Epilogue: Awake
1.9k 12 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Look forward to ML's arc (  ̄w ̄) 

Ming Yu didn't want to wake up.

The loud obnoxious ringing of his phone jolted him awake, making him frown at the annoying sound of it. Although tired and half asleep, his body responded quickly by moving his legs out of the bed and stood up.

There wasn't much needed to be done and nor did he felt like doing anything extra. He went straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower, brushed his teeth, washed his face and then went out for work with an empty stomach. 

The heat of summer made him feel the hunger that he'd been ignoring so he stopped by the convenience store and bought ready-made sandwiches to fill his stomach. They weren't delicious but was enough to satisfy him and he silently sat on the bus stop bench to wait.

It has been a month.

Four lonely weeks of living with only memories of him.

Ming Yu got kicked out of his old apartment and he had no choice. He now lived in a different house, a different city and worked a different job.

His bank account was enough for him to live idly for a few years so there was no more overworking himself by working 3 fixed jobs a day and a few hourly ones. The Cafe he was working was enough and after his shift, he could even take his time at the corner and sit beside the glass windows to look outside. His new found favorite spot.

At work, the dress code was quite casual where he only needed to change into a light blue dress shirt and tie a gray apron down his waist. His eyeglasses were fogged up so he wiped it clean for although he now have time in his hands, he was too lazy to buy a new pair of contact lenses.

"You're here?" The boss welcomed him.

"Mmn."

"Is that all you have to say?"

"Morning ... boss."

"Good Morning!~"\(≧▽≦)/

"..." (  ̄ー ̄)

Ming Yu and the owner's wavelength were the exact opposite of the other. At first, the boss thought that Ming Yu was a gloomy person to talk to but quickly realized that Ming Yu was simply the type that talked less.

During the interview, she said this:

 "As long as you reel in more female costumers with your face I don't mind! Handsome Man! Cold Cutie! MengMeng! Ming Meng!" She raised both thumbs giving him a powerful okay sign.

The boss' energy level was regularly maxed out that it was sometimes uncomfortable for Ming Yu to be round her.

"Xiao Rong and Yan are already inside so hurry up! I'll be upstairs so ring me up when needed! Spare a cheescake for me~" She repeatedly slapped Ming Yu's back with force before running upstairs.

That hurt.

"Don't slack off!" She shouted out of sight.

"..." (  ̄ー ̄) Too much enthusiasm.

Rong Yi and Yan were the two baristas working in the Cafe. One female, one male.

Yan's name was actually Ian, a foreigner. Boss Ning had difficulties saying the 'I' from Ian so she replaced it and called him Yan. Ian was fluent with the language so there was no problems with communicating.

The day started started well as costumers steadily arrived. The Cafe was well known in the area so this was understandable, even Ming Yu who tried it at the first time kept coming back in the mornings even in days where he didn't have work.

The busy morning was a bit straining for Ming Yu. Usually there would be another server however that person called in sick so he was the only one responsible for serving all the customers for the day. Luckily, Rong Yi would find time to help him out whenever she could so things were still bearable for him.

Afternoon came and the customers finally dwindled in numbers. Ming Yu let out a tired sigh after getting a breather.

"Ming Yu." Ian walked up to him with a sly grin.

"Yes ..."

Ian put an arm over his shoulders and pointed at a table far right of the counter.

"That girl is here again for you."

Oh... so?

The girl was pretty. With long black hair, a peach rounded eye shape, small nose and pinkish thin lips. She was definitely the popular type and whenever she sat, a book was always on her hand. When she noticed Ming Yu's gaze, she sweetly smiled and waved a hand in greeting.

"..."

"Have you asked her name yet? I only see her visit the cafe every once in a week or two but since you came, she's been visiting daily. You sure you aren't interested?"

"No."

"Tell me, what did you do to have such a pretty girl fawn over you. Your charms?" Ian stepped back and observed Ming Yu from head to toe while nodding to himself, agreeing to something.

"Definitely the cool headed brother type that young women are into these days. If you were older, I can say daddy. A cool headed daddy."

"..."(  ̄ー ̄) what is he even talking about?

"For a guy's standards, you're not really feminine but you are ... sexy." Ian nodded his head again when he said this.

