Story 5 -END
2.5k 15 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Early release. (◕‿◕) ... i love you dear readers.

"I've already made an appointment with the adoption center, are you excited to meet them?" Xihan said while fixing Ming Yu's collar while also making sure the tie wasn't crooked.

"Mmn ... when?"

"The day after tomorrow. Is that soon enough?"

"Mmn."

After having a deep discussion, the two decided that it was better to meet the children as soon as possible so the children wouldn't be wary of them. Only after meeting them and getting along would they be able to tell if they could raise one since unlike Xin and Yue, these children weren't hundreds of years in age but less than a decade or a bit older.

Today was the movie premiere of the movie 'EVERYDAY'. 

Ming Yu's attendance was a must as part of the cast and Xihan was coming with him as his escort. His Husband might not be part of the circle but Ming Yu had no one else in mind to walk the carpet with other than his man.

There's nothing wrong with showing off your husband isn't there? 

"This is good. Since i'm walking with you, I am able to publicly show them that your mine."

[Admin: Hurhur. Your Husband is a beast. A beast I tell you.]

[Admin: He'll surely use your suit as an excuse to strip it away and take you to bed tonight again.]

"Mind if I take these off tonight too?"

[Admin: (⊙u⊙) lol what did I say ahaha.]

Ming Yu heartlessly slapped the lecherous hands away from his waist. Ever since he took the initiative that one time, it's as if his husband regained the libido of his 'younger' self back and kept lewdly sneaking his hands on his body to tease him from time to time.

Ming Yu flipped some kind of switch.

But thing is, this author's thirst was already satiated so he won't be taking the initiative anymore.

[Admin: I know nothing. I saw nothing. So I am ignorant. Ignorance is a bliss! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ]

The dogs had already been dropped off into a caretaker early that morning so it was just them at home getting ready.

Xihan's phone rang and he answered it. The woman's voice on the other side made him smile.

"She's here."

"Okay."

Outside of the apartment, Hui Guozhi's luxury car was waiting for them. A long slender hand that belonged to a woman waved at them as she was sitting on the driver's seat. Sitting beside her was Ming Yu's assistant, Ru Lanying.

"Sis. How are you?" Xihan flashed the same smile he did when answering the phone.

"Get in the car then talk."Stella Grant motioned them with her thumb.

At the premiere, they were to be dropped off directly before the red carpet so somebody needed to drive the car away and let others pass. 

Stella had been wanting to meet them especially the rumored 'male wife' so when Xihan told her through the call that they were going to the premiere, she took the chance to act as the driver taking away Ru Lanying's job.

"Hi Nian. I'm Stella, Zhi's ex-girlfriend. Nice to meet you~" Stella didn't mind the tag 'ex' and introduced herself with a light heart.

"Nice to meet you too."

The woman had short brown hair and blue eyes. She was foreign yet could speak their language well since she grew up in the country. She really come off as an elegant mature woman that men would covert. 

Remembering to how Mu Meifan as the female lead was to meet her 'fated male lead' on set, the undecided Ming Yu also included Hui Guozhi as a possible ML.

If that route succeeded, he had thoughts creating a more dramatic relationship where Hui Guozhi was unable to move on his ex, Stella Grant, which would add some spice on the story's progress.

The female lead's list of male candidates was such a variety that she could just create a Harem for herself if she wanted to haha.

"I heard you two are married? Nian, When's the big ceremony?"

"Ah ... we still haven't decided ..." This was the first time he met her so Ming Yu became confused when she tookt he initiative to ask him first.

"As soon as possible." Xihan curtly answered.

"Then should I ask my little sister to help you? She's a wedding planner so it's really convenient!"

Stella was in a long term relationship with Hui Guozhi tracing back to when she and him were still students. She had known Yi Shen from a very young age and treated him as her little brother so her enthusiasm wasn't strange.

"Then Sis, I won't refuse this chance and would like to ask you. Let it happen as soon as you can." Shameless thick-faced Xihan didn't let go of any opportunities to hold the wedding.

Xihan and Stella were planning the wedding through out the whole car ride while Ming Yu looked at the live video feed of the premier. 

A few familiar faces arrived already and took their time to walk on the carpet while signing their names onto the wall. Cameras flashed nonstop as they stroke simple poses to please the media with a good shot.

As their turn was about to arrive Ming Yu was feeling a bit uncomfortable as he never had been the focus of such a huge public crowd before. When Ming Yu was living as Jang Xin in their second life, he was only invited during interviews but wasn't active in public.

