Chapter 3. Lulu
327 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is bad. This is very very bad! After practice? No one else will be there, and then, oh no! She’s making her move! I’m dinner tonight. Okay Lulu, no need to panic. I just need … to say … no … 

Get ahold of yourself Lulu! Look up into her piercing amber eyes as she towers above you, tail swishing back and forth, no doubt in anticipation of the coming hunt. Then there’s that smile plastered on her face, framed by her shoulder length hair in a short ponytail, only further accentuating eyes that do nothing but tell me there is no escape.

I meekly nod. Curse you social anxiety!

Oh, wait, class is about to start! I need to move quickly if I want a seat away from her! Or, wait, yes, that could work! I can sit next to Achira, prove I’m not scared of her! Maybe then she’ll realize I’m not a good choice of prey and move on to someone else. Take that! The cheetah outsmarted by the bunny. Now to actually do it, and pretend it isn’t the most terrifying thing I’ve ever done. Like I’m not working up a cold sweat. Wait, is she smiling? Did I actually play into her hand? Did Achira outsmart me? I just made the biggest mistake of my life!

I can’t stop worrying about this. I’ve barely absorbed a word the teacher has said, and even during free reading time all I could focus on was Achira eying me up. Thankfully class is almost over. I think Achira was delighted to get to see her meal up close for so long and doesn’t want to wait until after practice to make her move anymore, because she looks almost disappointed that we’re almost done with class. Personally, I cannot wait to get to my next class and take a sigh of relief since my life will no longer be in immediate danger. Instead, I get to plan out how exactly I’m going to avoid getting eaten after school.

The reason she chose the track is clear to me, Achira will have home field advantage, thus making it harder to run. Little does she know I’ve been to the forest just outside the track to read in the trees many times, so I just need to approach from that side, then bam! I make an unprecedented bolt for the trees! Mwahahaha! She’ll never see it coming!

Anyways, now I'm gonna go hide in the library and panic about all the ways this could go wrong until the designated meeting time. Wait, couldn’t I just avoid the meeting all together? Wait, no, that's a bad idea; if I do that she'll just single me out again tomorrow. I need to take a stand!

Yosh! Let’s do this Lulu, no cheetah is going to eat you! Just put on a confident smile and stick to the plan, she’ll never see it coming! One foot in front of the other, take the long way, don’t hide in a tree and panic.

Wait, is she running laps? Holy smokes Achira is fast! My legs now feel like jelly and I’m almost certain my smile is gone. I’m doomed.

16