Story 5.8 Festival
2.5k 10 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night passed with the couple taking a cold shower. (╥﹏╥)

Ming Yu woke up first which was uncommon. Well, Xihan was angered badly that he probably stayed up the night and slept late.

He moved his legs to the side to take the initiative and prepare breakfast but his waist was clamped down by an arm, unwilling to let go.

"... stay."

"..."

Ming Yu sat back on the bed and leaned on the headboard willingly as Xihan rested his head on his lap extremely satisfied by the comfort of Ming Yu's thighs.

Ming Yu gently brushed the twisted locks, straightening them up. The light brushes made Xihan relax quickly entering dreamland again.

This satisfaction was short lived though.

BARK! BARK! BARK! 

"F*CK!!! WHY THE HELL IS THIS F*CKING DOG IN MY HOUSE! ARGH!!!"

Bark!

"YI SHEN! SHEN! GET THIS F*CKING DOG AWAY FROM ME!!!"

The sleeping charming was woken up by the screaming and his handsome face darkened with killing intent. He tried ignoring the ruckus yet the man's screaming was like a bees buzzing on the ears, annoying. His eyes wandered behind Ming Yu and felt that hitting his head on the headboard rail would be rather comforting.

He got up not letting his bad temper to affect Ming Yu and gave his lover the usual morning kisses and hug. He forced himself off the bed and went to see the ruckus leaving Ming Yu in the room. 

Ming Yu didn't went after him and entered the bathroom. Their loud voices could be heard and he smiled as their conversation was pretty hilarious.

"HEY! WHY AREN'T YOU GETTING RID OF THE DAMN DOG?!!!"

"Sentry~ good morning~ Dad is here~"

BARK! BARK!

"Hmn? What's wrong? There's an intruder in the house?"

"What intruder?! This is MY house!"

"Sentry. I choose you. Attack."

"AHHH!!! MOTHER F*CKER! YOU-"

"Ha. ha. ha. Guozhi, you're still scared of dogs at your age? How embarrassing ha. ha. ha."

BARK! BARK!

Bark!

"AHH!! THERE'S ANOTHER ONE?!!"

"Qimao~ you want to greet him too? Come here."

"H-h-hey! Why are you picking that thing up?! What are you trying to do?!"

"There's nothing to run anywhere on top of the dining table."

"HEY!!!"

 Ming Yu was brushing his teeth and was about to finish up when Xihan walked in. He took his own brush and looked at the mirror, watching as foams of white made a cotton like beard around their mouths.

Ming Yu found this image kinda cute and broke into a smile. He didn't stop there and clipped his hair to wash his face. There was only one faucet but the sink was big enough for two people to comfortably share. 

The two finished their morning routine and went to the kitchen. 

BARK! BARK!

Bark!

Hui Guozhi was comfortably sitting on top of the dining table like a prisoner under watch of the two furry wardens.

"Get down."

"The hell I can! Take them away first!"

His lover was being stubborn so Ming Yu was the one who took the dogs away to the other room. Xihan heated up the leftovers from last night enough for two, not preparing a share for the unwanted guest.

"Where's mine?" Hui Guozhi raised his brow, baffled by this treatment.

"None."

Hui Guozhi walked up to the fridge only to see that there really was nothing left other than raw ingredients inside.

"Can you cook up something quick at least?"

"Ah Yu, eat some more."

Hui Guozhi rolled his eyes since Xihan was acting so f*cking childish.

"Is it such a big deal? If you really were that desperate to do it then why didn't you just continue and not mind me."

"..."

The insensitive Hui little Uncle was really asking to be pushed off a cliff. 

Ah, there was one nearby wasn't it? Ha. ha. ha.

Sadly as a figure skating coach, it wasn't enough to hire skillful hands* to deal with his little Uncle. He didn't have the suitable reputation to attract their attention nor able to illegally procure a gun either.

Hui Guozhi. You lucky bastard.

"We got married ... yesterday."

Ming Yu held no grudges and told him outright. There were only 3 days left before they'll be flying back so as much as possible, he wanted to spare his thoughts to Xihan alone. Hui Guozhi and Xihan bickering together was funny, but he wanted his man to focus more on him.

Is that ... too selfish?

Ming Yu put down his spoon since he ate his fill and held Xihan's hand under the table. This caught his lover's attention and turned his head to look at him. Ming Yu was smiling and this made him smile back too.

"Oh. Yesterday? Married? ... did I stepped into the bridal chamber last night? How lucky!" Hui Guozhi was ruining the mood on purpose.

"At least show some remorse." His little uncle was infuriating.

"HAHAha ... ha-"

"..."