Ming Yu suddenly had second thoughts of pursuing this career.

[Admin: (°ロ°) !] for Admin, such thoughts was a nightmare.

Although there was only a few millimeter difference from Ming Yu's blank expression and his frown, Xihan noticed it. The car parked and Xihan went out first. He opened Ming Yu's door and held his hand hoping this gesture would somehow make him feel better.

Ming Yu smiled at him and took his hand. The rapid camera flashes caught their figure not leaving a single movement miss. The couple confidently walked on the red carpet hand in hand and approached the wall for Ming Yu to sign.

A lot of people already guessed that Xihan would be the one to escort him yet they weren't sure if this was bound to happen. Not all gay couples were courageous enough to walk together in public so for the viewers and fans, this was really a delightful surprise.

After signing, Ming Yu stood still for the pictures but Xihan didn't stay idle. He wrapped his arm around Ming Yu's waist and kissed his hair. Ming Yu calmly looked at him and smiled, amused.

This was normal for the couple but for those who witnessed, their breath stopped with different reasons. Some close to squealing and some baffled.

Ah! Ah! Ah! Coach Yi Shen kissed He Yu Nian's hair!  ((o(≧▽≦)o))

The premiere wasn't the venue for an interview so although the media had lots of questions left unanswered, they could only take their chances after the event.

Inside, a lot of actors were already seated and the one sitting beside Ming Yu other than Xihan was Mu Meifan.

Mu Meifan was leaning on her chair with a hand covering her face clearly unhappy. Her hands were even slightly shaking and Ming Yu was too curious and asked.

"Someone broke into my apartment." This was the first thing that came out of her mouth.

"Are you okay?" Ming Yu was stumped. He really doesn't remember writing up something like this. Although the idea itself is interesting.

[Admin: Author, i think it's not appropriate to be inspired.]

"It's that stalker! Dammit!" She made sure of this.

She tried catching the culprit with 02's help yet the stalker himself was quite meticulous not leaving the CCTV capture his face. She also tried hacking through the stalker's media account but it didn't work. The culprit had multiple accounts and even if they were traced, the places, emails and most information that she gathered were different.

This stalker was no ordinary person.

Not only that, she kept losing all the points she gathered in every attempt which instilled fear in her heart since 02 was her only trump card.

The system 02 was a powerful system but it wasn't sentient so it's actions was dependent on the Host's wishes.

It's like giving a normal person a supercomputer but doesn't know how to use it in it's full capacity making that lack of knowledge a demerit.

At least the CCTV records of a person constantly following her around alerted the authority but what happened this morning was really too much.

"Yu Nian, remember those box of macaroons? When the police checked into my apartment apparently there was a tracker skillfully hidden inside it. I asked Dieter if he remembered who gave it to him and he said he might remember after seeing the crew's faces but because of the premiere, the police cannot take action."

"Right after the premiere i'll be escorted out through the back door where my car is waiting for me and won't be staying for the after party."

"Where will you be staying?" Xihan asked.

"I asked Dieter. He said that a friend of his would cover me. I dare not go to my assistant's place and hide or whoever that person is might just follow me there."

"I wasn't in touch since it's my own business but argh! This f*cking stresses me out!!!"

[02: Host your remaining balance points is 107. The subject 'stalker' is present within the building's proximity.]

"WHAT?!!!" Riled up by her own feelings, she said it out loud.

The people in the room: (⊙_⊙) "..."

"Sorry."

The most people in the room: (눈_눈)"..."

Competition winners, journalists, production crew, sponsors, PR people, friends of the cast and crew were filling up the seats and the screening was about to start.

Mu Meifan didn't bother telling the couple that the very stalker was around since telling them about it would do nothing but knowing this threw off her composure.

The movie was more than an hour long and Mu Meifan felt as if she was sitting on pins and needles unable to calm down. The screen that only she could see was blinking red as the stalker was nearby, seated far back from her.

Ming Yu also found it hard to pay attention, distracted by Mu Meifan's constant shifting of her legs and tapping of her fingers. Xihan was also the same glancing at Ming Yu only to see his eyes roll to the side and not on the movie.

The loud applause snapped Mu Meifan from her thoughts and stood together with the audience as the movie ended. Most of the crowd especially those part of the production crew had smiles on their faces, satisfied with how the film turned out on the big screen.

