Prologue 3
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Push forward! Charge through! Do not fight one on one! Overwhelm them!" Came the strings of orders from the army officers as they force to advance their position. 

But the silver knights held true to their reputation. They gave no inch of leeway for them but instead diligently slice through their forces repeteadly impeding their advance. Magic and arrows flew towards them carving a huge chunk of their forces. But they did not waver. Slowly but surely they are advancing bit by bit. They could see the invincible silver knights sporting damages, bleeds and few lay on the floor unmoving. 

They could be killed! 

This further exhilarated the invaders knowing that their strategy is working. They could even see the hesitance on their eyes! The silver knight know fear!

Raul didn't miss this and laughs a maniacal laugh. 

"Hahahahaha! See that mortal warriors! They do bleed! They are no gods! Ignore the rest of their position on focus your all breaking through that!" pointing at the crumbling defensive position infront of him and hollered, " We press forward and occupy that castle. Slay those so called gods and this war is over! To victory!" Raul billowed his war cry as he led the charge.

Like a swarm of ants they rushed infront. Once the break this, they are to rush towards the palace. But the silver knights still held and refuse to give up. They hacked and slashed the invaders hoping for their comrades reinforcement. 

But they too are occupied. 

One by one they are being overwelmed. Refusing to die without a fight, they charged and brought a hundred or so to death with them. But their numbers just kept coming. Blast a hundred of them, then a hundred fills in. 

They are individually weak, but against this number,  even weilding the constitution of a silver knight, is bound to be worned down and eventually killed.

"Your Majesty!" Sigurd yelled meeting eyes of his emperor. 

"I know!" Raul answered in a knowing grin. "Just a little bit more! Onwards!" He, along with his men charged towards their enemy's position. 

The plan from the very beginning is very simple. Overwhelm them with numbers, ganging up each and every single knight and finally deal the last blow. Raul charged towards a separated knight and shouted, "Give way! Your new lord has come!". The knight answered back of unknown language with the same intensity ready to recieve him with his blade. 

Raul clashed with the silver knight and was pushed back. He can't even handle to lock sword against a lone wounded tiger.

 " Kuhahaha!". 

Soon enough the lone knight was surrounded trading blows after blows with his men while Raul waits for his chance. And his chance did came for fatigue gets the better of the knight. 

He swiftly closed the distance and in one swoop cleaved the neck of his prey.

" Your head is mine!" and severed the knight's head. 

He roared proclaiming his victory and showing everyone his thropy, a decapitated head of a silver knight in his helm. 

At the same time, this position has completely fallen. Seeing himself inching to complete victory, the battle intoxicated Raul once again billowed, sword pointed towards the stairs leading below, " Hahahaha! Onwards!" 

They rushed towards the stairs leading to the city below. The walls are a very curious piece. It was constructed like a three layer bench in an arena with stairs in the middle to move up and down while the city itself is the stage. Raul couldn't help but laugh at the vile humor of the high city people. Turning an entire city into a colliseum .

The swarm of people kept on pouring towards the stairs when suddenly Raul saw his gleefully charging soldiers infront flew back or rather, half of whatever remains of their sliced body. Followed by a huge blast of flames that easily charcoaled his men and the resulting shockwave from it even made him hurtling back by a few meters.

Raul stood up, tasting his own blood on his own lips. Raged is evident in his eyes as he asked,

 "What the fuck was that!?" 

Who dares disturb his merry thought!?. 

"Your Majesty! Are you alright!?" Sigurd rushed towards his emperor, he too took damage from the blast.

"Sigurd! Find out what was that! Was there a trap laid on the ste..!" Raul didn't finish his words for the answer already appeared infront. He recomposed himself and laughed. 

"Kuhahahaha! This is new! I am sure this is your first appearance!" But his laugh gradually replaced with another fit of wrath. He is already close!

"Fucking yield aleady! Can't you dumbasses know how use your eyes!? So what are you supposed to be now huh!? A golden knight!?" 

The newly arrived  knight just looked at him seemingly acknowledging him as the leader of these invaders and prepares his stance.

 His golden armour emits a soft sheen as  sunlight strikes to it. His demeanor indicates his high position in their ranks. Raul realized that another obstacle appeared, grew more impatient and irritated. Having none of it, he roared, 

" What the hell are you doing!? Kill that presumptious guy and you get to fuck any bitches you see below!" 

His men rushed towards the golden knight but a single swing easily cleaved a cluster of them. And what's more concerning is how he  ignores the rest and prepares to dash forward towards Raul. 

Sigurd sensing the danger quickly ordered, " Quick! Form a defensive line infront of our liege! Protect his Majesty!" 

Men with shields quickly formed an impregnable wall protecting Raul ready to stab whoever dares to go near their emperor.

Too bad, it was a futile effort. The golden knight showed his heracluean strength and easily plowing men after men leaving either the dead or the dying in his wake. Cleaved the line of defence and pushed forward to where Raul stood in a daze.

First he saw one, now there are three of them. One to the left mowing down and blasting his army. And one to right doing the same. The golden knights, together with the silver knight easily recovered their lost grounds killing his men and is now pushing them back towards where they started. 

"Ridiculous! What trickery is this!? All that trouble only to end here again!? Hahahaha! Nonsense!" 

At this point Raul knew, he is losing at the same way he is losing his sanity. His empire, his one empire is about to be completed. Raul looked at his once vast army and laments as they were reduced to several thousands. He laughed wondering if those three also felt this before "Hahahaha!"

"Your Majesty! Come back to your senses!" Sigurd is not ignorant as to how will this end, tried to bring back his master to his senses and he succeded. 

" Your Majesty, Please save your self. We will atleast buy you time. Rebuilt the army and.." Sigurd looked at Raul, his eyes fixated behind him when suddenly, 

"Ughhuk..! Arghk!" 

Sigurd looked at his chest only to see a gleaming sword being impaled and is being pushed towards his liege. 

He desperately tried to stop it but his strenght fails him. He watched in horror as the same blade that struck him also did his master. 

Both Raul and Sigurd could only emit a gurgled sound. They both felt the sword slid back. Raul staggered back in complete disbelief while Sigurd finally falls down. 

Raul having realized his impeding demise could only sigh. "So..close.,min..e"

0