Story 6.2 Primary School
2k 8 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
a/n: This author fell asleep while writing *sweats. Sorry for late release.

Ming Yu 10, Xihan 6

Countdown: 12 years to go before turning 18. -Xihan

-

"I am not doing it! NO WAY!!!"

"Is that how you talk to your parents?! YAO XIHAN YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!"

"Wan Er ... don't be too rough-" There was no stopping Wan Ke Er's temper but as her husband, Yao Ren Jin still needed to devote himself into the role. A very tiring role.

"YOU SHUT YOUR TRAP! YAO XIHAN YOU BRAT COME BACK HERE!!!"

The shouting within the Yao household was so loud it bulldozed through thick walls and also through Ming Yu's house.

"What could be wrong? Huang'er should we go and ask?" Yue could only worry about the screaming that has been going on for almost half an hour now.

"It's their problem. If they need us they will come."

RING! RING! RING! RING! RING!

The doorbell repeatedly rang and Ming Yu opened the door.

"Ah Yu! Quickly! Quickly! Close the door!"

"YAO XIHAN!!!"

"Tch!" He quickly sprinted in and pulled Ming Yu away before closing the door. He didn't let go of Ming Yu's hand and rush up to the Ming couple to hide behind them. With the Ming couple as meat shields, Wan Ke Er was sure to forcefully swallow down the fire in her belly.

Ming Huang heard the doorbell ring once and welcomed them. In front of him was a red faced pissed off mother and a troubled father who was at lost of what to do. Yao Ren Jin apologized for the inconvenience while Wan Ke Er didn't and walked straight in.

"You brat!! Come here and let me spank you!!!" Wan Ke Er wanted to scream but didn't forget that they were in someone elses house so she controlled it.

"I don't want to! I hate it!  Why the hell should I act into that childish play?!! I'll lose face!!!"

"Face? What face do you have?! Damn it! If you don't act don't think i'll ever let you see Ming Yu again!"

"As if you can stop me old hag! I'll jump down my window if I have too!"

"Did you just- Brat! I really need to smack that butt!!" Old hag?! Who the duck is an old hag?!!

 The chaos from the neighboring house walked into theirs and Ming Yue flinched at every sentence exchanged. Ming Yu understood what was going on and smiled holding in the laugh he's been saving since yesterday.

"Brat! Do the damn play! What's so bad about it? You were chosen to be the prince! A prince! Be damn honored!"

"I'm too old for that damn it!" F*ck! I'm not really a kid so why the hell would I dress up and act in some stupid children's play?

"You're just damn 6! What too old are you talking about?!"

"If i say i'm old then I am old!"

"Okay fine! Don't be a Prince, at least participate! When mom said that she wish to video tape her son's childhood moment you said you understand. Since you understand, then why aren't you letting mom see you as a prince and kiss a pretty princess?!"

"Let Ze Min be the damn Prince! We have the same exact face!"

"But he wanted to be a dog!"

"He's too handsome to be a dog!"

"But he likes it!"

"Then force him! Convince him that a prince is 100 times better! Bribe him with sweets or candies! Damn!" Xihan was overrun with ideas.

"But what about you?"

"I'll be the damn tree!!"

"YAO. XI. HAN."

Ming Yu made a move and pulled on the wild woman who was gnashing her teeth as if to sharpen them. 

"Don't force him. He promised to be the tree ... l-let him ... be the tree .." He stuttered midway as his lips curved into a funny smile. Was he too mean?

"Tch!" Xihan clicked his tongue and frowned at Ming Yu. His wife wasn't on his side and had been looking forward to this since yesterday!

"But just because Xiaohan didn't want to be part of the play, it wasn't enough reason to shout out him, is it?" Ming Yue wished more of the details.

"This boy asked us to lie for him and call him in sick on that day to avoid performing. He even had the the guts that if possible its better to tell them that he's at the hospital so he's excused for the month! The nerve of this brat!"

Ming Yu stared coldly at Xihan. Asking his parents to lie for him was too naughty and as a parent, it really was something that would've made him angry too.

But the stare didn't last as he imagined the cute little Xihan wearing that costume.

Pfft. What a cute little tree.

The hurricane went away and it was time for the three children to go to school.

 The three attended the same school. Ming Yu in 4th grade, Xihan and Ze Min in 1st grade.

Transmigrating from the very childhood had its disadvantages and that is repeating the very basic and boring grade. 

