Story 5.1 Ice
3.1k 10 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"CUT! CUT! CUT! YU NIAN! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!"

"I'm sorry ..."

"CUT! YU NIAN! YOU AGAIN!" (°ㅂ°╬)

" Sorry ..."

"YU NIAN!!! GET OFF THE F*CKING SET RIGHT NOW!!!" (╬'益')!!!

"..."

"YU NIAN! YU NIAN!! YU NIAN!!! ARRRGHHH!!" (╯°益°)╯彡┻━┻ !!!

-

That will surely happen ...

There was no need to put too much thought in it as the future was clearer than aluminum stainless steel.

There's only one way to escape.

Call in sick. ( ̄ヘ ̄)

By doing so, at least he could escape for a day. The shooting for the skating scene was planned to be shot by the end of the filming to give the Ming Yu some time to practice.

The story of the film was set on a modern setting. The main couple was a triangle between an Actor and his assistant who's the female lead and the female lead's best friend. The attracting point of this story was that it focuses more on the FL's struggles as a career woman in love.

For the side CP, there was  about a struggling relationship between an Olympic figure-skater and a CEO who's chances to meet up and spend time together became less and less which caused a distance between them later on. 

The second side CP was about figure-skater's little sister getting pregnant and did not dare reveal who the father was no matter how her big brother convinced he. Yet later on, the father of the baby appeared soon as he heard of the news. Due to stress, this also became part of the reason why the big brother slowly drifted away from his lover.

All three CPs would interact with each other as the characters are either friends, relative, or as an ex.

(a/n: I feel like i want to write a separate story for this now damn.)

The current scene finally ended and Ming Yu decisively approached the director.

But ... how was he supposed to convince him? Act? 

Can Ming Yu even act sick?

"Director ..."

"Yu Nian? Is something wrong."

"I am not feeling well and would like to leave. I'm sorry." The Ming Yu who didn't know what else to say was doubting himself at this point.

The director observed Ming Yu's face and body yet all he could conclude as was that 'he was healthy'.

Could Yu Nian really be like those actors who always had tons of excuses to take a break because they would rather deal with other things than the film itself? How disappointing.

He was about to raise his voice when the camerawoman beside him grabbed him and started whispering something.

"Director ... i believe he's not lying. Don't be fooled by his blank appearance, that's simply the normal expression of his face. Actor He Yu Nian was well known for rarely taking breaks so since he's asking for a favor this time, it might be real bad. At a look he's fine but I advice letting him take a break for a few days. He' been working constantly ever since we started..."

"Really?" If it was some else telling him this then he wouldn't believe it but it was the Camerawoman who he's been working with for years and the one who always kept track on actors for the sake of future projects so what she said was no lie.

Besides, the hardworking He Yu Nian's workaholic habit started spreading around ever since his reputation became well-known. Even he heard of it.

He should be considerate. Mmn.

"A week. I'll push back your filming schedule for a week. This won't cause problems for me since other actors were actually looking a chance to film early this week so I can simply call them up and they'll show up. In the meantime, be diligent and do well by the time you get back."

The director was quick to decide and waved his hand back telling him to leave.

Ming Yu was ready to say more words but now there was no need to. He didn't know what the camerawoman told him but unexpectedly, he got a week off. He lowered his head down in thanks and turned to leave.

"That young man ... ain't too bad." It was hard to see devoted rookies these days and the director could only appreciate him more.

If the Admin was here, he would say, 'You idiot, you got duped.'

Ming Yu was puzzled about it but now was the time to look for Ru Lanying so he could go home. Wherever home is.

All of a sudden, the crowd exclaimed and Ming Yu turned his head to the excited bunch. A dashing female with long black hair in a beige jumpsuit took everyone's eyes.

Mu Meifen turned her head to the right and slowly went left eyeing everyone in the room. Her eyes landed on Ming Yu who was still wearing his set attire. A black and white dress shirt on black slacks on wood-brown dress shoes. 

Since Ming Yu wasn't smiling, his blank facial expression was setting up the mood of a indifferent prince charming which made her interested. Also because of the fact that he's He Yu Nian.

Gracefully walking up to him, she sweetly smiled and brushed her hair back sending signals and waited for something.

"..." The Ming Yu who's not attracted to women because he was clearly gay blankly gazed at her.

"... are you, not going to greet your senior?" Mu Meifen mood sunk for not getting the greeting she wanted. Normally she didn't need to wait to be welcomed by anyone.