As the big crowd dispersed, Mu Meifan didn't hesitate to step out intent of leaving turning down all those who approached for a chat. Ming Yu and Xihan exchanged glances and decided to follow her.

Mu Meifan quickly noticed the footsteps behind her and her brisk walking slowed down in tune with them.

"Why are you following me?"

"To see you off."

"Mmn."

She glanced at the red dot which stopped and she sighed in relief.

"I heard from Dieter you'll adopt?"

"Mmn."

"Kids are a pain to take care you  know? Are you sure you're ready for it?"

"We have experience." Xihan said it outright with confidence.

"Oh~ i'm curious why~ anyways don't forget to send me an invitation for the wedding. I'll crash the party if I don't receive it!"

"I don't think so-"

" ... i'll make sure of it." Ming Yu assured this.

Not long after coming outside the back exit the black van parked before them and Mu Meifan's assistant rolled the window down and nodded her head in greeting.

"Then i'm off. Have a wonderful Afterparty~"

The van closed it's door and drove off.

-

Inside the van, Mu Meifan's phone rang and she denied the call from the unknown number.

Her phone rang again and a message prompt popped up which frustrated her further. She didn't wish to read through it but the first line of the message started her and she nervously unlocked her phone with her thumb print to read the entire message.

So it's really one of them?

Then i'll take one down. If i'm lucky, it'll be the right one.

Sweet dreams, Darling.

"TURN BACK!! TURN BACK!!!"

-

Since Mu Meifan left the couple also decided to not stay for too long and after greeting a few notable people they would leave.

"Director."

"Ah! Yu Nian!" the happy man's eyes bent into crescents when he saw him.

When the crew saw this, they also surrounded them, complimenting Ming Yu for his work especially after remembering that remarkable make up scene.

Ming Yu also shared the news to the director of them getting married and that he would like for him to attend the ceremony. The director gladly agreed.

Hui Guozhi who came late and sat a few seats away finally had the chance to approach them.

"How's Stella?"

"Why are you asking us? Little Uncle, are you two back together?"

" ... i wish ... but no, i'm still pursuing her although I feel like we might be a couple again soon. She sent me a message that she really liked Nian and would like to go eat out some time, so, where should we go and when?"

"Little Uncle, we won't act like bridges to woo your woman so don't even think of using us as an excuse." Hui Guozhi was oozing an aura of love-sickness that it's embarrassing.

"Just this once, i won't ask for rent next month so let's go out on a double date."

"Fine." 

"Good. Let's talk about this later." Hui Guozhi got what he wanted and didn't stay to chat any longer leaving the couple alone.

"Ah Yu, should we go?"

"Mmn." They already said their greetings so there was no point on staying any longer.

The two walked into the parking lot which was only accessible for those part of the filming and after a few turns, they easily found their ride. 

Stella took Ru Lanying with for a girl's day since none of her friends were available for the day so it has been decided that the two would drive the care themselves home.

Ming Yu was about to step inside when he noticed that his outer jacket was missing. He remembered putting it on his seat since he felt uncomfortable wearing too many layers. Why did Xihan even choose a 3 piece suit?

"Stay here, i'll go get it."

"Mmn."

Ming Yu sat on the passenger seat and leaned on the window to wait. His eyes following Xihan's back as it disappears, hindered by the car beside theirs.

[Admin: Should I leave now or stay longer?]

With Xihan absent, he summoned the keyboard to chat.

[Ming Yu: ?]

[Admin: Won't you be busy tonight? Are you having dinner first or straight into it? (≖ ͜ʖ≖)]

[Ming Yu: ... Admin ... your lack of decency.]

[Admin: Was caused by you.]

[Ming Yu: "..."]

[Ming Yu: (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚]

[Admin: "..."]

[Admin: I'm over that already so you better stop.]

[Ming Yu: Ok. (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚]

[Admin: (눈_눈)]

BANG!

[Admin: ?]

A loud noise resounded which startled him. The sound seemed to have come from nearby. It sounded similar to a tire exploding.

Ming Yu walked out and looked around him if there was something out of place. He put a hand on his chest as he felt like something was stuck inside making it difficult to breathe.

He patted it gently and decided to walk back inside to check since Xihan seemed to be taking a while probably dragged away by some guests for a chat.

The automatic door opened when his wrist was suddenly grabbed, jerking him to turn around.

"Mu Meifan ..."

