Chapter 52: Synchronicity
79 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A strong gust of wind blew as I felt myself getting stronger. Yoclesh's soul was pulsing in my sword and I resonated with it. Then my body began glowing.

Before I knew it, my clothes changed. Instead of my usual knight uniform, I was wearing a black long-sleeved top with golden lines and black trousers. My sword now had a black wavy blade.

So you achieved Synchronicity. You met my previous masters and I guess you now know what I am, Anya's voice echoed in me.

Yep... You're a really amazing partner. So how about we kick Oga's butt?

Let's go!

"That form... Synchronicity huh? This should be fun", Oga cracked his knuckles.

Darkness wrapped around his arms and I charged at him. He swung his fist but I easily dodged it. Thanks to Synchronicity, my body knew what to do. I didn't even have to think much. I knew when to parry or block and I could dodge using minimal movements.

I swung my sword and finally cut through Oga's darkness-enhanced arms. Lightning shot from above and I dodged it. Oga opened his mouth and a ball of red light formed. He shot a red beam but I dodged it.

Even with Synchronicity, Oga is still hard to defeat. Focus on cutting his ribbon! Anya told me.

He swung down his fist and I jumped to avoid it. I compressed my mana inside Anya and released a blue wave of energy at its tip. It formed a crescent shape and exploded when it hit Oga. I didn't know what I did since I just went with my instinct. And my instinct was amazing thanks to Synchronicity.

I spotted an opening to cut Oga's ribbon. I was about to cut it when a massive headache attacked me. My clothes reverted to my knight uniform and I could feel my power disappearing.

I landed on the ground as my body felt really heavy. The headache didn't make things better.

What happened? I asked.

You got too excited and stopped resonating with the previous masters. This is an effect of getting out of Synchronicity, Anya answered.

My body was really heavy and the headache was annoying. Oga looked confused but he then grinned.

"It seems you still need to practice Synchronicity. Yoclesh had months of training before she could maintain that form for 10 minutes", he grabbed me and lifted me up.

What should I do? I could use my shadow to attack him but I think he was wary of my own shadow. My body was too tired to even swing Anya. This was bad... How in the world could I get out of this situation?

You are just using your own darkness. As the Primordial Dark, you have the authority to use every darkness in existence, Yagoo's words echoed in my mind.

Wait a minute... Didn't Moona say the same thing too? And she found out that I was the Primordial Dark's vessel when a certain thing happened?

It was worth a shot so I smiled.

Oga's shadow rose up and cut his ribbon. His eyes widened in surprise because of what happened.

"My shadow moved on its own? No... You!" Oga finally realized what happened.

That's right. I was the Primordial Dark's vessel so that meant I had authority over every darkness in existence. Manipulating the shadows of other people was possible for me.

"Oga's ribbon has been cut! The winner is Mikage Kamishiro!"

Oga sighed and put me down. I sat on the floor and took a deep breath. Looks like I won.

###

"Now then! The award ceremony of the Idol Fan Tournament shall begin!" Asuka announced.

"Tied at 3rd place, we have AZKi's champion, Temma Kishido, and Sora's champion, Noel Shirogane!"

AZKi, Temma, Captain Noel, and Sora walked up to the podium. A bronze medal was hung over the two champions while AZKi hugged Temma and Sora shook hands with Captain Noel.

"AZKi and Sora will have a duet in the Westa Grand Music Festival so please look forward to it!" she said.

She took a silver trophy and presented it to the crowd.

"Next is our second place, Izuru's champion. Oga Aragami!"

Oga and Izuru walked to the podium and took the trophy. They gave each other a fist bump.

"Izuru will have a solo song in the Westa Grand Music Festival. Please continue supporting him."

Asuka then took a gold trophy.

"And now, our champion... He proved to be the strongest fan this year, Suisei's champion, Mikage Kamishiro!"

I walked to the podium with Suisei. She was smiling from ear to ear.

"Told you the stars were right", she winked at me.

"Yeah yeah", I said as I took the trophy.

My body still felt sluggish but it wasn't as bad as before. Also, the headache was gone so it was great.

"Suisei will sing 2 songs in the Westa Grand Music Festival as reward for being a champion. She also proved that she has the strongest fan", Asuka said.

The cameraman walked to us and snapped a picture... After that, the contestants were invited to a dinner party.

###

The dinner party was amazing. There was a buffet filled with different kinds of food and idol music was being played.

Yagoo was talking to the 4 idols who were supposed to sing on Westa Grand Music Festival. Temma and Suzaku were talking to each other. Captain Noel was eating a lot of food. Arurandeisu was calmly sipping wine in a corner with Kaoru nearby. Botan and Nene were having a chat. Civia was consoling the apologizing Kiara. Oga was competing with Captain Noel to see who could eat more. Kira was talking to his Excellular while eating.

I took a plate filled with food and started eating when Kiara approached me.

"Congratulations", she said.

"Thanks. Although I probably wouldn't have reached the finals if you didn't burn your ribbon", I replied.

"I admit that it was a careless mistake but next time, I will be more mindful."

"I don't think I would want to fight you again. I almost got burned after all."

She giggled, "It seems that luck favors you. Here's a coupon for KFP. You can get a discount the next time you go there."

"Wait... Really? Why are you giving one?"

"It's my congratulatory gift", she then left me after giving a coupon.

Temma and Suzaku approached me.

"So... This one is your student?" Suzaku asked.

"He's not exactly my student. Mikage's more of a training partner", Temma answered.

"I look forward to fighting you. You managed to outsmart Temma, after all", Suzaku looked at me.

"Temma was underestimating me. That's why he got careless", I said.

"Then he needs more training. I can't believe that you thought of this guy as a small fry."

"Well... I always won against him in our training. I guess I did underestimate him a bit."

The party went on and when it was over, Temma and I headed to the barracks.

It was a wild day and I just unlocked the ability to enter Synchronicity. I had to master it as soon as I could so I could be prepared when the Unkindness would strike once again.

I placed my trophy in our room.

But for now, I should go to sleep. I needed to take a break after all the fights I had for this day.

###

A blue-haired girl was humming. Suisei knew that Mikage was lucky but she didn't expect him to actually win. Now she was booked to sing 2 songs in the Westa Grand Music Festival. The best part was that her goals were also achieved.

Her Excellular rang and when she looked at the name on the screen, she smiled.

"Hey there! Did you watch the Idol Fan Tournament?" she asked.

"Yes. Congratulations for winning", a man's voice said.

"I never thought that Mikage was actually lucky. Also, we were successful in dragging it out. Now the Unkindness would have an idea on what he truly is. After all, they have eyes and ears everywhere", she then had a serious look on her face.

"Yes. Mikage successfully entered a Primordial Awakening. However, his powers seem to be limited. He hasn't fully awakened yet. Keep an eye on him."

"Sure thing. Oh... And how is your secondary project going?"

"It's going well... She is our backup plan in case Mikage would be caught by the Unkindness. Although I hate doing it, I have no other choice."

"Alright then. I'll contact you in case there are any developments with Mikage."

"Thanks, Suisei."

"No problem, Shiroe."

###

A/N: The Idol Fan Tournament is now over! Mikage "This Man" Kamishiro won in the end. And now I'll take a short break before I start the next arc. I'm getting a bit busy with a collab project called Hololive:Project Convergence. It's definitely not because I don't have an idea on what should the next arc be.

4