Chapter 143 – Daughter of A Harlot
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I always wanted to do this but never really got around to it.

I want to take this chapter to thank all my supporters.

Still, there are those that have supported me since my novel was just another fanfiction with shoddy errors.

Webnovel Supporters:

Drugal

Icy_glare

Oneiros_saintcrow

AllElement

Rohelorf

Mray45

KuroNekoNya

Xzv

Coffee

Zales

Anik

Patreon Supporters:

Triant

Matthew

David

Marquise

Hades

Leinhart31

¥¥¥

Sitting near the campfire, it was James who opted to start the conversation "So who are you guys?"

Alice ate as if she wasn't going to bother with anyone but still replied "Travellers from afar I guess you can say!"

"Yeah, really far," Elizabeth said chomping down on some nearby fruits.

Alice and Elizabeth were not too sure about the rules that govern their socialization with primitive beings.

Zeel had neglected to teach them that everything concerning the Multiverse must be kept secret at all times.

Hence, Alice and Elizabeth decided to speak freely but also a bit vaguely.

"Why can't I take your pictures?" Mason asked, a bit reluctant at not being able to treasure the moments of this trip.

Alice sighed "We have enemies, and we will have more in the future no doubt. Pictures leave a trail, something we can't afford while we are still this weak,"

Brooks adjusted his glasses, scoffing at Alice's remark "You are considered weak? Then what are we?"

Alice thought for a while before answering "A young, primitive race right now. Humans are amongst the most dangerous races in the Universe,"

This made James, Brooks, San, Mason, Hank, and Slivko's eyes go wide in shock.

"Why us?" Brooks asked a bit excited looking forward to hearing the answer.

Elizabeth answered instead "Your ability to grow and evolve. But mostly it is human nature to fuck things up beyond repair.

You're like a plague that if not dealt with early, grows too wide and far to stop. That and humans are the only beings in the Universe that have access to that specific version of heaven,"

Silence reigned after Elizabeth's slip of tongue comment, Alice gave her a fierce gaze but she ignored it.

Over time she and Zeel's personalities had become much more compatible than his and Alice's; Alice was still too much on the optimistic side of humanity, while Zeel and Elizabeth had equal views on all sentient life.

After a couple of words that were few and far between, the group went to their respective corners to rest their weary bodies.

"So tell me what's the deal with coming here?" Alice asked, finally able to speak her mind without minding her words.

"They planned to nuke the place but I disabled them," Elizabeth replied waving her hands as a hologram of a nuke was projected into the air from her Mbeamer.

Alice sighed "Idiots would lead to their own demise,"

"So what's down there?"

"I am not sure, Zeel is dormant or rather semi-dormant. He has been using something strange to refine his energy but I don't know what," Alice replied, and then continued "The only thing I am sure of, is the fact that his energy is corrupted by something extremely violent,"

"What can you tell me?" Elizabeth asked feeling slightly restless.

Even Elizabeth, herself, had doubted the intensity of her concern for Zeel.

"It's powerful – powerful enough that he would use it to refine his energy without trying to completely control it like he usually prefers," Alice said as her voice became solemn "We need to extract him without waking that thing up,"

Elizabeth laughed "That's impossible. If he is using it to refine his energy. Then it has to be energy sensitive. Wouldn't it notice the energy source being taken away?"

Alice shrugged "Yeah it would if it was fully awake. Those things down there need the energy to function, and Zeel has been using it to refine his, not giving his energy away. We only need to be very careful,"

Elizabeth sighed "Well, I think the entire thing should be possible,"

The duo talked for a bit longer about many different things, before cuddling together and going to bed.

They had already become familiar with the sensation of sleeping in Zeel's arms, so the entire sleep felt a little less fulfilling than it normally would.

While 29 years had passed, for them it was akin to a couple of days, you don't really feel time when in stasis induced sleep.

If it was cryo-sleep, a couple of thousand years could have passed by without them feeling anything.

The following morning, Alice woke up to a half-naked Elizabeth who was drooling on her shoulder.

She did the wisest thing to do in such moments, she flicked her finger as her Mbeamer scanned their positions, saving the current situation like a 3D portrait that she would use to embarrass Elizabeth in front of Zeel at a later date.

Alice had a hobby of collecting the embarrassing moments of both Zeel and Elizabeth; this was done in an attempt to try and keep their relationship as normal as possible.

Zeel was borderline apathetic in any matters that don't concern Elizabeth or Alice, and Alice noticed that Elizabeth was still in a phase where she was trying to gain Zeel's approval – hence trying to please him by copying his perspective towards certain things.

Alice was aware that such a relationship was not healthy, that's why she planned to have them simply enjoy life for a while every time they Mjumped from henceforth.

It wasn't long until everyone stirred awake, the morning meal was especially noteworthy as Kong brought back the rarest of fruits and meats on the island.

Alice was truly reluctant to leave the growing Gigantape alone, but she knew that a choice would not be given after Zeel awakens.

After everyone was packed and ready, Elizabeth came to her side with a knowing smirk on her face.

Of course, Alice knew exactly why Elizabeth was smirking, because Alice was currently using a move Zeel would often use – and everyone knows that Zeel's methods are less than admirable.

"So you decided to take them as bait, huh?" Elizabeth asked giggling a bit, she was used to Zeel taking extras along to use as sacrifices should the situation turn dire, but this was a first for the goody-two-shoes Alice.

Elizabeth knew that Alice was not good by any margin, she was sometimes more ruthless than Zeel, but still, she was the type to punish those who deserved it.

This was her inclination, while Elizabeth herself could allow Zeel to use whatever method he deemed fit for the given situation, just not involving children or a large number of innocents.

Thirty minutes later, everyone was standing on a cliff looking down at the abyss below. The abyss literally screamed 'Entrance to hell' with the rhythmic wind being expelled from below, not that dissimilar to a massive beast breathing.

Alice gave an awkward chuckle "He always makes us work for a living,"

Elizabeth shrugged while smiling wryly "Not it!"

Elizabeth said the phrase too quickly for Alice to complain.

Alice had a bitter expression on her face.

"You're the daughter of a harlot," Alice snorted, switching to her antigravity boots as she began to glide down into the abyss below.

Elizabeth, seeing her getting further away, quickly yelled "I don't even remember my mother,"

Elizabeth soon began laughing at her own tasteless joke, since she did not care if her mom was the president or a harlot of Lorien. All that matter was the fact that she was Zeel's harlot only.

4