He stopped laughing when he met Ming Yu's smile ... which wasn't really entertained.

"A-ah, That's right. I know you two rarely keep track of the media these days but some people are talking that maybe Mu Meifan wasn't in a relationship with Nian but with you."

"We'll have the ceremony when the filming ends. By then, they'll know."

"Oh good. By the way, you really aren't making food for me?"

"Order take out."

"Ugh."

In the end,when Ming yu tried making food for Hui Guozhi, Xihan was forced to take over. He fried eggs, made rice and that was it. Something simple.

"Heartless son of a- ... it's not like you never f*cked before yesterday night."

"Little Uncle, do you want to feel exactly how hot this frying pan in my hand is?"

"Ah. No thank you."

Their bickering ended at that moment. He knew that he shouldn't poke his nephew too much after ruining their bridal night. But guilt? he didn't feel guilty at all though.

The loving pair switched their clothing into thin polo shirts and a pair of slacks. Xihan had a black bag strapped behind him which somehow made him look younger. He was about to open the room where the pets were yet he didn't after some thought.

Better let his little Uncle take care of the dogs and save money.

He didn't wait for Hui Guozhi to come out of the bathroom and they left after sending him a message. 

Xihan wasn't irresponsible and called one of Hui Guozhi's friends who's a vet and asked if he as coming. This vet was also the person who gifted him Sentry as a pup so he was sure that Sentry was in good hands and would be delighted to meet him.

-

 The sun was striking outside that the two were forced to wear sunglasses. The festival area was crowded with booths and stalls narrowing the roads which made it hard to find a parking spot. After they finally were able to leave the car, they walked hand in hand becoming part of the busy crowd.

Looking up colorful banners seemed to have decorated the skies. The crowd varied vastly from each other that some were even dressed up casually or fancy for the festival. Music filled the streets that eager vendors could barely fight equally as they shout to attract the people's attention.

The stalls varied from food, accessories, games. Even the doors of district shops were open offering discounts to reel in customers. Restaurants were filled and no matter where you would stand, it would be filled with chatter.

The lively atmosphere boosted Ming Yu's interest that he was now taking the lead, pulling Xihan everywhere.

They didn't know which purpose the festival was being celebrated for but it was rather extravagant. The festival can even compare to a small amusement park.

His greatest achievement would be defeating Xihan through a Ring Toss game. It was an achievement since Xihan kept winning the rest. Ugh, Ming Yu and his poor physical prowess. 

Ming Yu was supposed to receive a Plushie yet changed his mind after seeing a fake ring on the prize list. It had the lowest point trade so he took away 2 and left the store. It was made of plastic and what's worse is that it's hue was blue. Looking at it twice made him crack.

"Just for today." Is what he said when he put it through Xihan's ring finger.

This smooth~ move earned Ming Yu a few smack smack smack kisses on the face and a bear hug.

Have you ever met a shameless couple? Well you bet you just did.

Ming Yu was staring at the children who surrounded a living statue by the fountain that he didn't pay attention to the ice cream that was melting in his hand.

Xihan grabbed his hand and licked the underside of the ice cream before taking it away to look have a taste of Ming Yu's fingertips. When the ice cream trail was tasted clean, he gave the ice cream back to Ming Yu and took a wet wipe from his bag to clean the stained hand.

Onlooker 1, 2, 3: (ಠAಠ )?!

Onlooker 4,5: (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)

Onlooker 6: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) heh.

Ming Yu wanted to take a picture with the living statue but the fountain area was suddenly crowded by people in costumes.

"A dance ... act?"

"Maybe."

Music started to play and they started dancing. Their level of harmony and synchronizing was quite high and a few from the crowed were awed, praising them. 

Suddenly, a little girl pulled a woman out of the crowd and led her in the middle. The woman was confused and looked left and right in search for something or someone, yet couldn't find anything. The beat of the music reached it's climax and the masked man who danced in the middle approached her.

He knelt, his sweet words loud and clear due to probably a detachable microphone and all present in the area heard..

"Will you marry me?" He lowly took off his mask and asked, voice slightly trembling.

"I do!" The woman decisively agreed.

The crowd cheered from this unexpected surprised and rained their blessings despite being strangers. A public proposal, the man was really brave and his affection left a trace of jealousy within the crowd.

Only a few were courageous enough to do the same.

Even Ming Yu was dazed and clapped along praising the man at heart.

"Should I stage one for you too?" Xihan was regretting it a little how he wasn't smart enough to had thought about this sooner.

"You ... we're married already."

"The public don't know that."

"Don't go overboard ... I already know you love me very much."

"But wasn't that special? I feel like i haven't shown you enough."