"Are you okay?!" she was out of breath from sprinting.

"Where's Yi Shen?!"

"Inside?"

"What's ... wrong?"

"Its-!" Her eyes rolled, confused on where to start and hurriedly opened her phone to show him the message directly.

[Admin: Author this-!]

Ming Yu didn't reply and sprinted away with all the strength in his legs. The stifled feeling in his chest spread quickly like a disease and the painful throbbing of his heart was filling his ears.

He frantically looked every corner hoping to see his husband's upright back searching desperately and just halfway before he arrive into the cinema did he met Hui Guozhi who had a confused look on his face.

"Nian? You still didn't leave?"

"Xihan! Where's Xihan?!"

"Who?"

"Yi Shen!!"

"He already left with your coat. What's going on?!" Hui Guozhi had never seen such an awful face on him and the sense of dread that Ming Yu was giving off affected him.

"HURRY AND CALL THE AMBULANCE!! SOMEONE GOT SHOT!!!"

"What?!"

"!!!"

Ming Yu intensely ran to the direction of the shout and the narrow hallway was already surrounded by a small crowd.

He desperately squeezed through the crowd but just before he could fully go pass he stopped.

"..."

The coat that his foot stepped on was extremely familiar.

"Hey! Let me pass!" Hui Guozhi who followed him advanced through the crowd and lightly pushed Ming Yu to the side to stabalize his footing and have a good look.

The body was lying on his side that from where they were standing the body's back was facing them but even so, Hui Guozhi full well who was wearing the exact same clothes. 

Blood seeped out from the wound creating a small puddle of red and Hui Guozhi quickly knelt down, shifting the body into his arms attempting to stop the blood with use of his hands by adding pressure on the wound.

"Shen?! SHEN!! oh my god- what happened here?!!"

"Did someone call the ambulance?!! CALL THEM TO HURRY UP!!!"

"I-I-I already called!! T-t-they're coming right away!!!"

"SH*T!! It's not stopping!! NIAN!" 

Hui Guozhi turned his head and looked up but after looking at Ming Yu's face his guts told him that Yi Shen won't be his only cause of worry.

Ming Yu leaned on the wall for support and repeatedly hit his chest with his fist to somehow ease the pain. He wanted to step toward Yi Shen and touch his hand to feel its warmth but pain like a sharp knife assaulted his head turning his legs weak as he curled like a ball grasping on his head.

What's happening ... what's going on ...

Xihan ... where ...

[Admin: Author! Ming Yu! Ming Yu! Snap out of it!!!]

[Admin: Everything is going to be- %^&*(_+!!!]

He fought back the pain and shook his head yet tears started to fall from his eyes. 

He opened his eyes to look at his husband's face which was pale from the loss of blood. His breathing turned haggard and a person from the crowd tried pulling him up only for him to drop back down as another wave of headache hit him hard, forcing him on his knees.

[Admin:It's not- @~?>%%*&!!!^&(*!]

[Admin: **&(^&()!!!]

"Xihan ... Xi ..." He weakly approached and was finally able to hold his hand but the pain in his heart throbbed loudly as he felt Xihan's cold hand lifelessly hanging within his grasp.

If I know what love is, it is because of you

Let's fly somewhere and get married. I miss having a ring on my finger...

I've already made an appointment with the adoption center, are you excited to meet them?

"HE YU NIAN!!"

Ming Yu couldn't hear him and silently grasped Xihan's cold hand as he cried.

Was it ... supposed to end this way?

[Admin: (&*()&^%~*()!!!]

The blue screen repeatedly flashed and glitched yet Ming Yu took no notice of it. His eyes was fixated on the bloodied figure who's eyes were closed, seemingly asleep looking as it always did in the mornings. 

The person that Ming Yu would stare at with loving eyes no matter which lifetime.

[Admin: MING YU!!!]

One final hit of the same sharp pain stopped his breath ... 

Ming Yu felt how his body went limp and hit the ground lying closely on Xihan's body.

He closed his eyes submitting to the pull that he felt and breathed out his last.

---------- Connection to system 'Admin' lost. Re-establishing connection to Host.

---------- Re-establishing failed. Attempting to re-connect.

---------- Re-establishing failed. Attempting to re-connect.

---------- Re-establishing failed. Attempting to re-connect.

---------- Re-establishing failed. Attempting to re-connect.

---------- Connection to system 'Admin' terminated.

64