Being in class was hell. The two felt so out of place and couldn't really keep up acting like a child especially for Xihan. Whenever his teacher would come up and talk to her, she would always use that baby tone that was so annoying. 

Ming Yu was different, as an orphan, he was thought within the orphanage rather than at school. Some were lucky to enroll but he couldn't, the orphanage wasn't that well off. When he was fostered in,  he was put under too much pressure and never really had a good look so for him, school was interesting.

Understanding this, Xihan would complain about certain things like the theater play but the majority of it, he would only grumble to himself.

The three weren't chaperoned and would take the bus. Hand in hand they would walk together to the bus stop and wait.

Ming Yu and Xihan needed to keep a close eye on Ze Min who just wouldn't stay still. The kid was currently kneeling on the ground watching the ants march on the pavement while carrying food.

A butterfly flew past him which caught his attention so he stood up with a smile, he took a few step to follow it and bumped on the old lady sitting on the edge of the bench. The old lady chuckled at the cute child and patted his head, Xihan walk up and apologized but the old lady wasn't bothered and took out candy from her pockets. Ze Min grinned and didn't hesitate to take it.

The bus arrived so Xihan also took one in a hurry. They let the old lady inside first and followed after, taking the front two seats. Ze Min sat on Ming Yu's lap with Xihan sitting beside them.

 Mornings usually start peacefully like this. Their school wasn't far and was only a 30 minute walk with their tiny legs. For their parent's, it would only take them 15 minutes at best.

Only Ze Min had friends and was quite popular at school. Actually the twins themselves were popular, one cold and unfriendly while the other was warm and sunny. Ming Yu would often meet them at school with little girls tailing their back.

Ming Yu still find it awkward at times but he does get along with the children in his class. Being the quiet kid wasn't that bad and some of them would invite him to play.

In school, Ming Yu was the big brother so he took the two to their class first. First graders have it easy for the month since their only focus was preparing for the theater. 

"Oh! the two of you are here!" The teacher warmly welcomed them.

"Teacher Su, i'll be joining the play but I won't be the prince. I'll ... be the tree. If you won't agree then I won't join no matter what. Let Ze Min be the prince."

"Ah ... but Xihan-"

"BUT I WANT TO BE THE DOG!" Ze Min interrupted her from talking and butted in.

"If you agree to be the prince Ah Yu and I will take you to the toy store. I'll buy that thing for you."

"Really?!" (°ロ°) !

 "Really." (* ̄▽ ̄) The adults will pay for it though.

"TEACHER I WANT TO BE THE PRINCE!"

"Wait! You can't just do that."

"Teacher i'm stubborn. Take this or leave it." Xihan wasn't compromising.

"Uhh ..." She glanced at Ming Yu but he only shook his head unable to help her.

The teacher sighed and went up to the other children to talk. As expected, most of the girls let out unhappy hums in disappointment. After talking it through, the children finally nodded their heads and one of the boys decided to switch places and be the dog.

She walked up them but the look on her face was still unhappy. There was a good looking pair of twins in class yet one wished to remain as a tree trunk. What a shame!

"Then go to your places now. Student Ming, you can go."

"Mmn."

"Ah Yu. Pick me up later. I'll be waiting."

"Yu Gege, bye! bye!"

"Mmn."Xihan approached and gave him a tight hug before letting go.

The door closed before so he turned to his left which was the direction of his classroom. 

The further he walked through the halls, the older the children around him. Pass the 5th graders class was his. Opening the door, they were all in their own groups chatting about topics that he didn't understand. They all greeted him hello but Ming Yu only nodded and headed to his seat. He propped a hand on his chin and looked outside where the sky was blue and children were running around. The school wasn't bad at all.

That looks like fun. Right, Admin?

Of course, there was no one who'll reply. 

Ever since he disappeared, Ming Yu started to wonder what he's been doing and could only hope that everything was going well. 

Shortly, the teacher arrived so he took his head away from the clouds to focus on what was in front of him.

"Everyone bought their sport clothes with you? Let's head to the court."

"..." ( ̄ー ̄ ) the disadvantage of going back to school.

-

"Hey! Why are you walking?! I said run another lap then run!"

With the P.E teacher shouting like than, they could only force their tired legs to continue and push through their limits.

Ming Yu sat on the bench beside the teacher while watching at the others who were already playing at the corner of the court. 

It didn't take him long for him to give and tripped over nothing earning a scratch on the knee. A patch was torn and the wound had already been cleaned. Other than stinging, there was no problem.

