Prolouge
52 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah…. mmm, what a fine day this is!” I mutter to myself as I get up from my bed.

Now, my morning routine is not anything special the same as an average person really, take a piss, shower, have breakfast, the works.

Then, after doing all that in my one-bedroom apartment. I wear my receptionist uniform enchanted with magic formations, take my smartphone, and head out to work.

While walking down the street and greeting the street vendors, I reminisce about a certain life-changing event of my life

‘Hah… how long has it been since that day?’

Of course, the event I am talking about is the “awakening day” which is held for all 10-year-old children, every year, across the globe.

In fact, mine was 7 years ago and it turned out exactly how I wanted

Oh, but before that let me give you readers an explanation of what it is.

It is a day where the gods and goddesses grant us titles or what are called “classes” to explain where our talents lie, whether in Mana( life essence) Manipulation, Crafting, or Swordsmanship.

Classes are also classified (pun intended) into different ranks, depending on their usefulness, but that is not important right now.

On that fateful day, I got a double class. Double classes on their own are extremely rare, and I got them but with a catch.

Both classes were average: Elementalist and Conjurer

The Elementalist class as per its name deals with the summoning of elementals, and the Conjurer class involves the manifestation of inanimate objects.

These would be good and all if the Geometric and  Imaginative schools of magic didn’t exist, as Elementalists need the help of elementals to use any magic that isn’t non-attributed, which decreases the usefulness of the class. Conjurer is also an extremely average class, as you need to understand the atomic makeup of an object to conjure it, and the bigger the size the more Mana it costs.

While anyone would have been glum, I instead was ecstatic. I never wanted to be a gallant hero or the weakling, I just wanted to be average.

‘Oh, it seems that I have reached my destination’

I walk into the Commission hub and greet my cat-eared co-worker Beatrice, to which she greets back:

“Hello, Jane!”

3