Chapter 139 – Reunited
141 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone gathered their essentials after waking up the next morning.

The tour took about two hours, Hank introduced everything about the Iwi people, their culture, religion, behaviors but the most intriguing part turned out to be their history.

Elizabeth was busy scanning the environment to find out how much percentage of the environment had Alice's energy mutated. Turns out it was a significant part.

Suddenly, Elizabeth felt dizzy and stumbled a bit.

Mason quickly walked to her side and said "Careful, you're probably exhausted from earlier,"

Elizabeth quickly jumped back from Mason's arm, and steadied herself "I am fine,"

Elizabeth felt as if her body was about to crack under the constant strain of her own internal energies. Luckily, Mason was the only one to notice her blunder.

"Long ago Kings ruled the Earth. The Iwi's said that there were twelve of them but that number later became ten for some reason. The beasts of legends we hear about today were kings of the Earth in the past.

One day a crimson star descended over the planet, stunting the growth of all life, and draining the energy of the Kings and other ancient beasts. The Gigantapes were the only ones not affected by this crimson star.

Years passed, and many beats went into long slumbers…

The Gigantapes met humankind and grew fond of the hairless apes. So they betrayed the other kings and did not wake them up – the king of The Gigantapes felt like their time had long since passed and nature should take its course.

So he severed his bloodline and gave birth to the Kongs… the next king of the island became King Kong.

Then great lizard-like creatures rose up from the ground – they had grown by leaching off the energy of the Ancient Beasts.

They killed the Kong Clan until only one remained, just as he was on the verge of death... The Iwi's say a god descended from cracks in the heavens above, there were three gods.

One flew towards the world of man, one fell next to a dying King Kong and made him stronger than ever before, unlocking the once severed bloodline within.

The last one fell to the depths of the Earth, they call that one 'The Forbidden' since he fell where The Ancient Beasts slept.

Using the newfound power, Kong protected the humans and lived solitary as the last of his kind.

Kong spent his time as Guardian to the Tomb of the God who fell from the heavens, he also sometimes allows the Iwi to enter the tomb and meditate.

When they come back, their bodies are stronger, they become faster and smarter.

They are forbidden to speak of what they see inside, but I've been told that the god is trapped inside a crystal coffin, deep asleep," Hank wanted to continue telling them about the history of the Iwi people but Elizabeth paused him.

"Tell them to take us there," She ordered.

"I don't think they'll…" Before Hank could finish his statement, Elizabeth had already approached the leader of the Iwis "Take me there!"

There was a sharp silver glint in her eyes, but it soon disappeared as Elizabeth clutched her stomach and began a fit of coughing.

The Iwi looked at Elizabeth for a while, before shaking his head as if to say no.

Elizabeth felt disrespected and incensed but kept her cool so as to not have her power run amok near innocents.

"Your people have benefitted enough, do not get greedy. Being Greedy caused the downfall of many tribes!" Elizabeth said as her voice grew infinitely deeper near the end of her statement, she let some of her power leak to demonstrate her similarity with the energy of the cave.

The Iwis were aura-sensitive people so with that much they should be able to tell her relation.

The Iwis surrounded her as if to attack, but the leader quickly waved his hand as he gestured to the group to follow after him, albeit reluctantly.

James, Preston, Mason, Hank, Bill, Houston, San, Cole, and Slivko joined the new expedition to the caves.

They didn't have to walk for too long, till they came upon a cave that was surrounded by giant animals, Preston froze briefly but continued walking alongside Elizabeth for more comfort.

The animals parted ways, not willing to fight on sanctified grounds such as this one, surely Kong, The King of Apes, would not forgive their disrespect.

Silence reigned as everyone made their way deeper, and deeper into the caves, crossing many corridors and bones of the deceased.

The Iwi leaders led the group into a separate part of the cave that seemed to be covered with white crystals as far as the eyes could see.

The brightest crystal hanging upside down from the ceiling, and on the inside of it was a sleeping woman.

Her body was naked, but the crystals obscured the areas nobody should gaze upon. The woman looked ethereal, a state between what was illusionary and what was real.

Her arms were folded across her chest like someone who had been carefully encased in crystal by a loved one.

Elizabeth could tell that Alice's entire stasis pod had been crystallized by Micro glass and another bonding material.

Everyone gawked at the beautiful woman within, brown-blondish hair, shapely body, crystal clear skin, even the scars that scattered over her figure seemed to compliment her curves.

"This is the person we're looking for right? Our objective," Preston asked.

Brooks nodded hurriedly "The energy radiating off this woman is astronomical; unlike anything, we have ever seen before,"

"So beautiful," Bill said as he and Cole inched ever so closer to the crystal hanging above the ceiling.

Elizabeth was too absorbed with the sight of Alice and forgot that in a dormant state, only Zeel could approach her and Alice.

A couple of feet away from the center, the two men's bodies began expanding as everyone yelped in surprise.

Then with a splat, they both exploded into white particulates, their essence being absorbed by the white crystal.

Elizabeth sighed as she warned the others "Don't get too close, your human bodies won't be able to bear the strain,"

She could finally identify what the bonding agent was that held the Microglass together – Zeelinium.

"But the Iwis…..." San said as she also wanted to drift close, but Brooks held her back.

"The Iwis are closer to their High Human ancestors than you guys, even they can't get too close. You are all a bunch of leaches in the end," Elizabeth said as she got more and more irritated at others using Alice's slumber as an excuse to make a meditation spot.

Elizabeth walked towards the slumbering crystallized Alice, step by step until she suddenly had a bad premonition.

With a flash of silver lightning Elizabeth had returned to her original place beside the group – no longer in her disguise, but her silver-gold eyes and blonde-silver hair out in the open for everyone to see.

Luckily, she managed to dodge a transparent thin wire that shot at her previous location, splitting apart some of the earth below where she had stood previously.

"Something is wrong, the defenses are online," Elizabeth muttered to herself as everyone else looked at her in shock.

"I was wondering when you were going to reveal your true colors, you fucking alien," Preston said as he aimed his gun at Elizabeth.

Irritated at not being able to get close to Alice, Elizabeth yelled "Shut UP!"

White flames lingered on her body, this yell caused a fire to materialize that enveloped Preston turning him to ash before anyone could figure out what went wrong.

Seeing her power once again sway out of control, Elizabeth smiled bitterly but she had bigger fish to fry at the moment.

'What would Zeel do at this moment? Wait! There is a phrase to deactivate all tech under the circumstances that it is damaged extensively,' She thought.

Walking towards Alice once again, Elizabeth whispered their motto in a barely audible voice "ET SUPERMOS ABSIT HOC HODIE"

Like a whisper from an angel, the surrounding crystals broke down as the entire cave changed from a crystal haven to just another plain cave dwelling.

The crystal fragments then converged on the center crystal where Alice laid.

Heart pounding sounds could then be heard throughout the cave.

*badump*

*badump*

*badump*

Until finally, Alice opened her eyes once more, sending out a pulse of telekinetic power that blew everyone back a couple of feet, except for Elizabeth.

The energy swayed past Elizabeth like a gentle breeze that caressed her face intimately.

5