"Greetings to senior." Same as to the director, he lowered his head and turned the other way leaving her stiffened.

WTF?! He'll just up and leave like that?!

"Stay still!"

"?" Anything else?

The hell? That's it? you've got nothing else to say to me, Mu Meifan? Your senior?! Not even a compliment?!

"Uhh ... I'm sure you know me but I am Mu Meifan. You can call me Sis Meifan. I'm looking forward to working with you in set as your SENIOR." She held out her hand in greeting despite the bubbling irritation in her heart.

"Mmn." Ming Yu shook the hand once then left.

The treatment she received was too cold that it left her stunned. She didn't want for things to conclude like this but when he noticed people's stares at her, it was wise to better put the tiny matter down and focus her attention more on everyone else.

Still, that rookie. I already don't like him. Disrespectful brat. Hope it's not the fame that got into his head making him arrogant!

Until Mu Meifan falls in love, her arrogant character won't be changing as of yet.

The Male lead or Second male lead? Ming Yu who had not really decided who she'll end up with and could only wonder.

I haven't really gone far with this story.

After finding Ru Lanying, Ming Yu arrived inside a high end apartment. He was afraid that he wouldn't be able to get in since he didn't know the passcode.

Hah ... the troublesome thing about travelling through worlds was not having the ability to receive the original body's memories. Luckily, his phone was accessible through a fingerprint and inside, the apartment's passcode was written.

Ming sighed at how reckless He Yu Nian was as a person. What if someone stole his phone and unlocked it? 

BARK! BARK!

"?"

A fluffy tiny dog was wagging it's tail soon as he entered. The orange-brown tinted corgi jumped around clawing his pants in greeting. Ming Yu was actually looking forward to coming home remembering that this little bundle of Meng existed.

Qimao was He Yu Nian's lovely companion in life. A handsome charming man with the dog, such pair would surely entice people to read, wouldn't it?

(a/n: Qimao = Fluff)

Taking the fluffy pet into his arms and holding onto that fluffy butt brought back flashbacks. Although the size difference was huge, the fluffiness of the fur reminded him of Xin and Yue.

As he hopped into different worlds, Ming Yu couldn't help but look back at the past from time to time. Precious memories were made and they were hard to forget.

How can he? Here, in the world within his novels. He was always happy. Happier than in the world where he truly belonged.

Here there was someone he loves very much.

BARK! BARK! BARK!

"Hungry?" The little thing probably heard this from his owner whenever it concerns food and giddily struggled out his arms to lead the way into the kitchen.

Ming Yu chuckled at this and obediently followed the leader.

Seeing the pet joyfully eating, he also felt that he should eat to and grabbed some sandwiches that he found from the fridge. 15 minutes later, Ming Yu immersed himself in playing with little Qimao.

Squeak.

"Qimao, catch." Ming Yu threw the squeaking toy and Qimao ran to chase it, it's fluffy butt was a sight to see paired with it's bushy tail. 

Ahh ... so cute ... adorable ...

Qimao bounced it's way with it's short legs back to him but whenever he kept reaching out to grab the toy, Qimao would playfully move back. He stared at the mischievous dog and he felt as if the dog was smugly staring back.

Is this a challenge?

* Stare *

Challenge accepted.

Ming Yu crawled and crawled chasing the dog on fours within the wide living room. Finally caught, Qimao licked and licked his face making a slimy mess. It was uncomfortable.

"Bath." 

BARK!

-

After the bath was over his phone rang.

"Sis Ying."

How are you feeling? alright?

"Mmn."

Should I go there and take care of you? do you want anything? Should I take Qimao with me and take care of him for a few days? Yu Nian, don't overdo it and read scripts again despite being sick. The scripts won't go anywhere! Take a break this time okay?

A pang of guilt stabbed him after hearing how truly worried she was.

"I can take care of Qimao. I don't feel too bad ... I can take care of myself."

I've sent the dance instructor's contact number and address to you. Whenever you feel better, pay him a visit and get acquainted with each other. This instructor is known for being strict but he had experience in working together with figure skaters. 

You like working with experience people don't you? Please, try to get along with this one alright?

"Mmn." Ming Yu was frowning, hating the idea.

Rest up well, i'll come visit you after 2 days. 

"Mmn."

He put down the phone and grabbed the hair dryer to revive Qimao's fluffy fur and comfort himself.

I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go ...

