CH 8: Here in a flash and gone without a trace.
69 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Soul Singer]
{Ark terra, Elder meeting chambers]}

It had been two month since we had sent The Skever into the lab undercover to get information on the the Overlord rumors and 4 days since his communicator went silent and the tracing device on his ship went off, and the other day i saw the news about how the laboratory on Dell was attacked by a unnamed assailant and lost over half of their research specimen and tools and that anyone who went after them was killed.

And in the same day a medical ship was attacked by pirates and all the crew captured along with those being taken to receive emergency medical care and no word has been received from the crew and Medi.co has not released an official statement on the matter yet and so we sent spies to investigate planet Dell and the missing ship.

Today a report was to come in and me and counselor Bulkhead where waiting for it as the Seer is currently on a pilgrimage for some reason or another, and the holographic screen lit up with a message from the spy sent to Medi.co and so i answered it.

"What have you found so far?"-Bulkhead
"The Glorious son Medical station is gone and we have discovered nothing else, requesting orders"-Spy

Bulkhead had a look of disbelief on his face as soon as he heard that the station was gone and frankly so did i as the architect was responsible for the reconstruction after the war was over and it was built to last but even the spy who had not been there at the time looked like he did not understand what he said ether.

"Gone?, you mean it was destroyed?"-Bulkhead
"No sir i mean it is gone."-Spy
"Where did it crash then did it crash into any of the cities planet side?"-Bulkhead
"No sir i mean its not destroyed and no wreckage has landed into the planet and by the look of the messages bouncing around down there they have only just noticed that it is missing."
"The space station?, the one with no engines to move itself?, the one with no hyper drive strong enough to get it into warp speed?, that station?"-Me
"Yes, i don't have any other leads as i was lead here during my initial search."-Spy
I don't know what to say to this, a whole space station just fucked off into the stars how does that even happen, it would take a entire day to move that station as it is half the size of a dreadnought in every direction and there is no engine strong enough to move such a hunk of metal.

"I will request that the tribunal allow us to deploy spy's into the core worlds to see if we can find any clues on the situation as i don't think that this is the end of the experiments the empire is doing, and i want you to group up with one of the other ones that were sent with you."-Me

"It shall be done, good day elders."-Spy

After the screen went off Bulkhead just sighed in annoyance and i know the feelings he has right somewhere along the lines of 'That was pointless' i was about to say just that when he beat me to the punch.

"That was pointless Singer we should be making demands not just sitting here with our antenna up our asses"-Bulkhead
"We can't risk war with the empire right now, if the federation and the empire form an alliance it will be a up hill battle."-Me
"That would not happen, have you not noticed that the federation is on the brink of civil war along with war brewing on their borders with the empire, now would be the perfect time to strike!"-Bulkhead
"Now even if that is true it is not our choice to make whether we go to war or not depends on the tribunal and they want peace."-Me

We continued to argue for a while before we parted ways and i went to press my case again while bulkhead went home, i hope that those imperials don't do anything stupid before this is resolved.
_______
[XI]
{My Station}
I stand in the main office of the station where the CEO stayed, we had managed to catch everyone in the station because we destroyed all escape pods that launched and blocked off the unused ones and blasted the hangers to hell so nobody could get away there ether.

I knew people would come here so based off of the stuff on my ship i just copied a XXXL meat version of everything until it started moving but when it started moving it started taking more power to i remodeled the destroyed hangers into armored reactor rooms and my meat makes fuel for them anyway so don't need to worry about that anymore.

But after i did that i needed a new place to park my ship so i ripped up the top until my ship fit into it safely and built a hanger there and another one on the bottom so if i steal anymore ships i can put them there, speaking of stolen ships i added the ruined ships from the hanger into wonderful little fighters and made more of them until my little hangers on the other side was packed.

