star Qi it won't  be able to reinforce the strength the barrier to defend against this attack. It's fine though as I prepared in advance for such a tactic."

She then moved her mind and the golden barrier was suddenly compressed to half of its original size and released eye-piercing rays of light.

Green colored Mana began rise from her body and reinforce the barrier aswell causing it to take on a greenish hue.

Star Qi then began to flow into her sword that she held in a defensive stance and the Runic Arrays on its surface released brilliant rays of light.

In the next instant the arrow made contact with the barrier and penetrated through on less than 1/1000th of a second; yet that was more than enough time for Alyssa to react.

In that moment Alyssa moved with a speed equal to that of the arrow itself, and used the e tire force of her body to wing her sword towards the arrow from the side.

This caused the arrow to deviate from its flight path as Alyssa rotated slightly. 

As a result the arrow flew past the left side of her face, severing a few strands of her hair before continuing to fly across the battlefield before crashing into the barrier surrounding the forest.

The arrow could do nothing to penetrate through this barrier though merely exploding upon contact without even stirring up and ripples upon its surface.

Alyssa played little attention tion to the arrow after blocking its attack  as the barrier around her repaired itself.

She cycled her Star Qi throughout her body once more before she rushed forward at a speed equal to that of the arrow before. She stepped upon air as she quickly approached Malikai.

In response Malikai narrowed his eyes as his right hand turned illusory and he rapidly fired of countless arrows whose speed and power were merely a tenth of the one before; yet they served more than sufficiently to obstruct Alyssa's approach.

Countless explosions sounded out seemingly simultaneously as Alyssa swatted away some arrows, avoided others, and completely ignored the rest, allowing them to crash into her barrier.

Seeing that Alyssa was steadily approaching him Malikai soon stopped releasing arrows and released his grasp on his bow, allowing it to dissipate.

Two silvery white shortswords appeared in his grasp as he began to rapidly circulate his own Star Qi throughout his body and give his Mana shape. 

He then stepped into the air rushed forth a speed equivalent to her's.

As he did he made a diagonal splash from top to bottom with his right sword, releasing a silvery white arc of sword light that slammed into the golden barrier that was already riddled with cracks.

On the otherside Alyssa allowed the barrier to crumble apart and dissipate in the face of Malikai's sword slash as she prepared to face him head on.

The two of them then crashed into one another as the sent out countless rays of dazzling sword light that interacted with one another and released heaven shaking explosions of sound.

In just a few seconds they exchanged hundreds, if not thousands of attacks; exhibiting immeasurably speed and agility as they parried and dodged one another's attack while also unleashing their own.

Elsewhere Valhalla had entered a state of dormancy, seemingly ignoring Skye's efforts to absorb its Star Qi and Mana, as the seemingly boundless sea of vitality within the tree was converted into additional reserves of Star Qi and Mana.

It's bpdy then began to release intersecting rays of golden and green light as it began to resist the absorptive force released from Skye's open mouth.

The multicolored whirlpool connecting the two began to fade from view as its rotational force gradually weakened.

In that moment when Skye was caught of gaurd Valhalla's roots then surged forth and grasped ahold of Skye's limbs, preventing her from taking further actions.

Golden light then flowed into Skye's body through their points of contact causing her eyes to lose focus as she began to drift off into a deep sleep.

On the otherside of the battlefield Malikai cast Skye a brief glance as he continued to exhanged sword strikes with Alyssa.

When he say Skye began to lose consciousness after she was bound by Valhalla's roots he released a mental shout; "Skye! You cannot allow Valhalla to put you to sleep! You must break free of its bindings immediately!"

When she heard his voice resound throughout her mind Skye's eyes regained their former light.

She suddenly released a heaven shaking roar as her body tensed and she began to wildly circulate both her Mana and Star Qi fusing the two into Fantasia.

A blanket of pervasive light boasting a midnight blue color spread outwards from her body blanketing the entire forest and spawing countless points of milky white light.

Announcement
Here is chapter 11, which officially marks the exit of this novel from haitus. Sorry about that extra two week wait, a few things popped up in regards to my current living situation, and we our now in the process of moving. I will be releasing 2 more chapters of Kaotik next week, 2 the following week and one for every week thereafter. Anyway I hoped you enjoyed the chapter, Azu Out!
0