Ch -2: Consuming wars, Operation red sun.
113 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Soul Singer]
{Goliath Exterminator the Ballista}

This damn war has been going on for too long, the corruptors have been harvesting life across the stars and we were barely in a stalemate but i have hope in my heart that my brother's sacrifice was not in vain and that the death of the overmind will give us a chance to crush them under foot.

I walk to the sensor operator who is coordinating with the rest of the fleet to surround Feller station, i put my hand on his shoulder and look to the mockery of a battle station hovering over the war torn planet it orbits.

"Are we ready to begin probing its defenses?"-Me
"The feet has charged and reloaded all heavy weaponry we can begin on your mark my lord"-Hollow blade
"Send it to hell"-Me

With that order he orders a alpha strike from the fleet and laser, shell, missile and machinegun fire showered the space station, when the initial shots landed a shield was visible around the station but it was different from the Overmind's purple-green Psy shield no this was the blue energy shield that could not hope to survive a full assault such as this.

The station took heavy damage from all sides from the fleet but it did not crumple and explode like some had hoped but instead began to heal itself with flesh and imitation metal as corruptor fighters flew from the holes and hanger bays and in response interceptors and bombers were sent from our ships to begin the assault.

"Sir the station continues to heal even under sustained assault if we do not send the boarding parties now we will have to land all forces in the hanger but with the dog fight out there it may be too dangerous to launch what should we do."-HB

"Im heading down tell all boarding ships to prepare for launch we cut off the head of this one today"-Me
"By your orders sir, Red 5-12 prepare for boarding actions i repeat Red 5-12 prepare for boarding actions."-HB

I took the warp to the hanger bay where the dropships were waiting chem and flame troopers heading to them while checking their gear, i step onto one of the dropships as a crew blade dancers boarding behind me and two chem troopers, i reached into my bag on my hip and pulled out a skull and a blue mist came from my mouth as i blew onto it as a specter appeared.

"Take us to vengeance my friend"-Me
"Da we do it very heavy now."-Viktor
The hip glowed blue for a moment as the skull shattered in my hands and the specter faded away then the pilot began the start up and with all ships readied they flew into the warzone towards Feller station, we could see and feel the combat all around us as our allies fought and died in the stars along with their enemies with the determination as bright as a sun.

But not a single shot rocked our ship or any of the other dropships as i had asked a final favor from my friend from beyond to hide us with his skill from the sight of all that was evil and so when our dropship along with three others landed safely inside of one of the holes in the side of the station i was not shocked.

And neither was the other squads but that was mainly because as soon as we exited the ships we were attacked by crawlers, my two arm mounted beam cannons fire from above my head at the incoming monsters while my wrist mounted combat vambraces fired off constant machinegun fire along with grenades while slashing with my war blade at anything that got too close to me.

Chem troopers fired acid and disrupting beats to melt and stun the incoming tides and flames coated the ceiling and walls as the adhesive flames stuck to the meat and metal on the walls along with anything that ran along them and various shoulder and arm mounted weapons fired without restraint. 

Blade dancers jumped around the battlefield with their plasma edged blades cut through their foes and their power boots shook the stations very frame when they landed on something other then a corruptors head, all together we charged throughout the station hunting for our target, The overlord.

As we went about our unending slaughter of the enemy i thought about the original encounter description that magnus had told me, they were towering humanoids that lacked all features that a person would have besides eyes, what was weird about his encounter was that he said it tried to speak with him but nobody else could understand it.

Regardless because of its encounter we found out that were at least 20 others around the galaxy leading the assault and as such now that they are weakened we must take this chance, I must take this chance, but now we were stuck in a cross roads all teams had been scouting the station as the battle went on outside but we could not find the creature.

So once again i reached into the bag on my hip and pulled out a deformed skull and took of my mask to call from a specter, he was green instead of blue and i spoke to him.

"My friend we are lost please show me what we seek."-Me
"Of course my dear friend"-pilgrim
His body spun around without moving his head before stopping and his arm pointed to a wall beside us.

"What you see lies behind there, Oh... it seems my time is up, i will tell magnus you said hello."-Pilgrim
With those words his body shattered like glass before the shards turn into a thick green mist and the skull i held shatters into dust, i have a dancer place a explosive pack on the wall and we take cover as i hit the detonator and the wall explodes leading to a passage way and on a sign at the end of the way says 'Reactor'.

We charge down the hall shooting at anything that comes after us, after going down the winding path and the many blocked doors we arrived at the central reactor and it was not what i was expecting at all, around us pipes pumped blue energy all around us to different parts of the station and switches computers and all manner of technical stuff i don't even pretend to understand line the walls and messy work areas around us. 

But in the center of the room itself was a giant purple beating heart with veins connecting to the powerlines and the walls and forcing themselves through the vents and busted steel blast doors lining the heart were 'People' living breathing people and on just on the heart but on the walls incased in meaty shells or even just their heads and spines completely detached from their bodies and connected to cords that hang them from the ceiling of the room or solid spires on the ground that they connected to.

Their faces looked like they had cried for hours on end until they ran out of energy as their eyes continue to peer around the room, they just looked defeated and it looked like they could not even speak especially the heads, one of the blade dancers threw off their helmet and puked on the floor at the very sight of the room and i just barely stopped myself from doing the same.

But then a horrible screaming moan was heard from the heart but while everyone else was horrified by the very sound i was confused at what i heard from the words were laced within.

"So. the deceiver comes for me in my very nest, welcome god slayer to your tomb."-OL
As those words were said the station shook as the heart burst open but not in a shower of blood but as if cut with precision but also very violently as a purple figure stood in the mass of revolving purple flesh that was in contrast to the red he was used to seeing while fighting and roaming the halls and it stared at him with a single large eye swirling with two solid colors Green and Brown. 

