Chapter-1: Strange Orb and Goddess
51 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh, hello there, my name is Jane, and I am currently in front of a monstrous amount of paperwork put on a wooden desk, with my eyebrows twitching. 

'Why is it always like this?' I think to myself as I fill out a bunch of columns and rows.

"I have some hot cocoa here Jane, do you want some?"

Annnnd, here comes my saviour, thank the gods you exist, Beatrice!

" Yes, please"

immediately after, I see, in the corner of my vision a white mug with some rising steam placed on my cluttered desk.

"So, how are you doing lately, Jane," Beatrice asks

" Just average, as I wanted" I reply

"Figures" Beatrice says as she leaves the room.

'Heh, it may seem that we don't talk much but believe me when I say that we are good friends, In fact, to most people, Beatrice doesn't speak at all'

As I finish my hot cocoa and coincidentally my last piece of paperwork, I stretch myself so much that my chair creaks. I get up, put my stuff back in its designated place, and walk out the door of the commission hub.

'Hah... I need to get some new toilet paper, milk, and some pepper'

I go into the grocery store, where the sensors caused the automatic doors to open. While shopping, I found myself thinking about the bits of history I studied back in school. This world is one where both magic and technology flourished, what we couldn't do with technology we did with magic, and what was a hassle to do with magic we did with technology. Laws were in place to not let the magic users and technology enthusiasts clash, as for why these laws existed, it is said that in the past we were much more advanced in both technology and magic, but the mages and scientists clashed, killing each other and effectively led to the loss of people and knowledge.

I walk along the street till I reach my apartment with my groceries. I put my key in its keyhole and open the door to my safe haven, I unbutton my clothes, prepare my dinner and sit down to watch some TV.

"Hm?... What is that?" I ask myself as I find a strange orb placed on the middle of my desk glowing brightly with pure blue color.

 My rationality fought a hard battle with my curiosity but in the end, my curious nature won and I put my hand on the orb.

".....Nothing is happening" I sigh

Suddenly, my vision turned wobbly like I just drank several cans of beer, and then everything went black with me falling on the cold hard floor.

(??? POV:)

"Oh, looks like she touched my calling orb, this is looking to be fun! but I still feel a little guilty for her, so I will try to apologize"

I look behind and see the person who touched my orb. She is a woman with fair skin, soft brown hair, a little fat on the waist not too much to show but it is definitely there, average breasts, and a soft-looking face, All in all, an extremely average woman in appearance.

'Ara ara, looks like she is waking up, let's greet her and make a good first impression'

please if you enjoyed it favorite, and if there are any mistakes or tips I can use please tell me.

 

 

 

5