Chapter 141 – Tapping Into Unique Energies
147 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who are you people?" asked James, after stumbling to his feet.

Alice looked at him for a bit before pausing "Questions later. Let's go,"

Everyone followed behind Elizabeth and Alice as they exited the cave together, the Iwis were especially respectful towards the duo.

Brooks and the others were more cautious, walking near the back so as to not get too close to the duo at the front.

They could tell Alice and Elizabeth were closer to humans than anything else, but that just made the fact that they were not humans harder to believe.

They started walking at first, but soon Alice and Elizabeth started running with red and blue energy covering their bodies slowly.

Elizabeth charged lightning below her feet and created a mass of lightning that resembled a comet flashing across the skies.

This technique was electrokinetic surfing that was created by Zeel.

This allowed her to fly when there were sufficient ions present in the atmosphere, like during storms and other weather phenomena.

Suddenly, Elizabeth's left hand materialized a small bolt of lightning.

Before even reaching outside, Elizabeth threw a bolt of lightning through the cave entrance, it whistled through the air then a flash of silver light exploded in the air outside.

Alice would not be outdone as her telekinetic aura flared up with a bright red, later the aura concentrated in her left hand forming a long sword energy construct.

Alice reached her hands towards the cave entrance as she pulled forward, launching herself outside the cave and towards the giant ape in the distance that was writhing from the earlier lightning stroke.

Four long arcs of red light clouded the horizon as Alice slashed at the giant ape, otherwise known as King Kong – leader of Skull Island.

Both Alice and Elizabeth had gotten a power-up during their two years on Planet Viveron. Now they could tap into the energies associated with their powers, instead of just the powers themselves.

Elizabeth glided next to Alice, surfing on electricity as a huge storm about two miles in diameter materialized in the air.

Elizabeth had come to appreciate lightning as her strongest ability, while the other elements were still lagging a bit behind.

Before they could continue their attack, however, Kong brought his hands together in a deafening clap that would have blown them away.

Elizabeth seeing the incoming sound wave used a technique she had been avoiding – thunder manipulation.

She spread her hands wide gathering the nearby free electrons as the sound wave crashed into her body, bringing her hands together as if hugging a huge bear, she managed to gather the waves in her arms before continually compressing it into a ball.

Just as she was about to succeed, however, the compressed ball became unstable and with a boom, she was blown away.

Alice lamented the fact that Elizabeth was still the same in terms of mental maturity. Elizabeth still had an adventurous spirit that would try new moves in the midst of battle.

Luckily, Alice who remained levitated on a rock nearby caught Elizabeth, using her telekinesis to disperse the sound wave before any major damage could be done.

Elizabeth was mad at the unsightly display and used a more advanced technique next – elemental solidification.

She raised her hand to the skies gathering the free lightning in her palm as it deformed and reformed continually until it finally formed a huge sword construct that appeared as if it could cleave apart a couple of acres.

Alice was growing evermore irritated by Elizabeth's actions since she could tell the sword looked awesome but it lacked the necessary level of solidification to cause any major damage.

Elizabeth swung down at the yelling ape that had started hurling rocks in her direction, but halfway to her destination, Alice intervened with a huge telekinetic construct sword of her own.

The clash sent a mini-explosion that blew back James and company who had just exited the cave.

The trees swayed as the resulting wind blew away everything nearby: trees, rocks, and even giant animals.

"What are you doing?" Alice yelled, through the heavy winds.

Finally realizing what she had done, Elizabeth panicked and apologized "Sorry, I lost control!"

Alice snorted a bit disappointed at Elizabeth, didn't she just remind Elizabeth that great creatures slumbered below the surface of this island?

If that sword-construct connected, it would not have injured Kong much, but it would have shattered the bedrock that separated them from the monstrosities below.

Returning her attention to the rampaging Kong, Alice's fingers started moving in a peculiar manner as if crafting something.

Suddenly a transparent, red cage appeared in the air as Alice pointed her finger towards Kong who was about to leap back, but it was still a bit too late.