Everyone's first action was to throw termite charges at it but they bounce off of a invisible shield and then they started screaming that they were being covered in bugs but i saw them they were completely fine just Psychic bullshit i can push through it, i reach into my trusty sack and pull out a polished skull and call forth the specter.

"Liberate the mind and defend from trickery"-Me
"Shifting winds hide falling trees"-Nox

A white light enveloped everyone though some had better recovery then others, the creature waved its hand and suddenly the very ground became weapons that spit acid and blades that pivot around us, the unprepared were just down almost instantly while some had time to avoid the attacks they still began to panic when they struck its shield. 

"I expected better from your lost one, but when i am finished here you will follow, learn, and be redeemed and experience the wonders that our world as to offer, JUST BOW DOWN AND DIE!"OL

The station shook again and pipes burst open releasing plasma gas into the air along with electricity arcing through the spilled liquids on the floor be it blood or acid the battlefield was falling apart as more and more weapons erupted from the hollowed ground and spikes came forth and skewered many of the chem troopers forcing them to release their payloads in full before they expired. 

I once again leveled all my weapons to bare on the Overlord but while most of them hit the shield it had made one of the shots had missed its mark and it let out a howl that even i could tell was laughter, that was before the condensed plasma came out like a beam from the small crack in the reactor's protective casing which cut off its left hand and made several holes in its chest before it started putting less attention on fighting and on trying to patch the hole.

"Stupid Bitch."-OL

As it said that a blade swept across the entire room killing half of what remained from the teams in the room and we watched in horror as after the blade finished its sweep the dead bodies of everyone in the room were consumed by the floor and all the damage done to the area just healed as if the entire fight did not even happen, no acid, water, blood, broken pipes and busted bulkhead keeping out the other corruptors.

The words 'Stupid Bitch' around the entire room as every single hanging corpse and head turned to face them and spoke in unison with smiles on their faces while their faces also looked to be trying to fight it while the faceless overlord had what could only be defined as a smug look with only eye.

The blade dancer beside me screamed as he saw his friends body sink into the ground at his feet and nothing he did would slow its disappearance, it looked at the remaining members of my party 10 left from 40 it looked satisfied with its work but then raise its hand again and a spike impaled the last flame trooper for good measure. 

I stopped wasting time as i pulled out another skull and crushed it under my foot and red vapor surrounded us and we began to fire at the reactor with explosives and energy attacks, at first we were just going to try and kill this thing and reclaim the station but im not going to dance around this matter anymore.

Every time we unloaded on the reactor it turned away from us to fix it with its healing powers giving us more time to shoot at it while it worked even as my team members screaming about bees in their pants or wasps in their gloves or as a spider crawled around inside my helmet we continued to fire at this thing.

And then it stopped trying to kill us or fix the reactor, it pointed at a blade dancer and he screamed as his spine crawled out of his body and then it snapped its wrist to another and he fired his rifle into his head as he threw a grenade at another squad member, the shattering reactor cutting holes in it while it detached itself from the hollow it had been bound to this whole encounter.

"Redeeming deemed impossible so death is the best choice, i really am clever don't you agree?"-OL

With that it stood at a full 16 feet tower over me and ignored my shots as its shield had recharged already and surrounded it and it reached down and grabbed me regardless of my effort to break free of its grip it just reconnected itself to the hollow and looked around the room and the soldiers who had been desperately fighting knelt down on their knees in front of it.

"Let me show you something, DIE FOR ME."-OL

When it spoke everyone in the room besides myself pulled out their side arms and removed their helmets and shot themselves without any hesitation and then the floor ate them again and the creature turned to me with its smugness all over its nonexistent face.

"This is the power we wield, the great power to command they who are lesser then ourselves, if it was not for you deceiver these stars would be ours to control completely and so i have decided that you should not experience this honor but instead i shall honor myself with your execution."-OL

And then an explosion went off in the lower and upper levels of the station as the shots from the warships had torn through the outer armor of the station and a explosive shell lands through a hole and into the center of the room causing the Overlord to recoil from the blast but its grip still held me.

But i saw it as the shot destroyed much of the room the shield the overlord was making had fallen and i took my blade and extended it and impaled it into the neck of the overlord and dragged it down and out of its neck and into the wrist that held me in its grasp causing me to float as the gravity left the room due to the hull breach.

It went to stop me from escaping but i was not trying to run i rand back to it with my blade drawn and wrist mount firing at it while my two shoulder cannons undid the safeties on the reactor while it was distracted by me all while it was screaming at me for being a 'betrayer' or 'deceiver' and when the reactor FINALLY went critical there was nothing it could do but i put m sword in its eye as it knelt down in grief and agony before using it as a shield while the station fell apart around us.

___________
I awoke in a really soft bed feeling like shit as i looked around me i was in my room n my flagship covered in bandages but nothing that looked very back besides the fact that both my right hands were missing half their fingers and i was missing my entire lower left arm but judging by the fact i am not dead means we won the fight and that was enough for me.

But what about tomorrow?, could i or someone else keep wining these battles with loopholes and convenient things like i did before and would we get that far to even try? i don't care right now i need something to drink. 

(END)
I think that doing these Negative chapters for past events and stuff like this is a good idea so i tried it here, anyway this is my longest chapter yet and i think it came out well and once again thank you very very much for reading.

Purple?
  • Purple.
  • RED!
  • Green?
  • Brown!
  • Psssh!?
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Apr 12, 2021 07:50 AM.
3