"Xihan-" He wasn't comfortable with the idea and wished to argue further but then he felt a  weak force pulling his pants. He mistook it for his dog Qimao for a second there but then realized that they were out on a date exclusive for two. He looked down and saw a young boy probably around the age of 5 looking up at him with a straight face.

The boy had black hair and green eyes. He was wearing a blue top with a shark print and black shorts.

The couple looked around first and noticed that the busy mob already dispersed. It was easy to guess that the young boy was probably lost when the people crowded around and dispersed not knowing which was left and right. The child was calm and stared back at Ming Yu yet when he held his hand, it was cold from fear.

"Are you ... lost?"

The boy didn't say anything and nodded his head.

"Are you with mom and dad?"

The boy nodded again in agreement.

Xihan scooped the boy up and let him ride on his shoulders. The little boy flinched for a bit and hastily grabbed on Xihan's head out a fright tugging  a few hairs. Xihan let out a sound from the pain and took the boy's hand to keep it away from pulling his hair saving himself from the pain.

"If you're high up you'll find daddy and mommy won't you?"

"..."

"Look carefully for Mommy and Daddy okay?"

"... mmn." He let out a sound in agreement.

"Tell your big brothers right away when you see them."

"What if we can't find them?" Ming Yu asked.

"In a festival like this, there should be police nearby."

The boy was nervous that Xihan could feel the little man shiver while on his shoulder. Maybe because Ming Yu shared the same deadpan expression that he easily noticed the uneasiness behind the calm face. 

The young boy repeatedly turned his head searching when his eyes stopped at the cotton candy stall. The cotton candy on display were eye-catching as it's colors were striking. Ming Yu who repeatedly glanced at the boy caught this and saw how the boy's eyes were glued to a rainbow colored cotton candy.

Xihan was holding the boy's legs tight afraid to drop the boy so when Ming Yu suddenly grabbed his arm startled him. Ming Yu didn't even explain and stopped at the stall. He bought one and felt through Xihan's pants for the wallet to pay. No one caught this intimacy for the shop owner's thoughts was occupied trying to figure out the three's relationship.

Brothers? Cousins? Uncle and nephew? In the end he couldn't figure it out even after they left.

"Here ... careful. His hair."

The boy's face finally brightened and the edges of his mouth raised slightly, happy. 

The little man stared at the rainbow fluff for a long while since he kept feeling that it wasn't write to ruin such a colorful ball of fluff. In the end, unable to fight the urge to eat something sweet, he pinched away a part of it and brought it in his mouth.

Well he was a young little boy who was fixated on eating that even though Ming Yu warned him to watch out for Xihan's hair, strands of rainbow fluff stuck onto it. Xihan didn't mind since a bath would was the sticky strands off.

After a long hours of walking, they still couldn't find the parents and decided to look for a police officer.

The police officer led them to waiting room and they waited patiently inside hoping for the parents to find them. 

Ming Yu took out his phone and this caught the little boy's attention. Ming Yu handed it to him and thought that he would be searching for games yet the boy actually opened up the camera.

"Take one." He was asking for permission.

"Pictures ... I like ... can I?"

The couple nodded their heads and the little boy with his short weak hands tried taking a few pictures. They came out blurry like ghost pictures and the angles they were taken were pretty bad which made Xihan laugh. 

One angle was so bad that the size of their nostrils looked overwhelming.

He couldn't stand the blurry images anymore that he asked the boy if he could take one for them. After seeing the picture, the boy was deeply satisfied and grinned widely. He went down his seat and stood at the door, trying his very best to take pictures of the passing crowd.

He noticed a flower growing between the concrete space right beside his foot so he knelt, carefully steadying the phone to take a good shot.

"KYLIE!!!"

A woman's shout was heard and the boy turned his head. Ming Yu and Xihan abruptly stood up when the woman suddenly grabbed the boy for a hug which made the boy drop the borrowed phone.

The woman was in tears and pulled away taking a look at the boy's face. The boy wasn't sad and like a grown up man in a boy's body, raised his hand to pat the woman's head repeatedly chanting 'it's okay, it's okay.'

There was no need to guess who the woman was as her resemblance to the boy was striking. She hurriedly took her phone out and dialed a number, probably calling her husband that separated to search for their son.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! Oh my God, thank you very much!"

"It's okay." Ming Yu replied blandly.

"He didn't cause any trouble so there's no need to say more." Xihan comforted her.

"A-ah. H-how can we thank you? H-How about we go somewhere and-

"No need."

The parents were still thinking on how to express their thanks when the young boy tugged on Ming Yu's pants again and raised the phone.

"The picture ... I want it."

"Oh."