The cage covered the huge ape that began thrashing about inside, Alice then slowly brought her hands together causing the cage to compress further and further until the whimpering sounds of Kong could be heard.

Alice sighed as Elizabeth appeared confused at the development "Sorry, he is a bit overprotective of my cave. He thought you were bothering me.

You guys did bomb his home, and he has been on edge ever since you woke the skullcrawlers,"

Elizabeth looked at a loss for a moment, before quickly running through Alice's memory "So this big guy is the friend who guarded you all this time?"

Alice nodded "Yeah, when I crashed he was on the verge of death, so we made a deal. He would protect my dwelling area and I give him the energy necessary to grow and unlock his bloodline.

Later the Iwis were allowed inside since they're a peaceful race. But Kong has been on edge since the skullcrawlers came up, Apes speak in a language of violence so we had to subdue him so he would listen,"

Alice slowly dispersed the telekinetic energy surrounding Kong.

Elizabeth joined her shortly after as they both patted the enormous head of the gigantic ape, who appeared much more docile than originally.

"He's a nice guy," Elizabeth said, patting the exalted King of the island.

James, Mason and the others stood in the distance shocked at the display, not only did they exhibit powers beyond anything they ever imagined, the duo even managed to subdue a near-mythical beast to the point of head pats.

"Yeah, all his family died. I want to keep him but Zeel would never agree. He would consume too much energy bringing this guy along," Alice responded a bit dejected, after which she turned to the people that came running towards them "Won't you introduce me to your friends?"

Elizabeth sighed at the teasing since Slivko had been gawking at her since the cave, no doubt Alice noticed "James is a navigator and former human detective or something, Mason is a photographer and pacifist, Hank is a veteran who was abandoned, Brooks is a dumb guy who thinks he is smart, San is the same as Brooks, and Slivko is a guy who is looking for an early death if he doesn't stop trying to flirt with me,"

"Nice to meet you guys," Alice said, showing her most friendly smile.

James looked at her in a daze for a moment, before snapping out of it "Who are you, people?"

"Where are you from? Are you part human? Why is your tech so advanced?" Brooks shot questions at them one after another without pausing.

"We're from too far away for you to even comprehend, we are or were human I guess? We're probably closer to high humans right now. Our tech is advanced because our civilizations were more advanced than this primitive world," Alice replied also without pause, just wanting to make fun of the baffled group.

Brooks was about to continue asking questions but Alice interrupted him by raising her hand.

Elizabeth and Alice stared off into the distance, Kong rose from the ground as his body increased in size by a couple of dozen feet.

Electricity began surging around Elizabeth, a red chain construct materialized in Alice's hands. With a flash, Alice and Elizabeth's clothing shifted to combat gear. Their footwear reformed into antigravity boots as they slowly floated a couple of inches off the ground.

Battle ready for the incoming skullcrawlers, who were no doubt coming towards the direction that smelt the meatiest.

Suddenly, Elizabeth said "It felt real just now,"

Alice was quiet for a moment before she shook her head in disagreement. She did not want to discuss this matter right now.

"It felt real, looking into your eyes. The way we looked and felt about each other just now, we have never felt that way with Zeel," Elizabeth whispered enough for Alice to hear.

Alice turned her gaze to Elizabeth as her face grimaced "You should stop thinking such thoughts,"

"Sometimes I wonder if he truly likes us, or are we the ones clinging to him. Stopping him from growing, while we truly only love each other as well," Elizabeth said looking straight into Alice's eyes.

"Whatever the matter may be, you can't have one without the other. We are a unit, and that's how we'll remain," Alice said dismissively, then she softened her voice "You are uncertain because you haven't lost anything in a while. Think about what it would be like without Zeel, and you'll know that he isn't all that bad. You just have to demand and take what he does not want to give willingly,"

Elizabeth went silent for a moment, before refocusing her gaze towards the enemies coming in the distance.

5