Ming Yu who saw the his face and body everyday on the mirror butt naked couldn't understand this foreigner's view of him.

"Anyways, set things out clean real quick so there won't be any trouble in the future."

"Maybe ... you're thinking too much."He didn't want to go up, ask and probably embarrass himself if he got it wrong. Ming Yu never paid too much attention in how he looked so being called handsome or sexy didn't seem right for him.

"Ming Yu, really?" Ian knew that this co-worker of his was simply acting dumb but still, what he said was really stupid.

"Work ... get to work." he didn't want to talk more about this so he went and wiped the tables. Leaving a dissatisfied Ian who shook his head.

The cafe was only open till late afternoon.

Ming Yu didn't leave after his shift and sat on his favorite spot with his coffee in his hands. In front of him was the new laptop that he bought in black. He was reading through his unfinished drafts making sure that they were print ready, suitable to be shared.

He planned on contacting a publisher and submit a sample of his work.

This time, he was really intent of publishing it. Whatever ... ways the Admin did to convince him worked.

Ming Yu was generous enough to give Admin much credit. 

Just joking, if it wasn't for Admin none of it would have happened at all.

Without him in his life, it's been awfully quiet ...

It's often the noisiest that are often missed.

Ming Yu took a sip out of his cup and continued checking through his work. The screen somehow dimmed a little and so he looked up to see who the shadow belonged too.

"Hello." The girl in her early twenties was blocking the light of the lamp behind her, hence the shadow.

"Would you mind?" she gestured to the seat in front of Ming Yu. This put him in a spot. He didn't really have a good reason to refuse for the girl didn't really say anything leaving him troubled of what to do.

Yet seeing no harm to this, he nodded his head at her.

Unlike Ian's expectant gaze, the girl didn't do anything and silently read her book. Ming Yu continued to work on his documents without even showing any kind of interest.

When it was time to close the shop, the girl sweetly smiled at him again then left.

With her gone, Ian hurriedly took his seat in front of Ming Yu and grinned happily. No matter what fantasies he had in mind, Ming Yu was unwilling to entertain him, packed his stuff and left through the back door.

He didn't went straight home and decided to walk around for awhile, taking in the decent afternoon heat. It was just right especially when the breeze would go through his clothes as he walk. There were a lot of things to look at as people were busy doing their own things. 

He set his eyes on a couple playfully arguing on the street and this made him smile. A family of four were walking, with their son hand in hand and their daughter sitting on top of the father's shoulders. An elderly couple were taking their time to cross the pedestrian lane with a light smile on their faces, seemingly happy with how their day went.

Having seen enough, in a pleasant mood did he arrive home.

He would usually watch a movie or two but on this day, he would rather take a nap and ease his muscles so he directly went to his room.

The heat made him sweat so he took a quick shower before comfortably lying down on his bed.

His day would usually end like this. In the past, Ming Yu was too busy working and trying to get by that now that he has time on his hands, he doesn't really have anything to do.

He neither have friends or family. Should he just visit the orphanage?

Ming Yu blankly stared at the ceiling to think.

Ah, it's no good. Nothing came to mind.

His phone suddenly rang taking him away from his thoughts. He looked at the screen and what he saw made him smile. It was just what he needed.

[Admin: Yu-ge! Meet you at the airport tomorrow! Pick me up QAQ , don't abandon me!]

[Ming Yu: Okay. What time are you arriving?]

His phone rang once more but the sender this time wasn't Admin but someone else.

[Husband: We're back.]

His tiredness vanished in a flash and rather replying back, Ming Yu pressed the call button.

"I missed you ..." more than anything, he wanted to say these words first.

"Mmn. Wait for me." Xihan said, his tone gentle yet expressed deep yearning.

Neither could bare to end it with just that so they talked saying whatever they could.

Admin, young master Shen Liangxi who sat beside his older brother stuck his fingers inside his ears desperate to block their conversation out.

Hey! This little brother already has no one to come back to, why torture this single me like this! (QAQ)

"Wifey ... tell me, how much did you miss me?"

"F*ck this sh*t! Uncle Mo stop the car! I'd rather get a Taxi!" (/TAT)/

48