Lock 13: Happy Birthday
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I continue my daily routine of waking up early in the morning to make a bento and card that I will discreetly give to Shane with the help of Charm. Ley would sometimes overnight at my house so he could help me make the bento the following morning. But most of the time, I think, he wants to eat the dish I am cooking more than he wants to help me. I did it almost every day that we have a class every week for the last four months. During lunchtime, all I know is that Shane will take the bento with him when he leaves for lunch, and when he comes back to the room, he does not have the box with him anymore.

 

I do not want to think ill of him, but Ley would sometimes tell me that he saw Shane throwing the bento I prepared together with the card. I want to believe what my friend is telling me, but for me, Shane is not that kind of person, and maybe Ley saw a different person and thought that it was Shane. There is a possibility that he did that, but I do not want to think about it.

 

Today is the day that I will have my confession, and so is Shane's birthday. I did not leave the bento on his desk because I want to give it to him personally. I'm waiting for the perfect time to do it, and I plan to do so during lunchtime. I feel scared but also excited that I can no longer focus anymore on studying. It's only a few minutes away before the lunch break.

 

"Okay, class. That is all for today. You may take your lunch," my teacher said, and this is the time I knew that I need all the courage and bravery in my body.

I walk in the direction of Shane holding the bento with me. He was about to leave the room with Jerome and his other friends, but he stopped, "Shane!" as I called his name.

He turned around and said, "What?" as if he looks puzzled.

"Happy Birthday!" I said while reaching to him the bento and the card in my hands.

 

He looks at me as he starts to frown, but I'm still there trying to give him my presents for his birthday. However, Jerome is such a meddler, takes the card and opened it to see what's inside.

 

"Oh, we have a poem over here," he said and starts reading what's the letter all about.

 

You were that kind of guy who was loved by many,

Whenever they'll see you, they'll be very happy

You are unique in their eyes I can see clearly

The epitome of perfection, not just beauty

But also, your soul carries positivity.

 

I was in shadow, admiring you endlessly.

The opposite of your existence, you're lovely.

I'm just ordinary. More likely, nobody.

Yet, I am wishing to be your one and only.

How ambitious of me, I am such a petty.

 

I am scared and frightened as it is dark as night

You became my moon when there is no light in sight

You guided me to be in tract with your bright light

I feel safe and sound, knowing it will be alright

I am hoping that someday you could be my knight

                                                                                                                             -BlueBerry

 

"Owww, so you were the person giving the bento and letters to Shane, I didn't know it would be you all this time. I could barely sense your presence, hahaha," Jerome commented after he finished reading the poem.

 

I feel so embarrassed, but I'm still standing in front of them, waiting for Shane to take the bento I made for him. After a while, I realized that the eyes of my classmates are all staring at us. I never expected to make this kind of scene. The hallway of our room starts to be filled and surrounded by people from other sections and year levels, which I do not have any idea who they were. I look around to find Ley, but I cannot see him.

 

My heart is beating so fast that I can be mistaken to be having a palpitation. So, I took a deep breath and pictured out the image of Shane in my mind as I said the words, "I like you, Shane."

 

I can see him surprised by what I have uttered. I heard the crowd starts to make noise, some were screams of the girls, and others are booing. But I did not expect the next thing he did.

 

He pushed me so hard that I fall off to the ground, and the food inside bento spills all over me. He gets the attention of everyone and spoke the words I will never forget, which changed my life in seconds.

 

"Listen, everybody. I would never be fond of someone like him. A loser, crazy, and a delusional faggot. Just thinking of being with him creeps the hell out of me," he said as he shakes his body like he feels so disgusted with me.

"Are you out of your mind? Did you think that I will like you by doing this cheap poem and that bento," he stopped for a while as he searched for someone, and I saw Solanne coming out of the crowd, and without any hesitation walks to Shane.

He kissed her, and Solanne responded to it. Right after that, he proudly announced, "Solanne is now my girlfriend," as he wraps his arms around her waist, and the crowd starts cheering for them.

 

Charm rushed to my side and helped me. She holds me in my arms as I try to get up. I do not know what was going on around me, but someone drags me through the crowd to leave that place. It was Ley, he took me to the auditorium, and there's no one there, only the two of us. He hugged me tightly, and the tears that I'm preventing from falling off, runs like a river out of my eyes, and I started sobbing.

 

"He doesn't know you. There are still other guys out there if you can only look around. I'll always be here by your side," Ley said, and all I did was cry like a baby, but I know he is there, a friend I can always run to. 

0