Ming Yu sent the picture to the parent's phone through Bluetooth. The Dad arrived fast and similarly gave his son a tight hug. When they received the picture, the parents were exaggerating, telling them that they'll treasure the picture well as they were their benefactor.

The boy tugged on Ming Yu's pants again but this time, he also tugged on Xihan's.

The couple knelt down and the boy suddenly cupped their faces.

Mwuah! Mwuah!

He kissed their cheeks with a loud smack of his lips before taking his parent's hands.

"Mommy, Daddy, let's go home."

"Ah, but-"

"Thank you very much for helping us!"

"But Husband-"

"You're making them uncomfortable."

"Mommy, I'm hungry ..."

"Okay. Okay. We're going. Take care! And thank you again!"

Xihan and Ming Yu waved them goodbye as they watched their silhouettes fade within the ever passing crowd.

"Children are nice, aren't they?"

"Mmn." Ming Yu couldn't agree more.

"Where should we go? Dinner?"

Ming Yu looked around once more an noticed the Ferris Wheel.

"Let's ride that then eat."

With the young boy gone, they could freely hold hands again.

-

The sun already went away and the breeze from high up was pretty chilly. Ming Yu snuggled close on Xihan's shoulders, quietly gazing the city outside. The lamp lights were now on and they looked like stars glistening on land. 

Xihan wasn't attached to the beauty outside but rather the beauty in his arms. Well, beauty wasn't really the right endearment since there was nothing feminine to describe Ming Yu. 

Gazing at the handsome face, from the eyes, nose lips. Even the distance between the brows and the plumpness of the lips. The solemn mood and stillness was too lovely that if they listen closely, they could hear each other's heartbeat.

"Did you have fun today?" Xihan asked in a gentle tone.

"Mmn. Today was really fun together with you." Ming Yu pushed some effort to describe his feelings through words.

"Should we come back here tomorrow?" If revisiting could make his precious Ming Yu have fun again then they could do so.

"No ... the last day, I want it to be with just us. At home with the dogs."

"Guozhi's friends might still be there."

"Then let's go walk by the beach again."

"Okay."

They went silent and the ride suddenly halted with their capsule stopping almost reaching the peak.

Looking outside made Ming Yu think of taking a picture and this thought chained into the image of the boy they helped just a while ago.

"Xihan ..."

"Mmn?"

"Adoption ... let's adopt."

"... is it because of the boy?" Ming Yu's suggestion didn't surprise him.

"Yeah ... I really miss having children ..."

"How many?"

"Three."

"Xin. Yue. Fu Xi?"

" ... no one can replace them. They'll have different names."

"Mmn. After the ceremony, we'll visit the adoption center."

This peace ... this hard to earn peace and love was everything.

Ming Yu moved away from the comforting embrace to look straight at his lover's eyes. There was some kind of pull that made him sink, drunken. His eyes lowering to stare at those lips.

The kiss was gentle and sweet. Xihan wrapped an arm around Ming Yu's waist to pull him closer, shortening the distance between their bodies.

Their heads turned to get a good grasp of the other's lips. The sweet kiss became hasty and Ming Yu took the initiative to probe his tongue in. Xihan welcomed it entangling his own together with it. They both closed their eyes immersing into that feeling of being loved and pleasure. The amorous mood was too tempting that Xihan's hands started to stray into Ming Yu's shirt so he hurriedly broke away before things developed too far.

The familiar silver line was glistening under the moonlight and Xihan licked the edge of Ming Yu's mouth before taking him into his arms again. He heard a loud squeal and realized that it came from the capsule across them. The muddle headed Ming Yu didn't hear it and Xihan only grinned at their direction.

"Don't tempt me ... it's really dangerous to be out with you."

The ride ended and the couple took their time to walk back into their car.

Xihan called Hui Guozhi. As expected, some of his friends were staying over so the couple wouldn't have the peace that they wanted.

They decided to drive to the nearest hotel but Ming Yu fell asleep on the way while leaning on the car window. The stoplight turned red and Xihan took this chance to move Ming Yu's head on his shoulder as it was more comfortable.

"Another pent up night for me." He sighed resigning to fate.

Xihan carried Ming Yu on his back since this was way more comfortable due to their similar height. The receptionist was a bit surprised but calmly talked to him and handed their room card.

He stripped away their clothes leaving themselves in their underwear and went straight to bed. Feeling the soft comfort of the mattress, Ming Yu reflexively reached his arms out for something to hug and caught Xihan's waist. Xihan pulled the body closer and kissed Ming Yu's forehead.

"Goodnight."

The night was uneventful yet such nights were what a lot of people yearned for yet rarely had.

(a/n: Even this author feels a bit jealous.(„• ֊ •„) )

71