His brain was already rejecting the idea but in the end, he needed to do it.

One, for him to find his lover. Two, because it didn't sit well for him to abandon work and cause trouble for others.

But I really don't want to ...

-

The very next day, with Qimao in his arms he arrived at an indoor ice rink. He wasn't really sick so he decided to go and visit the following day. He already know that he could not selfishly drop everything down just because he didn't want to do it.

Ru Lanying's job and paycheck is on the line.

This ice rink in the big city was most of the time reserved only by figure skaters and instructors. In here, they constantly train and come up with new choreography, polishing their skills for competitions that was held all around the world.

As expected, the inside was a bit crowded with people breezily skating on the rink in speeds that could easily topple a person over. Some attempted a few turns and some were dancing.

Others would be mesmerized watching this people showing off their skills but for Ming Yu, all he saw was PAIN.

Slip then land, slip then land, slip then land. Amateur skaters kept repeating this, grunting at every fall.

That numb feeling you get on the ass is quite traumatic.

This was never gonna be a profession Ming Yu would ever wish for nor even try out for experience. He felt stupid for writing down 'figure skating' as a profession for his character. Ahh ... world hopping into your own novel at its finest.

He was forcefully snapped out of his thoughts when music played loudly filling the area. He didn't realize when the people on the rink stepped out and a man stood at the center.

The man had small eyes that were sharp, thick brows and a tall nose. His clothes were all black and some what tight which defined each muscle on his body.

He started to dance raising both of his arms high, gracefully whisking them half way down initiating a leisurely turn. The pitch suddenly rose and he somersaulted, turning quickly while on air before perfectly landing on one foot. 

His movements didn't stop and each wave of his hand even the switching of his feet kept the onlookers  in a trance including Ming Yu.

The performance was inspiring, Ming Yu would admit that but that wasn't the only reason.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

It was the thumping of his heart.

The man continued to artistically skate around the rink before staying in the middle spot continuously turning his body low on the ground on one leg, his back bent forwards and both hands stretched out before him for balance. A minute passed and the music abruptly stopped at it's peak finishing the short show.

The crowd rained down their applause but he stood indifferent, wiping his sweat with his hands. He surveyed through the rink and when he as about to turn away, he sharply whisked his head at the entrance wide eyed.

Ming Yu smiled at eye contact and raised his hand excitedly waving at him.

The man widely grinned startling the people who were crowding around him for attention. He ignored them all and skated to Ming Yu's direction. Ming Yu realized that he was on his skating shoes and took the initiative by hurriedly walking up to lean on the edge of the rink.

Before Ming Yu could say anything, his head was pulled into a sultry kiss. Qimao felt uncomfortable being crushed and wiggled it's fat body out.

The back of his head was pressed down to meet the man's lips and he wrapped his arms around the lightly cold body that was kissing him.

They broke off the kiss and gazed at each other's face. After looking enough they lightly kissed again within a loving embrace as their foreheads touched to feel the other's temperature.

"Doing this ... is this okay?" Ming Yu didn't forget about the crowd around them who were probably gawking at the pair at the moment.

"It doesn't bother me. You?" 

"No."

"Wait here."

He  skated back to the other side of the ring. Ming Yu could see him taking of his shoes before entering the back where his stuff were probably being kept. The stares of the people around him was awkward but he didn't need to wait long when his lover came back out with a huge bag on his shoulders.

"Ah Yu, car?"

"I brought mine."

"We'll drive yours, I can leave mine here. I'll drive."

Ming Yu obediently handed him his keys and took him into his cars totally forgetting the reason why he was there for in the for place. The same for his lover who seemed to be in the middle of something yet abandoned everything for him.

"Where to?"

"My house."

BARK! BARK!

Qimao didn't mind the new addition to the family and was having his own fun at the back seat. His barks were more like a greeting, welcoming him.

Ming Yu's hand was interlocking his and he brought it up and kissed it. The space between their fingers were full and gazing at it, they also felt full at heart.

"Yi Shen."

"He Yu Nian."

"The actor? I heard about you."

"It wasn't me. I just arrived yesterday." Saying it like this was kind of weird.

"I have a dog at home too, i'm sure they'll get along. It's a light brown Labrador, his name is Sentry."

"Qimao."

"Mmn. So while the two are busy, let me hold you." The traffic light turned red and he took this chance to kiss him again,desire in his eyes.

"I missed you, Ah Yu."

86