But Ming Yu hated that stinging feeling so he didn't play.

"Still hurts?"

"A little bit." 

The door was left open and Ming Yu heard children entering the building. There was another room used for dancing which was connected to the building right beside the court, to get in, they needed to enter through the same entrance.

Ming Yu heard teacher Su's voice and his bored self perked up. He looked through the door's gap and saw Ze Min enter with Xihan carrying papers in their hand which was probably the script. The little children entering the room was like an image of ducklings entering the water that even his teacher who stood beside him was grinning.

"MeiMei~" his teacher called out on his daughter and little MeiMei greeted back with a flowery smile.

Xihan turned his head to the sound of the man's voice surprised to see his wife beside him. Xihan broke away from the flock and opened his arms. Ming Yu knelt and hugged him. Children's temperature was higher than normal especially someone as young as Xihan which was extremely comfortable.

"Teach ... can I go and join them?" 

"Go ask Ms. Su if she's okay with it." There was nothing for his student to do and since the little man in his arms was staring back at him, he felt like he would be too mean to say no.

"Mmn."

Ms. Su had nothing against it so he went inside together wit them.

With an older boy entering the room, all eyes turned to him.

"Brother, why are you here?"

"Ah! It's Xihan and MinMin's brother!"

"Are you playing with us?"

"Can you play doctor?"

"Brother look! I made this flower! Isn't it pweetty?"

"Okay children! Let brother go and go to your places. Today we'll practice singing the song so focus okay?"

"Brother let's play later~"

"Play! Play!"

Ming Yu waved his hand and sat on the floor with his legs stretched out. He pulled up his pants so it won't rub on his bandaged wound.

"What happened?" Xihan saw it and sat beside, pouting.

"I tripped and fell ... not joining them?"

"I'm the tree. I don't need to do much."

"Pfft ..." He still found this this quite laughable.

"Wasn't the tree ... supposed to dance?"

"Don't even bring that up. I'm already regretting it." Everyone was to dance at the end of the play and this, he couldn't run away from.

"I'll make sure to take a video ... i'll be keeping it."

"As long as you're happy."

The children's singing filled the room. It was such a disorder but the children were smiling and was giving their all so it was rather good to look at.

"Not singing?"

"I already agreed with the play. Don't lecture me, this uncle can only take this much."

"Mmn."

Ming Yu leaned forwards then to his side, resting his head on Xihan's small legs. It was enough to accommodate his head so it wasn't as uncomfortable as he thought it would be.

"Heavy?"

"No."

Xihan ran his hands through his wife's hair. Ming Yu's class would be using the court for 2 hours and it hasn't even been 30 mins when he tripped and fall. Xihan's class were staying for 4 hours straight so there was time to rest.

"Is he feeling sick?" Ms. Su asked, a bit concerned.

"Let him rest. I'll wake him up when the bell rings."

"Ok. Take care of big brother well. Aren't you a big boy~"

"..." ( ̄ー ̄ ) Ma'am, please stop.

 "Pfft ..."

"Don't laugh. Rest."

"Mmn."

Sleeping wasn't a challenge.

-

It was yet another dream.

He was sitting underneath a tree and a distance away from him was a man sitting on a bench. Ming Yu couldn't see his face as the man's back was facing him.

He seemed to be looking at something on his lap. Ming Yu didn't know why but he felt uncomfortable, his heart felt stuck on his chest.

The man looked up, his hair gray with a few black strands left. Ming Yu followed his sight but saw nothing in the sky, rather now that he paid attention to it, it wasn't blue but white.

No, it disappeared? Even the tree behind him disappeared.

Ming Yu hurriedly turned his attention to the man and his body started to tremble.

Like dusts being blown away, the bench started to crumble. Everything around them was crumbling and turning into dust that was blown away by the wind.

Ming Yu wanted to move and grab him but his legs were disappearing first. He screamed a name yet oddly so, he couldn't hear it himself.

It was like he was shouting on mute so even he himself didn't know who's name he was saying.

The man sitting on the bench flinched and moved his head sightly to the right. 

Look back!

Ming Yu waited for him to turn back but the man, after some thought decided not to. He looked back up accepting how his body begun to crumble faster than Ming Yu.

Look back!

Where are you going?!

I want to go with you!

The wind kicked in and took the dust away leaving Ming Yu alone, crumbling ever so slowly.

He lifelessly looked at how his hand fall apart, reaching his shoulder and up to his neck.

A tear fell and he was never to be seen again.

49