Story 6.0 Time
2.6k 7 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ming Yu was sinking deep into the ocean where the noise filled world finally found it's calm.

He seemed to have sunk for quite a while.

It was comforting ... the silence all around him. The feeling of sinking slowly at peace...

But then the deeper he went, the colder his surroundings became which reminded him of that lifeless cold hand that he wrapped around with his own. That freezing contact that ran through his nerves instilling dread deep within his whole being.

So he swam back up with eyes that shut itself close. He struggled with his legs and arms away from the dark green depths.

His body was nothing compared to the vast ocean that enveloped him but there was this one thought that pushed him to continue to push through.

There was still someone he needed to see.

-

"Hah- ..." Ming Yu woke up, sweating profusely and his heart was thumping wildly in his chest.

He breathed in and out in rapid successions and raised his hand to rest on his heart gently patting it. He was confused unable to sort his thoughts and looked around, the room was unfamiliar.

 At times like this he would hear a ring inside his head yet there was no sound of Admin greeting him.

Ming Yu quickly thought of opening the chatroom but it did not appear and this never happened before making him arch his eyebrow in question.

"Admin ..." he mumbled yet there was no blue screen.

Maybe he's late ...

He waited for a while and yet still, nothing appeared. He attempted on summoning the chatroom repeatedly but this too was a fail.

When he was about to try for the nth time, the mailbox icon on the corner of his eye flashed with a distinct '1' and he quickly opened it.

-------You received a message-------

[Admin: If you really cared about me then by the time you receive this message you would've wondered where i've gone. 

[-If not then damn you. (・'ω'・)

The first lines of this letter helped and felt as if a feather lightly brushed his inside making him forget the uneasiness for a split second.

[-About what happened, you suffered under great shock which stimulated your brain and greatly affected your real body to the point that you were rushed to the ER to save your life.

[- Yes. you almost died. For real.

[-I am not allowed to tell you the details but due to this there's been a change of plans.

[-This will be the last world.

The content switched so fast that Ming Yu thought he read wrong.

[-Due to this incident, the higher ups decided to put you in a world that is outside of your novel, An original. It isn't an understatement to say that this is a world dedicated to you but I won't be by your side as they are angry at me. You won't be alone. Your husband will accompany you.

[-The chatroom function has been replaced and a writing program has been added. Author you wanted to write a new book didn't you? This time, you'll print it out for sure. Without running away.

[-I know you have questions but put them aside... Make sure you spend time with your husband and just focus on being together like the loving couple that you are. You have been given a lot of time in this life.

[-You'll give him a proper goodbye won't you?

"Goodbye ..." this was really too sudden.

[-I'm sorry ... really sorry Ming Yu. Please take care of him and be happy.

[-Watch over him closely. He needs you more than you know. More than any lifetime.

[-I can only help you two this much. Bye.

----------------

"..."

Ming Yu stared blankly at the letter.

"..."

He speechlessly shifted his legs to the side and move away from the bed when noticed the size of his feet. They were far smaller from that of an adult and this difference made him look at his palm to check hi speculation twice.

"Is this what he ... meant by more time ..."

There was a big mirror right beside his bed and he stood up to look at himself.

His body was that boy who's around 10- 12 years old and wore a rocket ship printed pajama's in shades of white and blue. He turned his head to the window and realized that the sun has yet to rise. It was still early.

Ming Yu opened the door and silently walked through the halls barefoot. No matter what he saw, nothing triggered a memory but the ambiance in the room was one of that of a warm family. 

He has parents. 

But right now, he wasn't curious about them. After looking around enough he opened the entrance door and walked out. The front yard was small but there was an abundance of colorful potted flowers on it that were growing healthily. 

He opened the last gate that would take him outside and slowly turned his head to examine the road. It wasn't narrow but rather wide and right in front of their's was another house. He looked up at the sky which was starting to turn blue.

Why was he outside? Even he himself didn't understand. Ming Yu's thoughts were blank but he had a feeling ... that he needed to come out.

The refreshing breeze of the morning wind made him close his eyes. He squatted down onto the hard ground and leaned on the entrance gate as his eyes were fixed above.

Then heard the familiar metallic creak and he looked at the direction of the sound.

A boy around the age of 6-10 walked from the house before his. He was wearing silken black pajamas that was slightly lighter than his charcoal black hair. 

He easily spotted Ming Yu and gazed at him with a look too mature for his age. 

Ming Yu didn't hesitate to stand up and bolted taking the younger child in his arms.

"..."

For a moment ... at least for a minute long, neither of the two spoke but Ming yu started to shake letting his body express the sorrow he bottled inside. It was at this moment that it dawned to him that a part of him was convinced ... that he won't see him again.

"Seriously. What the hell is this ..."

Xihan complained and hugged Ming Yu back. His arms were a bit too short that it couldn't wrap around entirely on Ming Yu's waist.

"Mmn ..." This tightness was enough for Ming Yu to whimper and cry uncontrollably.

Xihan already prepared his heart when this happened but after feeling Ming Yu's warmth and the dampness on his shoulder heavily pricked his heart so badly that he wanted to punch himself.

"... i'm here ..." Xihan gently patted Ming Yu's trembling back but this only made him bawl harder.

He broke away from the embrace and cupped Ming Yu's crying face. The eyes were misted and the tears continued to trail down smoothly. Ming Yu was biting his lips to stop his voice from coming out and the knit between his brows was tight.

Ming Yu hugged him back unwilling to let go and continued crying. Xihan trembled as he himself was desperately holding back his own tears however, maybe it's because he was inside the body of a child that he couldn't keep it up and embraced Ming Yu tighter, his tears soaking Ming Yu's chest.

They were forcefully parted and now reunited. When they unwillingly separated, a part of their heart was torn apart and it lingered like a fresh wound, scalding and long lasting.

The sky turned blue but the shadow in their hearts were too heavy to notice this change.

"I'm sorry ... i'm sorry for a lot of things ..."

"I was ... really afraid that ..." It was hard for Ming Yu say his words as they were stuck in between sobs and trying to breathe.

"..." Xihan didn't say more as apologizing wouldn't make things better. He sniffed to free his clogged nose but his crying quickly pushed them back out.

"Xihan?" The door of Xihan's house opened and his father? sprinted out when he heard their low cries.

He hurriedly grabbed Xihan's arms but he wasn't letting go so he knelt in front of them, worried and scared.

"What's going on? Why are you two crying? What's wrong?!" He rapidly asked questions but the two were still within the moment of sadness that they didn't answer back.

Father Li was checking on his sons when he noticed one missing on the bed. He checked the bathroom door, the living room even the kitchen but he didn't find him. He frowned at this and checked outside that maybe he would find his youngest outside.

And he did. Crying!

This commotion was noticed by his wife and also came out. Xihan's father told his wife to ring Ming Yu's house to wake his parents up and when they did, two men rushed up and surrounded them with puzzled faces.

Everything was good yesterday, why was their child crying outside so early in the morning?!

Ming Yu was still caught up in his own feelings so Xihan who calmed down a bit explained the situation to the adults first.

"We had a nightmare ..." That's right. This reason bears no lie.

Xihan held Ming Yu's hand squeezing it tight.

"A terrible nightmare."

57