Chapter 1: A Smile
2.3k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

"Sigh…"

In a rundown house in London there is a 4 to 5 years old kid sighing.

"Why is that bike being so loud? Can't you see I am trying to meditate?"

People are staring at him weirdly. How could they not? This is London, a modern city, people rarely use the word "meditate" this is not Himalaya after all.

"hahaha.. do you want to become a monk or a priest Jake?" asked an uncle to Jake.

Jake seems to be enjoying himself in the corner, sitting cross legged and closing his eyes. The uncle felt something is totally not right. This is the funeral day for Jake's Grandfather. A normal person will feel sad for something like this. How could he, a kid stays silent to a relatively sad atmosphere?

"Well maybe it's different for a kid" The uncle thought to himself and continue to focus to the funeral.

Actually Jake was not trying to be a monk nor was he imitating one. He was trying to unleash his astral body out of his physical body but was interrupted by a loud bike.*

Trying this time Jake was able to do so. Soon he saw a soul 'standing' beside him, it is his grandfather.

"Jake… why are.. are you dead?" asked his grandfather soul mouth gaping as to show how shocked he is. Off course he will fell shocked, how can a person who is clearly alive and kicking just a second ago be dead in the next second without a rhyme or reason.

"No grandpa, this is my astral form, I am not dead yet" Jake answered.

"But.. how can you?" asked his grandfather full of confusion

"Let me explain first. You must have noticed me often siting cross legged and seemed to be meditating grandpa.. that is in fact true. I was meditating."

"….." grandpa

"I am different from anybody else. I can train my Astral Body using soul power to enhance, strengthen and evolved it. By doing so I can exist in both physical and non-physical form" Jake vaguely explain.

"Are you telling me that you are able to see souls in this… what do you call it?" grandpa further ask.

"Astral Body.. because my soul is no longer a mere 'soul' it now has a form. And no.. I can see souls in both body. But that's not my point showing you this second body of mine. I just want to apologize to you, during this five years I was not able to talk to you a lot like other kids do, I was either staying in my room all day or running around in the neighborhood. I was trying to avoid problems by hiding my real self in front of you. As you are the only person who showed me love close to parents love to their child, I don't want to lose those feeling. In all my life, this is the first time a person has ever love me and I don't want to lose that."

"…." Grandpa

"Yes.. I know that you are not my real grandpa. I know that because sometime you talk while you are asleep. So I feel all the more grateful that you accept me as I am."

"Sigh.. I don't care whose child you are Jake. When I found you in front of my door 4 years ago I took you as my grandchild. I never have a wife due to excessively perusing work during my younger age. I felt very fortunate in my old age that I was able to hold a grandchild. I never blame you for the reason you stated. Don't be sorry Jake as this is not a sin or anything. I was happy to see you in my life, although you were indeed did not act like a kid, in my heart I knew you are a kind child… hahaha you even secretly put a blanket on me every night" grandpa lovingly said.

"Actually I wrote a letter to you before I died and put it inside a box.. Yes that wooden box I often held. I keep it inside my drawer. I purposely did not tell you this as I am sure you will find it on your own like you always do. Sigh.. Actually I just wrote a parting message and you will find a separate letter from your real parents" grandpa explained

"Seeing as you are actually able to do… cough cough.. this.. I will just tell you. Actually it's not a weird thing at all seeing you like this. Two days after you were left in front of my door, there was a strange creature who called himself a house elf named Cobold appeared in front of me. He said that he was ordered by his mater to come to me when something unfortunate happened to his master. He also said that you are not ordinary human because there are the blood of wizard flowing in your veins and explain a lot of things to me. It seemed like your parent were trying to hide you by giving you to an ordinary person like me"

"…." Jake was actually not aware by all this. Although he seemed to be able to do extraordinary things, it wasn't until one year ago that he is transferred to this body and right now he is still comprehending this new universe he lived in, but now there is actually something called wizard here? "Is it the same wizard as in the Western Highland Continent?" Jake thought to himself.

Seeing Jake's thoughtful expression, his grandfather seemed to be happy that Jake feels more mature and surely able to face the world bravely after he is gone.

"Don't worry Jake.. if there is an afterlife I will surely watch over you and bless you. As for this house don't worry about it. Cobold said that he will take you once I am incapable of taking care of you… he seemed to know that I was not able to live for long. But no matter, in this life I feel very fortunate already. Goodbye kid, Cobold will surely take care of you… I love you Jake.. I hope in the future you will be able to give love to others…"

Grandpa's soul began to dissipate slowly as the time keep clocking. Only a smile seemed to remain eternally in the air.

31