Now my instincts tell me its time to fuck off to the unknown to avoid the police, i never had any pleasant moments with the law besides when i was young..., what am i saying i didn't have a whatever you call it, wait did i? , Shut up stop thinking! but if i did not have a childhood how am i here?

Did i just appear? no i did not i came from home didn't i? but where was home it was, it was, ALRIGHT STOP THE GUARD HAS FALLEN DROP DEAD!, Anyway the plan is to leave known space as far as i can go and start preparing for.... my assault? my takeover?, its my choice im just leaving to avoid my current problems.

I set the stations engines to max burn and head off into the unknown as the warp drive activates and we will go as far as we can till we drop so far off the star map i could make my own, and so i start to drift off to sleep and tell my mites to wake me up if we encounter something, and then the black consumes.

_________
[David Duson]
{Hadein Bennet's Office }

I stand before who could only be called my boss in a shining and beautiful office with a home vibe to it like somebody cares about how the room looks to them instead of others, the table has photos, trinkets and a cup off cold coffee along with scattered papers liter its surface, and behind it was a beast of a man this man looked like he could do what normies would call a heavy workout with his eyes alone.

Bulging muscles with a short beard and flowing brown hair with a clear unblemished skin marks this man of true terren descent, but here this hulk of a man sits in a suit and tie with glasses sorting papers while sipping from two cups one filled with coffee and another with tea, after looking through the papers he sets down two contracts.

"I have read through your report and so did Mike and we have decided that we will gave you another shot at restarting the project but if it does not provide any results its as good as scrapped, Duson this is for you and Ford here is yours."-Bennet

It was a standard NDA along with contract stating that we can't tell anyone anything about this and that if it provides any useful products then any leaks that can be traced back to ether of us will have us executed without question and that we are to head to the new lab immediately and begin work as close as we can to where we left off and other jargon i can sift through when work begins.

I reach over and sign my name on the contract and he takes it back, and after some hesitation Ford does the same and his contract is taken from him and filed and then we are passed two pendants and a data-slate with a set of coordinates and we are told to leave the office and head to the new labs location.

"How are we just going to start from square one like this?"-Ford
He looks quite upset as we walk the halls heading to the hanger.
"Well all things considered we did not get very far the first time and in the end only had one survivor to show for it im just glad we get another chance."-Me
"240, over 5 batches and only 1 survived and we lost over half of the data we had before the labs destruction that we did not send in to HQ"-Ford
"And you forgot that i had all the important stuff stored on my personal data-slates, and that the tree survived the destruction of the lab"-Me
***FLASHBACK***
[Ford and Duson]
{Planet Dell project maser lab}

The entire section of the subject lab was destroyed besides the supports for the cave but everything that was not just gone was damaged heavily not to mention the missing staff and their kids on take your child to work day, it was a total disaster and everything from project maser was gone from the living subject to the dead ones. 

All but one room in the area was untouched, we opened the door and there it sat in glowing radiance a blood red tree with scaled fruit, untouched by the chaos outside of its doors and continued to glow like the heavens dyed red just asking you to come to it and be in its radiance.

And how all other samples from the lab are gone and all other ships that carried them from Dell were destroyed or raided in transit this is the last of its kind here, and so it was decided that we would press our case to try and get a test subject that could be of use to the empire.
***FLASHBACK END***

We spent some time arguing about the chances that the same thing happening again but i dismissed it and went to check out our new lab, i can't wait to see what true terren science looks like. 

(END)
Thanks for reading my story, i had to rewrite this page 4 times, i just could not find a easy way to fit some of the stuff i wanted to in it so im just gunna add this bit at the bottom here.
_______
Missing records.

About 2 years after the end of the consuming wars it was found by most factions that survived that over 83% of all recorded records about the war that were not kept on person had disappeared entirely with no trace or explanation.

even the tribunal only has evidence because of their long life spans and the collection of corpses of the corruptors but not enough that would convince other factions not to screw with them it would be even harder if they ever found out about the effects of the blood.

2